Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 6:15 PM Last edited by Spiritbw : 8th Jul 2012 at 6:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
Default Disc-World/Ankh-Morpork and it's citizens
There has been discussion on this in a couple of threads and it seems a few people would love to see Simmie characters wandering around. I admit it got me thinking of at least how I'd go about making the various characters from Rincewind and Nobby Nobbs to Commander Vimes and Granny Weatherwax.

I have not got the ffirst idea though about how to best recreate them as simmies though and even less aout doing a world building to make Ankh-Morpork. So I figured, let's see what the community at large thinks would be best for who and what.

For example, just trying to think up traits that would best express Carrot Ironfounderson:

Good,
Brave,
Charismatic,
???,
???

Athletic might be good as he's not exactly what you call a weakling, but what else?
There are also so many characters.

Rincewind:
Coward,
Athletic, (run!)
Loser, (how many times should he have died?)
???

and so many more.....
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 6:19 PM
'Disc' :p
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 2:03 PM
*Raises an eyebrow*
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 1:07 PM
It would be hard to make them in sims 3 but I am intrested it. After all as long as we can have death sroking kittens in it I would be happy.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
It would be hard to make them in sims 3 but I am intrested it. After all as long as we can have death sroking kittens in it I would be happy.

I can't help thinking that with the right circumstances and the Pets EP, this would be possible.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 12:28 PM
With supernatural coming so many more characters can be made, Angua is at the top of my list. I would happily have a go at building Anhk-Morpork if there were people willing to do the buidings, my buildings are uninspired at best.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 12:35 PM
This is a great idea apart from one problem I am not good at buliding on sims 3 but I am sims 2.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

Nocturnal Dawn
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 1:21 AM
If you can give me some referenace pictures of the style(s) you want, and what lot sizes for what buildings I could give it a go.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 4:55 AM
The building style is Medieval/Renaissance/steam-punked old London. If you google Ankh-Morpork you will get plenty of images, some are specific buildings which would need to be followed closely but most would be a free-for-all, if this goes any further I'll chase up pictures for people. I've been studing the maps of Ankh-Morpork that i can find and it is HUGE. I'm thinking you would have to break it down to the essential buidings needed to give the right feel.

Here is a list of the buidings I can think of and their Sim counterpart

The Patricians Palace - City hall
Unseen University - Library, Science lab, School
Dysk theatre - The Theatre
The Opera House - Stadium/Big Show Venue
Pseudopolis Yard Night Watchhouse - Police dept
The Tanty - Military Base
Small Gods - Cemetery/Mausoleum
The Mended Drum - A bar

If you can think of any more or would like to suggest different ones the please do so.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 9:54 PM
Well, others I can think of are:

Sybil Free Hospital - Hospital
The Bucket - Dive bar
The Grand Trunk Company(forget the name of the tower) - Office building

EDIT: Funny enough, doing a image search in google for the buidings in question for me get's me a bunch of inecraft photos of the buildings as done in that game.

Still, I know the artchitectural styles you mean. The political state of the city and those serounding it does mimic the Italian city states so i'll see what I can find for pictures there.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 4:00 AM
The Patrician would have to have genius, ambitious, evil, dog lover and workolic traits.

Short Street would have to be the longest street on the map.

I know the "monsters' have their own bar. It would do nicely for the vampire bar. The Troll's Head is clearly a dive bar.

I know that this is a rather large undertaking. I wish you well. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 11:21 AM
The gulids would massive for one lot, maybe mulitple lots.

Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 2:07 PM
Biers! That's the name of that pub! i couldn't think of it the other day. i found the Lspace Wiki (http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Main_Page) It has some good lists of pubs and other businesses.

Yes I was surprised at all the Minecraft /Discworld creations, Second life too, makes you wonder why more of it hasn't been done in the Sims.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:58 PM
I think the reason why is that it would be to big for someone to take on and finding the right cc for it.

Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
I think the reason why is that it would be to big for someone to take on and finding the right cc for it.

I agree, I must admit the thought is somewhat daunting, I'm not sure that Sims 3 has enough CC yet.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:25 PM
Why not use sims 2 or mixture of both?

Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 9:38 PM
Default Help with Ankh-Morpork?
Hi, I know this hasn't been responded to in a while, but I'm hoping you guys will still be around - I'm currently building Ankh-Morpork in CAW, and YES! It IS a giant undertaking - so I'm asking for help. This is the link to my help request: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/747941.page

If anyone interested reads this, please lend a hand with lots and characters. Thank you!
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 12:04 AM
Got say, i love the map and the Tower of Art that you got set in that map.

I can't promise anything myself right now, but I will see what I can do and keep an eye on your project.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
Got say, i love the map and the Tower of Art that you got set in that map.

I can't promise anything myself right now, but I will see what I can do and keep an eye on your project.

Thank you! There's no rush
Field Researcher
#20 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 12:27 PM
The Librarian would be something of a challenge.

Athletic
Booklover
Friendly

Too early in the morning. I'll have to caffeine up to think about it....
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
The Librarian would be something of a challenge.

Athletic
Booklover
Friendly

Too early in the morning. I'll have to caffeine up to think about it....

LOL...Ironically I was up last night thinking about the Librarian too - I suppose we'd have to put him in robes, then mess about with the werewolf hair and some very creative use of the sliders....
I'm looking forward to seeing what your caffeine-inspiration brings.... :P
Field Researcher
#22 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 1:12 PM
SpiritBW I fucking love you.

I fucking love ALL of you.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th May 2014 at 8:23 PM
The project is coming along (despite some serious CAW problems) and I'm going to be placing the characters soon. Anyone want to offer their expertise in Sim creation? http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../60/747941.page
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 1:24 PM
Default It is done!
Well, I've completed the world, and it's available here: http://calinselene.wordpress.com/ankh-morpork/

Hope you guys enjoy
Mad Poster
#25 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 3:26 PM
That's fucking awesome.

Guessing it wasn't possible to make the River Ankh accurately solid though. :X
Page 1 of 2