Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#11976 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 7:01 PM
A little discovery. When my simself is sleeping I like to see what is happening in town and I see a sims of mine doing excercice at the gymnasium . She only trained her legs instead of the arms in this such engine in real life you can train both.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#11977 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Affinity
I found out that sims can pet dogs while the dog is on the couch! I never knew this was possible. Made me really happy It's so cute

Wow I want this interaction but probably it was made for big dogs :s
Forum Resident
#11978 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 7:41 PM
Anyone else get annoyed when your Sim gets blamed for people leaving the vaccination clinic because it was taking too long? Not my Sim's fault that you guys are understaffed!
Scholar
#11979 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 8:09 PM
Was your sim the doctor or a patient?

--Not exactly the game, but I've discovered that nobody nowhere has ever posted information on how to alter just the text of a moodlet, and that I have faulty perception because I cannot find anywhere that that text is stored (trying to change a moodlet from an expansion pack object whose name I changed). I'll be sad if I have to code an entire script mod just to change one word in a moodlet.
Forum Resident
#11980 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer

--Not exactly the game, but I've discovered that nobody nowhere has ever posted information on how to alter just the text of a moodlet, and that I have faulty perception because I cannot find anywhere that that text is stored (trying to change a moodlet from an expansion pack object whose name I changed). I'll be sad if I have to code an uhhentire script mod just to change one word in a moodlet.

The doctor
Scholar
#11981 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer

--Not exactly the game, but I've discovered that nobody nowhere has ever posted information on how to alter just the text of a moodlet, and that I have faulty perception because I cannot find anywhere that that text is stored (trying to change a moodlet from an expansion pack object whose name I changed). I'll be sad if I have to code an entire script mod just to change one word in a moodlet.

The STBL files have the text for moodlets as well as interactions and other stuff. If the moodlet came with expansion it will be easier for you to find. If you are talking about like changing the font size of the moodlet or something. I don't know how to do that, that would probably come under UI territory.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Scholar
#11982 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 8:32 PM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 5th Feb 2021 at 6:49 AM. Reason: clarifying sentence/2nd: update
It's not that easy! I did search the FullBuild STBL for the expansion several times and didn't find it. I have found on the wiki that the object has 4 moodlets, and now I know what the exact wording of each one is, so I can put it through some more searches, but I suspect that the moodlets store their STBL someplace else?

I just want to change exactly one word of all of these, to match the object name change.

Thanks to Lyralei I think I have found everything, Tomorrow I see how it goes.
Scholar
#11983 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 6:03 PM
Not so mush a discovery, more of a random thought (and I suspect that my bad memory also do have something to do whit it).

But nevermind. I do not play TS3 at the moment (Shame on me) but the last time I did play I had a sim going to college. I have had sims at college before but in between I have been adding new packs to the game. And that sure might have changed a lot of things... I did not recognize the sub world at all even if all of the larger buildings were still around. I did place my sim at a dorm (down in the left corner of the "map") that I thought I used the last time but I did not recognize the building as such... does adding packs change their appearance? The inside looked different as well, more filled with stuff. And there were washing machines and dryers too (came with Town Life i think). I have never before experienced that a game updates buildings in pre made worlds like this. In TS2 I had to add new stuff to buildings myself. In TS4 I do not have many packs so I can not say.

Anyway, I hope I have the opportunity to get back to the game some day. Right now I have other games to play. And getting my TS2/TS3 computer ready means some work every time...
Scholar
#11984 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 10:52 PM
Yes, the further expansion packs do seem to retroactively add quite a lot to the neighborhoods of earlier ones, though I don't think you would expect the existing buildings to be unrecognizable.
Lab Assistant
#11985 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 10:44 PM

This is just adorable <3
Field Researcher
#11986 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 4:08 PM
I discovered how awesome it is to be a self employed martial artist! My active family is from China and the grandmother is 10 skilled in martial arts. I made her self employed and made an academy in her town (my town is Acadia ). I made her buy the academy so she can teach others martial arts, also made the door charge sims that visit academy 100 simoleons so it can be like they're actually paying to be trained.

