Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2020 at 12:57 AM
Default Game console light arrows need removed
So I'm a major noob to Blender and model stuff in S4S, but pretty much, how do I get rid of, or edit, these arrow lights on the City Living console in a new mesh?

I tried researching this myself, but I keep finding PS4 and Xbone stuff.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th May 2020 at 11:49 PM
Try taking a look at the Rig/Slots tab in s4studio and see if there are any for FX. I've never poked around with the consoles from City Living so I can't be much more help.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 1:51 AM
Work around.
I'm a also a major noob to Blender and S4S and have spent all evening trying to teach myself how to do exactly what you are. Didn't work out how to do it myself but have found a workaround!

1. Download littledica's Nintendo Switch http://modthesims.info/d/591983/nin...ity-living.html
2. Put the Nintendo Switch On Dock.package into S4S Mods folder. PC - Documents - Sims 4 Studio - Mods
3. Open S4S Start object Standalone recolor and sort content to custom, the littledica's nintendo switch should be there.
4. Name a new package file, import the mesh and texture of console you've created.

And now you have a fully functioning console without the lighting!!! Of course this is just a workaround, how to do this myself I have no idea so all credit goes to Littledica (http://modthesims.info/m/8948685)

Hope this helps. :D
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 5:43 PM
If you do go that route and intend to share the results it would be good practice to check with Littledica first if they mind you using their package as a base to work from. It's just good manners.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CommodoreLezmo
I'm a also a major noob to Blender and S4S and have spent all evening trying to teach myself how to do exactly what you are. Didn't work out how to do it myself but have found a workaround!

1. Download littledica's Nintendo Switch http://modthesims.info/d/591983/nin...ity-living.html
2. Put the Nintendo Switch On Dock.package into S4S Mods folder. PC - Documents - Sims 4 Studio - Mods
3. Open S4S Start object Standalone recolor and sort content to custom, the littledica's nintendo switch should be there.
4. Name a new package file, import the mesh and texture of console you've created.

And now you have a fully functioning console without the lighting!!! Of course this is just a workaround, how to do this myself I have no idea so all credit goes to Littledica (http://modthesims.info/m/8948685)

Hope this helps. :D

I thought that myself once and attempted it too, but I wanted to figure out how to do it myself so I could share it and not be 'stealing' someone else's efforts.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 6:28 PM Last edited by CommodoreLezmo : 10th Jun 2020 at 6:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LightningBolt
I thought that myself once and attempted it too, but I wanted to figure out how to do it myself so I could share it and not be 'stealing' someone else's efforts.

Ah yes if you plan on sharing the item your creating then I would recommend what your doing and looking into it further. I did this workaround for an item I only ever intended to use in my own game and not to share. If that was the same case then I would've recommend the work around.
The community on here is very kind an helpful so given time I'm sure someone will be able to help. Good luck. Would be great to hear if you figure it out.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 7:19 PM
Default Solved
Quote: Originally posted by LightningBolt
So I'm a major noob to Blender and model stuff in S4S, but pretty much, how do I get rid of, or edit, these arrow lights on the City Living console in a new mesh?

I tried researching this myself, but I keep finding PS4 and Xbone stuff.

I think have figured out a way. The two triangle are a separate mesh in blender. if you select the correct mesh and then click scale, drag your mouse to the right and you can reduce the size of the triangles to minimum.
After doing this you can hide the small triangles within the mesh of your created console using the arrows. (see pictures.)

I tried this on the console from City Living and when my Sim was playing the console in game no lights were visible.
Hope this works for you. :D
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CommodoreLezmo
I think have figured out a way. The two triangle are a separate mesh in blender. if you select the correct mesh and then click scale, drag your mouse to the right and you can reduce the size of the triangles to minimum.
After doing this you can hide the small triangles within the mesh of your created console using the arrows. (see pictures.)

I tried this on the console from City Living and when my Sim was playing the console in game no lights were visible.
Hope this works for you. :D

I'll give that a try, thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 10:18 AM
Indeed that worked and was easy! Thanks again!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 3:08 PM
As yay! Your welcome :D