Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Builder's Island - DIY

by armiel Posted 15th Sep 2010 at 9:02 PM - Updated 29th Jun 2020 at 8:40 PM by HugeLunatic

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 2:04 AM
dumb question, but how did you do the tunnel for roads in your world? Is it functional? I'm trying to do the same thing in a world I'm creating, but the only tunnel that I can find is the train tunnel.

Thanks!
Test Subject
#27 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 2:53 AM
Epic world. I'm actually going to see how it is for playing I know it's a builders only world but I'm going to make a mini neighborhood out of it. (Yeah I know, I'm quite stubborn)
Anyway, I just finished installing it yesterday, I went to the world and saw the tunnel was missing. I was like, "What the heck?!" I tried to cover it up with trees and rocks, but the whole "No objects allowed on roads" thing is messing up my plan. So, my question is, how do you get the tunnel?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 6:11 AM
The world is base game compatible, but (I guess) the tunnel is from World Adventures, and does not show up without that game installed. The tunnel (train tunnel, yes) is not functional, the sims will walk over the mountain.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 7:56 PM
Default Just to Say Thanx
Just wanted to say thanx. I never knew this was here. But this is perfect for me. I build a lot. And I mean A LOT!!! And with this world being so small it will be so much easier for me to build homes on this thing than it will be for me to load up a complete empty world. This thing loaded up in less than 20 secs. That's FAST!!! Allowing me to swap between worlds in a big hurry if I need to change something out while testing homes in my active hood.

Thanx again!!

cheers
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 9:10 AM
I would suggest that you'd list the need for WA for the tunnel in the description. If this was conveyed I would have not downloaded and installed this world.

Technically your creation is base game compatible but practically its not, because without the tunnel the sims are forced to run over that really really high mountain which is more than a little lame.

Throwing out another suggestion. If you want to make this world truly base game compatible then maybe you should make a version that has no tunnel or mountain in the middle of the road.

Anyway, I don't mean to sound condescending. I think (with the exception of the tunnel) it is a brilliant creation. Its small and very manageable. Thanks for reading my comment.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 12:19 PM
It's a building world. Building world. Not a playing world.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 5:41 PM
A must have!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 10:27 PM
You, sir, are a genius. A genius, I say!
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 4:26 AM
Super Cheers. Thanks
Test Subject
#35 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 8:42 AM
After I installed this world, my game wouldnt save, it just hung on the processing screen. I tried to let it sit over night and it was still stuck.

I had to remove the builders island :-(
Test Subject
#36 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:15 AM
Thank you, I will use this often.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 7:45 PM
I will defiantly use this; thank you. :3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 5:18 AM
Thanks, with Twallan's traveler mod i'm going to put vacation homes here for my sims xD
Instructor
THANKS POST
#39 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 10:31 AM
Wow, I was gonna do something similar but I couldn't afford the Education fee's to study CAW - so THANKS!!!! You saved me having to learn
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Envie42
armiel, help! (I'm sorry if I should not be leaving this question / feedback here - pls point me in the right direction) -- I have been using your DIY Builder's Island to create two lots. One is a 60x60 lot with a dome. The other, a 30x30 is a house I remodeled for rflong7's "Moon Base Charlie" World. I saved a copy of her current house and put it on your island to remodel / save it. When I was finished, and re-saved / re-loaded it into rflong's world (same lot I took it from originally) - it pushed the entire lot 3 stories up on an elevated lot! I used flatten lot both before placing the lot and after to try fixing the problem, but this only causes the lot to flatten and the house to remain elevated on its foundation. If you'd like to see screenshots of what I am talking about (plus a lot more detail about what I did) - please look at my blog about it here:

http://twistedenvie.blogspot.com/20...ders-blues.html

I've started blogging in my adventures with my androsims and learning to build and use mods.

I hope there's help for this and not a terrain elevation issue with either your DIY builder island or rflong's moon world terrain conflicts. Thank you so much in advance.

EDIT: I think I have found a way to fix this - as apparently its a bug. Some of the helpful builders over on CAW board @ sims3 community forums pointed me in the right direction. Apparently something in EA coding since Ambitions is doing this. Going to try a fix now. Sorry to bug you when its not your world at all

SAME! Could you provide the links you found to fix this? I made a gorgeous 40x40 lot, took screenshots, put the lot up for people to play with. Then tried it on two of my own worlds, and was horrified to find it elevated, with the residents screaming about how they couldn't get in or out! The only solution seemed to be to put it on a 50x50 lot, and soften the terrain around it, which was totally NOT what I wanted to do! How did you manage to fix it?

EDIT: D'oh, your blog post helps, and I'm totally posting a link to it in a few other Sims communities, if you don't mind!

LOL, amusingly, I was playing Moon Base Delta (the populated one) as one of my worlds, and Barnacle Bay as another, and Lunar Lakes as a third. When I saw Lunar Lakes, I thought it was rflong's world on steroids!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 9:13 PM
for lot elevation issues (in any world) http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...955&postcount=5
Instructor
THANKS POST
#42 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 10:22 AM
I know it might sound a bit warped but I actually am using the rabbit hole rugs and have started this high street build world as my city, it's so simple, easy to play and the loading/saves times are WIN, If only we could edit existing worlds to make a crossroads in the middle instead of hills and a bridge & couple of spawners and then this would be my perfect world! thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 1:45 AM
I'm such a "late poster" LOL, anyways thanks sooo much! I like the other version, but this one, you can have a 64x64 lot! Thanks a bunch, just made my day :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 4:47 AM
This is perfect for builders, or a quick load for modeling saves!!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#45 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 4:51 PM
This is perfect for gamers (like myself) that doesn't play the game very much, but likes to create now and then Perfect for making custom houses and share them as the loading time will be lot less than usual.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 1:26 AM
Thank you, this is perfect for when I get the build bug!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 6:36 PM
I've always thought of doing something like that but it is a lot better when someone does it for you so brilliantly! Thank you!
Test Subject
#48 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 8:48 PM
This is a great world to build in. I was wondering if you were going to revise it to add coastal lot creation? I've never been able to get the hang of CAW myself.

Thanks again
Test Subject
#49 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 12:46 AM
This neighborhood sure made my life a lot easier. No more endless loading times! However, I'm having a problem with basements (the ones built with a foundation, not the basement tool) being flooded with sea water.

^ That's a two level basement. Sims could swim in it if only they weren't too stupid to figure out they can jump into the water from the floor above. One level basements have ankle-deep water. It's quite a realistic flooded basement, actually, but I'd like to know if there's fix for this before it ruins my digital furniture Also, the water causes some routing issues when I try to direct my test sim into the basement, which makes it a bit more complicated to test the house while I'm building it. Is anyone else also having this problem and / or does anyone know how to solve it? Any help would be appreciated.
Screenshots
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 8:23 AM
I'm aware of this issue, but thanks for pictures anyways.

My best guess is, that EA did something to waterlevels after making ocean swimmable. As the world is so old, I'm not going to fix it anymore, so unfortunately you can only build without basements on it anymore.
Page 2 of 3