Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Build-a-Playground: 5 hills for children and toddlers [TESTERS WANTED]

by Jasana_BugBreeder Posted 31st Jan 2009 at 9:41 PM - Updated 22nd Feb 2009 at 9:33 AM by Jasana_BugBreeder : placement hints added

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 8:02 AM
I can not play with this. What can i do?
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 1:44 AM
This idea is great but I have two problems...1. When using slides that are suppose to correspond to height from one floor level to another my kid sims slides down it, but then just stays at the bottom of the slide and can't get up...2. It would be better if the slides had 10 fun rather than 10 environment as sliding down a slide should be considered a fun activity.
Test Subject
#53 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 1:15 AM
is this in testing or tested? Like does it play well, EP ready, so on?

Gimp? Photoshop? What the... What does that mean,, You know your a newbie when,,,
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 9:57 AM
Can't wait to let my sim kids slide. Thank you SO much! And it's so pretty!
Field Researcher
#55 Old 1st May 2009 at 11:09 PM
this is adorable, awesome job
Test Subject
#56 Old 10th May 2009 at 3:45 AM
Heyyy I love this idea I wish I could use it though because I did try to download it but my computer doesn't take .rar's it only takes the zipped files so is there anyway you could change it to that?
Test Subject
#57 Old 28th May 2009 at 11:16 PM
Do you know the big slides? how do u get the foundation so big? great set though x
Instructor
Original Poster
#58 Old 29th May 2009 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Leah01639
Do you know the big slides? how do u get the foundation so big?
For the highest slides, you need full floor height - for example, place a column, and then place floor tiles over it. Try to reproduce the layout given in the last two pictures, it may help.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 31st May 2009 at 1:53 PM
This looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to try it for my little simmies. Thanks. Corse keeping the big simmies off it will be a challenge too
Field Researcher
#60 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:14 AM
Wow! Awesome work! Thank you very much!
Instructor
#61 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 7:13 PM
Wow, this is so great, thank you so much.
Test Subject
#62 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 7:07 PM
This is really an awesome dl!!love it! But.... i've ran into some problems when I downloaded this and put it behind my house I had 2 children, but when 1 child is using a hill, I can't select any hill for the other kid. I've also ran into some other trouble: When I give one of them the order slide, and I cancel it, i can't select any hill... they just aren't selectable anymore... I've got all ep's, incl. AL. Does anyone know how to solve this?
Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:59 AM
For some bizarre reason, my simmys can't use the slide (child or toddler)
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 12:26 PM
keepertje, InAShallowGrave - if you can't order a child to slide, check their stats - I used standard fun check, so, for example, if your child has Bladder below zero (that's half of motive bar), they wouldn't be able to slide. So, for example, in newly created family you can usually slide once or twice, then motives become too low.
As for toddlers, they should be able to walk and you need Rebecca's mod to allow them climb up stairs to reach the hills.
Test Subject
#65 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 9:55 AM
thanx, I feel like such an idiot now..
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:54 PM
I seem to be having the same problem as Joefish. D:
All I did was build some small foundation and attached a small slide to it and some stairs.
The child does slide down, but then gets stuck at the bottom of the slide until I reset her.
I also have had times where she *poofs* back up to the top (similar to the problem others were having), but she still gets stuck at the top just standing there until I reset her. Dx

I really love your creation, so I'll keep trying it out other ways. ^ ^

)+>
Smile, because you're better than you think. ;)
Test Subject
#67 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:32 PM
I downloaded them, but I kept having a problem of the kids getting stuck at the top. Any advice?
Test Subject
#68 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasana_BugBreeder
keepertje, InAShallowGrave - if you can't order a child to slide, check their stats - I used standard fun check, so, for example, if your child has Bladder below zero (that's half of motive bar), they wouldn't be able to slide. So, for example, in newly created family you can usually slide once or twice, then motives become too low.
As for toddlers, they should be able to walk and you need Rebecca's mod to allow them climb up stairs to reach the hills.

Weird, I went and Restarted my computer, went back into my test family, and it worked, weird stuff... My Sim kids LOVE it Beautiful Job
Instructor
#69 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 8:11 PM
Awesome, thanks!

^_^
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 11:31 PM Last edited by akven : 27th Aug 2009 at 6:05 AM. Reason: forgot the "?". picky.
i can build them, but when i make sims try it, there are no interactions when i click on them. do you know what causes this?
Test Subject
#71 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 11:06 PM
thanks but one question.. what folder do they show up in in the game?

gr8girl98
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 8:42 PM
These look awesome!! Thank you My sim kids want a poster of you in their bedrooms so they can bow down to you!!

Go Jason English!! 1st place 24hr Solo mountain Bike world Champs! :)
Test Subject
#73 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 1:54 PM
my sims won't go down the slide...
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 11:13 AM
Awesome! I can't wait to use it!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 4:36 PM
Thanks a lot, it's great but most of the time the kids freeze and jst stand there for ages, i have to reset them in order to unfreeze them, it keeps happening. Some kids dont freeze but most of them do.
Page 3 of 5