Not sure what mods i used to do this but i was so excited that i quoted my favorite book "I'm paralyzed with happiness!"
Scholar
#11987 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 2:51 AM
Rather late in the day (considering how long I've been playing this game) I discovered that child sims can travel with the time portal, if accompanied by a grown up. I'd always assumed they couldn't. I once used Nrass Retuner to get a child to use the time machine and she did the old stretch routine, and so I assumed it would be the same with the time portal. But I just had to tell my adult sim to travel to the future with the child, he jumped into the portal and the game went to the Oasis Landing loading screen. When it finished the child appeared next to the portal just before the adult stepped out of it. You live and learn!

(I thought this might be down the Nraas Traveller mod, but I checked that and children were not set as allowable travellers).

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Test Subject
#11988 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
I discovered kids with more skill could make pie with their little toy ovens. I rarely used them on TS2 and this is the first time I've used one (regularly) in TS3.

descobri q sobrenaturais podem passar seus genes sobrenaturais para seus netos.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#11989 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Leateus
descobri q sobrenaturais podem passar seus genes sobrenaturais para seus netos.

People are asked to post in english or provide an english translation alongside when posting on Mod The Sims.
Scholar
#11990 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
People are asked to post in english or provide an english translation alongside when posting on Mod The Sims.

"I discovered that supernaturals can pass their supernatural status to their grandchildren."
Forum Resident
#11991 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 8:48 PM Last edited by Deshong : 23rd Feb 2021 at 6:42 PM.
You know rabbitholes can have things going on inside that I won't ever see because of the aforementioned gameplay mechanic. Then that got me thinking when I see my Sims interacting with each other in a way that shows something happened between them. For example sometimes my Sim will come home from work in a RH and start thinking about their co-worker, a boss or sometimes even a Sim who visited that RH during their work shift. Sometimes my Sim will get a wish to text them, call them or invite them over. Nothing alarming really, until they start acting different than I've previously known such as being romantic with each other. Or being upset with them for whatever happened in the RH out of my view. But even out of my view, the A.I. still runs, which brings me to my next observation.

I started using NRass Tagger awhile ago and it makes it easy to track all my Sims in the neighborhood and check what they are doing. This helps me to follow out ongoing real-time A.I. driven stories whereas without it is difficult to catch a lot more interesting happenings going on. In combination with Tagger, I also use Master Controller to open and close lots to see what's actually going on inside. I end up learning so much more about my Sims and find it so fascinating just how amazing the real-time simulation is in effect at all times despite not necessarily seen but nevertheless still playing in the background. My recent example of this are two Sims who had a good start in their romantic relationship but then something happened and they both pretty much just gave up on each other and rarely interacted despite being maxed out in their long-term relationship bar. Which I already observed does not tell an accurate description since there can be a disconnect between the U.I. and the A.I. Unfortunately, the U.I. does not reflect a lot of things that are actual features in the game. But I am able to pinpoint it in some cases so it's not that big of a deal to separate the two differences and which one tells the real story. Besides, with the charisma skill or a LTR relationship bars may not decay so easily, if at all.

Back to Myles and Abeni, these two were barely on talking terms and seemed to even avoid each other around the house. I really liked this couple and didn't want to break them up so I directed them both to interact with each other first under the friendly commodity. Then I left them alone to watch to see what they would do on their own. Abeni continued to ignore Myles but Myles kept making every attempt to interact with her now. The cutest interaction which he still does this is when she comes home from work, he will greet her autonomously with a chat, hug, ask about her day, or use a romantic social. This gave me a hint that maybe he was neglecting her and she felt ignored and unwanted. Which is probably why she autonomously had an affair with Max while I was playing a different household. Anyway, it was clear that Myles was really determined in winning back her affection despite she still kept distancing herself from him, but all that attention and determination must of worn her down because she did eventually start to autonomously interacting with him and then started using romantic socials towards him like she was falling in love with him all over again. So I have successfully helped these two in their reconciliation. So much that she rolled a wish to either propose or marry him, I don't remember which. Then she autonomously tried for a baby with him.

I got them married and all seemed good. Now fast forward to their present.

