Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1997 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1885 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 49 of 80
Test Subject
#1201 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Allex2525
Hiii, sorry to bother you but I'm very new to blender and stuff like that , everything works fine apart from the colors , when I import it into blender the sim is just gray , I don't get any errors or anything it just doesnt show colors at all , do you know what might be the problem

because it isn't an error
you didn't enable textured view
do everyone a favor and just look up blender tutorials please
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1202 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 12:06 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 18th Oct 2021 at 6:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Allex2525
Hiii, sorry to bother you but I'm very new to blender and stuff like that , everything works fine apart from the colors , when I import it into blender the sim is just gray , I don't get any errors or anything it just doesnt show colors at all , do you know what might be the problem

There's a tutorial linked in the SimRipper description: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=639931

It needs to be updated since the textures are already linked to the mesh now, but part 2, step 6 shows you how to switch to Material view.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1203 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BenjiThatFoxGuy
okay, I didn't know the game would do that. my inexperienced assumption was it'd maybe just use a different base or sth
cool to learn, and thanks again for looking into this!

Okay, finally after a ridiculous amount of time I've created a waist gap mesh and it seems to be working. I've attached a test version for you to try, please let me know if you still see problems. I have to do more testing and tweaking, and the breast morphs aren't working on male tops so I have to fix that. Call it a gender flexibility overhaul.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4SimRipper_3_9_2_0.zip (2.46 MB, 56 downloads)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#1204 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Okay, finally after a ridiculous amount of time I've created a waist gap mesh and it seems to be working. I've attached a test version for you to try, please let me know if you still see problems. I have to do more testing and tweaking, and the breast morphs aren't working on male tops so I have to fix that. Call it a gender flexibility overhaul.

it works! thanks again for looking into it ^^
I'll try to gather the files you asked me to finally send them, this week's just been crazy.
Test Subject
#1205 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 6:49 AM
Default Just wanted to show results because I love this tool
Thank you for all your hard work <3
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1206 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nvcn4thepn
Thank you for all your hard work <3

I love it! Thanks so much, I can really use the encouragement.

Test Subject
#1207 Old 27th Oct 2021 at 8:31 PM
Isn't model ripping illegal?
Test Subject
#1208 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 1:54 AM Last edited by sims4locker : 28th Oct 2021 at 2:07 AM.
Default Help
I never had to problem before, but when I import the DAE file into blender it separates for the rig. Only with females.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1209 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims4locker
I never had to problem before, but when I import the DAE file into blender it separates for the rig. Only with females.

I haven't changed the meshes, and there's no difference in how meshes are constructed for males and females. Please upload a mesh you're having trouble with.

Test Subject
#1210 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 9:59 AM
Has anyone else had problems ripping sims using height presets? I've tried several times to rip child and older sims using Luumia height presets and always get an error about the bones not existing or something similar. Is there a way to fix this, or will I have to use an EA body preset to rip a sim successfully? (is there a way to edit height and body shape of model after ripping sim if this is the case?)
Mad Poster
#1211 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 4:54 PM
Once a Sim is ripped and imported into Blender they can be manipulated like any other Blender creation. So you can totally make them taller or shorter that way.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1212 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hitmontop16
Isn't model ripping illegal?

No more than extracting textures and meshes, which every CC-making tool does.

Test Subject
#1213 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 6:41 PM Last edited by sims4locker : 28th Oct 2021 at 7:58 PM.
I haven't changed the meshes, and there's no difference in how meshes are constructed for males and females. Please upload a mesh you're having trouble with.

The first 2 picture is the male mesh in blender. Nothing wrong both mesh shows up under rig. The next 2 picture is the female mesh when I import her it separate for some reason. The last 2 pictures is a female with no cc because I saw in the "A note about error messages" that it could be a preset that I had, but deleted. It still separated in blender like that other DAE
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#1214 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 9:27 PM
Don't you just need to click the little white arrow next to the word rig to expand it?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1215 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims4locker
The first 2 picture is the male mesh in blender. Nothing wrong both mesh shows up under rig. The next 2 picture is the female mesh when I import her it separate for some reason. The last 2 pictures is a female with no cc because I saw in the "A note about error messages" that it could be a preset that I had, but deleted. It still separated in blender like that other DAE

You didn't upload a mesh so I can only guess. Did you change the rig, maybe import a posing rig? I can't help with that. What does it look like before you touch anything?

Test Subject
#1216 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 10:54 PM
Default Anto Hair Highlights issue
I use Anto hair highlights and they don't show up in the blender. I was wondering if there was something I can do to fix it?
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1217 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlecCastiel
I use Anto hair highlights and they don't show up in the blender. I was wondering if there was something I can do to fix it?

If you upload the package I'll take a look.

Test Subject
#1218 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 9:49 PM
Default This is just one hair style.
If you upload the package I'll take a look.
So I only put one hair style but it does the same on all, when I use the hair and add the addition color via a tattoo menu or the hat menu.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Anto_S4Hair_358_Chromatic1_Dalma.zip (23.63 MB, 1 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1219 Old 31st Oct 2021 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlecCastiel
So I only put one hair style but it does the same on all, when I use the hair and add the addition color via a tattoo menu or the hat menu.

The hairs have no textures so I can't do anything with them. The other package is hats. I don't see any highlights. Can you explain what's missing?

Test Subject
#1220 Old 31st Oct 2021 at 8:56 PM
Default Facial issue
Hello. I'm having an issue where the face of my ripped sim looks quite different from what it actually looks in CAS. As you can see in the attached photos, the nose bridge is much wider, the lower lip is a bit rounder, and there are some weird lines at the mouth corners. I never use any custom slider so I have no idea why my ripped sim's face looks like that.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1221 Old 31st Oct 2021 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Plantyl
Hello. I'm having an issue where the face of my ripped sim looks quite different from what it actually looks in CAS. As you can see in the attached photos, the nose bridge is much wider, the lower lip is a bit rounder, and there are some weird lines at the mouth corners. I never use any custom slider so I have no idea why my ripped sim's face looks like that.

How does it look in SimRipper? Are you sure it's not just the perspective in Blender?

I need to see your save game and the sim troubleshooting info.

Test Subject
#1222 Old 31st Oct 2021 at 10:49 PM
How does it look in SimRipper? Are you sure it's not just the perspective in Blender?

I need to see your save game and the sim troubleshooting info.

Save file
Sim Information (Not sure if this is the file you're asking for.)
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1223 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Plantyl
Save file
Sim Information (Not sure if this is the file you're asking for.)

No, I need the sim troubleshooting info that you save by clicking the button in SimRipper. But it looks fine to me in SimRipper so I think it's just a difference in rendering perspective. You can upload the mesh if you want so I see for myself.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1224 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VeenaAsh
Hello, Love. I'm having some problems with my sim's preset. That looks fine in-game, but in Sim Ripper, the eyelids are getting a little wider and the lips look different from the CAS.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Is it still possible for me to solve this problem?

Here's the file you're probably looking for.

Saves & TroubleShoot

Thank you so much.

I don't see any difference that's not likely just differences in rendering. Honestly, I don't see any differences that aren't just slightly different coloring and shading. Don't expect it to be identical in every detail.

Test Subject
#1225 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 3:55 PM
I don't see any difference that's not likely just differences in rendering. Honestly, I don't see any differences that aren't just slightly different coloring and shading. Don't expect it to be identical in every detail.

I didn't notice anything unusual at first, but after updating the game, I noticed a pretty weird part in the mouth. It wasn't like this at first, but after updating the game, it's still starting to happen. So I think it's because there's a problem with the preset. However, thank you.
Page 49 of 80