Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 12:19 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Resolution/Shaders Issue
Hello,

I recently got a new laptop and I finally got The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to work. It only runs in windowed mode for some reason and the resolution is very tiny. I have tried everything to fix it, but nothing works. Also something is very wrong with the shaders as my sims look discolored/shadowed weirdly and the only fix has been to use the cheat boolProp useShaders false, but this causes some hairstyles not to show up and I'm not sure what else will be affected by this, I was hoping somebody here would know of a fix for this. I tried the gun lighting radiance mod to no avail and its not my custom content as even when I take all of it out, I still have this issue. I'm lost on what to do...

System Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60GHz
32.0GB (31.8GB Usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Graphics Card: Geforce GTX 1660 Ti
Nvidia

Also I have the Graphics Rule Maker set to the way every tutorial there is says to set it, but it doesn't fix the resolution or shaders issue in my game.

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer about these two issues, thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 1:38 AM