Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 4:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims taking snacks out of the fridge instead of taking ingredients to cook a meal
So, i've been having this issue for quite a while, and i don't know what causes it or how to fix it. My sim is a level 10 cook and she refuses to cook by herself! Something wierd is that, if i put a cooking tray, they will autonomously cook it. My house has complete kitchen accessories, all base game.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 6:38 PM
It's a common issue that a lot of us have and it's because sims tend to make poor choices.It's forced me to visit Simlogical to download a no autonomous fridge patch to stop them from just grabbling snacks and be able to direct them to prepare proper meals even if they have no cooking skill though zero skill sims ave to prepare cereal or sandwiches instead of being able to use a stove.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 9:07 PM Last edited by Annaminna : 24th Feb 2021 at 9:17 PM.
It has been reported that if sim is overleveled in cooking (has 10+ skill), it will automatically stop them autonomously cooking. You can still direct them to cook and use Dizzy's leftover-hack2 , store leftovers and they will use leftovers instead. You can take 1 cooking point off from sim and they will start cook again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 10:16 PM
I would say that she has a hidden cooking point and with 11 points they can't cook as Annaminna said. I had this one time. Use the simblender and remove a point and then I think I had to set it to 10.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 7:44 AM
The cooking skill going over ten points is a glitch that can stop cooking and you need to use a hack to remove one or more points to fix it I would use Simblender to correct that if it's a skill overload as others have said and I've not had that bug happen though I've had them unable to serve dinner when lacking any cooking skill and that issue is fised with the breakfast at midnight hack found on this site.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
The cooking skill going over ten points is a glitch that can stop cooking and you need to use a hack to remove one or more points to fix it I would use Simblender to correct that if it's a skill overload as others have said and I've not had that bug happen though I've had them unable to serve dinner when lacking any cooking skill and that issue is fised with the breakfast at midnight hack found on this site.

I'll try to do that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson

I tried and i't didn't work
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LavaHoundBR
I tried and i't didn't work

Then you need leftover-hack2.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 4:54 AM
It sounds like something is bugged on the lot or the town if removing a cooking skill point didn't fix the issue or that something bugged out with the sim themselves.I'd try it out in a new town with fresh sims to see if the issue ever pops up in the new game.It might also be that your other town is corrupted and startingto become unplayable.I had something like that happen and it wasn't long after that that I couldn't even open the town because it would crash while that town was loading.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 8:57 AM
I don't know if it is just me, but I noticed that after I installed a mod that stopped the 'Stuff Face' interaction, my sims began to cook autonomously more often.

I also highly recommended the autonomous leftover mod everyone in this thread is recommending. I have had it in my game for a while and I love it. A funny quirk to it though is that when a sim goes to get leftovers, their action queue will read something like 'Make/Serve Pancakes,' then they get out leftover Mac and Cheese It's minor and funny to me personally.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 3:17 PM
Actually if I have sim with lvl 10 cooking, I direct them to make servings more cheaper, so I will not end with burned lobster all the time. Also Dizzy's mod lets them take lefovers instead of snacks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
I don't know if it is just me, but I noticed that after I installed a mod that stopped the 'Stuff Face' interaction, my sims began to cook autonomously more often.

I also highly recommended the autonomous leftover mod everyone in this thread is recommending. I have had it in my game for a while and I love it. A funny quirk to it though is that when a sim goes to get leftovers, their action queue will read something like 'Make/Serve Pancakes,' then they get out leftover Mac and Cheese It's minor and funny to me personally.

I actually have a "no autonomous stuff face" mod, but the problem is that my sims take snacks.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 5:30 AM
I direct my sims to cook after cancelling their grab snacks or at least I used to have to do that until installing a no autonomous fridge patch which means they no longer grab snacks and can only go grab food from the fridge if I direct them to fix a meal or serve meals>I do have to watch them to make sure they are eating and direct them to fix food for themselves though it's put a stop to them just grabbing snacks on their own when I'm not looking instead of cooking a proper meal.