They both currently have two daughters together. Minnie and Jacqueline or Jacqui. Minnie is a toddler and Jacqui is an infant soon to be a toddler. Now to tie in the whole point about the A.I. driven stories always in motion despite not being able to see everything playing out unless of mods that allows so. So I'm playing a different household and in the neighborhood map view I can see that Max has visited Abeni and Myles household. Which when I was playing with them, he has visited a few times. Sometimes with his toddler daughter Alice, or his toddler son Rocco or alone. In this particular visit though, he came alone. I was curious if Abeni would consider rekindling whatever fling they had since it is apparent that is what he is after. So I opened up their house to see inside and took some pictures because I'm not going remember every single thing that happens in my Sims lives so a bunch of pictures it is then. But the last time I checked, the spoiler tag was broken so I won't show any pictures.

So the first thing I noticed is Max talking to Abeni while holding Jacqui in the living room. It's not uncommon for him to visit and interact with Minnie and/or Jacqui but that does make me wonder. Myles was standing behind Abeni just watching them before picking up Minnie and going into the bedroom to watch tv. Then Max decided to go use the computer in the office where Abeni followed him to berate ignorance. At this point Myles put Minnie in the nursery and was snuggling Jacqui before thinking of the drafting table. So he went into the office to get some work done before being interrupted by Abeni who has a diamond in her thoughts. At this point Max had already left the room to interact with Minnie who walked out to the living room to play with the toy blocks and then he left. Abeni initiated woohoo with Myles and they went to their bedroom.

So yeah, that answers my question if Abeni considers rekindling an affair with Max. It also confirms that Myles is no longer untrustworthy and/or insecure of her being around Max as the first time he visited when I played that household, Myles was all over Abeni which made her upset he didn't trust her. Interesting progress though things can change but hopefully not for the worse. Now I have a lot more couples to rehabilitate but I'm not so sure all of them will end so well, so far, as Abeni and Myles. While it helps a lot to guide my Sims the best way I can, it also depends on each Sim's A.I. and what they want. This is a part of the reason why I enjoy the A.I. in TS3 so much because it's so reminiscent of The Sims (2000) but obviously no where near as limited but clearly stays true to the core of The Sims.

=======

Edit: Saw he was at Max's house and wanted to know what he was up to and opened the house. So this Sim A.I., Myles, processed that retaliation will be the course of action. Which seems a lot of my Sims chosen reaction. Tit for Tat...I see. Not sure though if he's trying to get Max to back off or if he wants to take this retaliation to the next level. I mean you can't just talk it out and when that fails just duke it out? XD I also noticed he visited when Abeni wasn't home but due for work soon. She was at the park playing a game of Gnubb. I'll be playing that household soon as I want to be there for Jacqui's birthday and also maybe I can help guide Myles to a different solution than that kind of retaliation. Like in TS, Sims can be taught and/or influenced depending on what the player does, so it is the same gameplay mechanic in TS3.

So now I know for sure, that Myles figured it out who it was that Abeni had an affair with because I'm thinking in the past he thought it was his twin brother at one point. Which Alan, his twin, did seem to plant seeds of doubt but I'm not sure why. For Abeni's sake or Max's or both or what then? Can't hide it anymore when Max keeps showing up...it's too obvious.
Screenshots

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Mad Poster
#11993 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 6:30 PM
That sims can want to buy Mistletoe. The first day of Winter and one of the sims in my active couple wants to buy a Mistletoe.
Field Researcher
#11994 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 11:53 AM Last edited by Craft90 : 3rd Mar 2021 at 2:08 PM.
Sims 3 vampires shows up in the mirror. That's... not quite fitting in with vampire lore.

Oh and vampires doesn't seem to understand the meaning of "skate" They just keep running laps! Another interesting thing... my vampire was delighted over a fake tan because now "he could finally fit in". I don't know if all Sims says that but for a vampire... it's something extra.
Instructor
#11995 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Sims 3 vampires shows up in the mirror. That's... not quite fitting in with vampire lore.

It fits because they're modern mirrors. In past centuries, mirrors were crafted using mostly mercury or silver - both elements very harmful for vampires. Hence they didn't reflect them. Contemporary mirrors today are made of cheaper elements that are safe to look at and hence they show up; much easier to keep up the Masquerade.
Field Researcher
#11996 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flora2
It fits because they're modern mirrors. In past centuries, mirrors were crafted using mostly mercury or silver - both elements very harmful for vampires. Hence they didn't reflect them. Contemporary mirrors today are made of cheaper elements that are safe to look at and hence they show up; much easier to keep up the Masquerade.

That's an interesting point. I wasn't aware of that. Though in Sims 4 vampires doesn't show up in mirrors.
Alchemist
#11997 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 1:48 AM
In the game code, there's called "alarm" to trigger certain things in the game after a period of time has passed or at certain time of the day (like expiration of moodlets or when the lotto winner will be announced). Some of these alarms are pretty self-explanatory, like "Active Career: Job timeout", "Fixup Pregnancy attributes post load", or "Waiting for Party to start". But the alarm to age up elderly Sims from sub worlds are called this:

Code:
public void AgeVacationWorldSims(float agingYearsPassed)
{
	//shortened
	AlarmManager.Global.AddAlarm(RandomUtil.GetFloat(12f, 24f), TimeUnit.Hours, new AlarmTimerCallback(@object.Callback), "The Cake is a Lie and Then You Die", AlarmType.NeverPersisted, null);
	//shortened
}

Just call me Nikel
Forum Resident
#11998 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 6:55 PM
"This cake is a lie and then you die" that's so sarcastic xD dark humour from the sims 1.
Last time I played I see one of my fairy autonomously sit down cross legs on the floor with no computer in a park of my custom Lucky Palms. A thing I never can do at all with an active sim.
Lab Assistant
#11999 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
"This cake is a lie and then you die" that's so sarcastic xD dark humour from the sims 1.

Its The Sims 2.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Forum Resident
#12000 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 5:45 PM Last edited by Deshong : 12th Mar 2021 at 8:05 PM.
A lot of my Sims keep getting pregnant and since I have pregnancy set for nine Sim months then I get to experience more of the signs and symptoms with multiple female Sims. So something that has become more apparent is a higher libido in some, if not all, of my pregnant Sims which varies throughout. A really interesting and realistic touch to gameplay. I just find it so amusing when the wife comes home from work and the first thing she wants to do is woohoo her husband, lol. Or he is busy doing something and she interrupts to woohoo or if she is up before him as soon as he wakes up she initiates woohoo. Sometimes they even woohoo twice consecutively though usually the second time is try for a baby. She already conceived but I don't think they know that yet since she hasn't gotten to the stage of nausea or backaches yet, but has had a few cravings for grilled cheese or spaghetti.

Unfortunately, I have another pregnant Sim I observed when playing a different household who didn't even bother to wait or find her husband and just cheated on him. I'm not really sure if I should try to work on their relationship or divorce them as the wife just keeps flirting with other men and cheating. And her husband keeps visiting their daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren of late and sticks around to the point where I will direct the daughter to ask if he wants to spend the night. The last time though he didn't even need to be prompted and he just made himself at home but the game kicked him out and I had to re-invite him inside.

I'll probably play an alt save to see how everyone will respond if I have the husband divorce his wife. Perhaps he will be better off and happier.

Edit: I also noticed one of my pregnant Sims craving something sweet and she baked herself a vanilla bundt cake and a had a couple more servings whenever she got hungry again. Then in my other household, a pregnant wife will mostly go after quick meals such as green salad, cereal, canned soup but also would choose to eat forest berry salad, autumn salad among other meals. There was nothing but sweets in the refrigerator at the time prepared by her husband and apparently she didn't want that and didn't feel like cooking either hence the quick meals. I wonder if eating healthy or non-healthy is perhaps a hidden feature or something. If a pregnant Sim overeats throughout their pregnancy would that affect the baby like it would in real life? Though because babies all look the same it wouldn't be until the toddler stage to see if the child ends up overweight.

=======

Edit 2: I doubt that the routing system is connected to the A.I. because maybe then there wouldn't be so many routing fails. However, there are a few occasions where I observe the A.I. will come to a solution on its own. A recent example from my game is my toddler Sim Jacqui is obsessed with her imaginary friend doll and after she uses the potty chair she pulls out her IFD and blocks her older toddler sister, Minnie, from using it. Before I could even direct Jacqui to move somewhere, her father picked her up and put her down somewhere else in the same room and then left while Minnie was then able to use the potty chair. I think that's interesting how Sims can help solve their own or someone else's route fail situation.
Screenshots

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Page 480 of 490