Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 online pharmacy control script, pills, and cabinets

by lenglel Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 6:51 AM - Updated 5th May 2014 at 11:08 PM by lenglel : adding tiptorial and example pillbottle with self contained script.

157 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 8:37 AM
It may just be my sleep-depravity, but your description of the pills' effects is unclear to me.
Am I getting this right?
Sim takes a pill and their hunger bar is filled more slowly by food? At the same time, energy is replenished by the food (in the amount that it would normally increase the hunger bar?).
Also, how long does the effect of "take one" last? 24 sim hours?

Seems like a cool idea, though. Just needs a bit of clarification. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 9:20 AM
Haha, no other idea like it! Indeed :P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 10:00 AM
The description is kind of confusing, but the idea is pretty cool.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 12:45 PM
works well, thankyou
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 3:36 PM Last edited by Shanna86 : 26th Sep 2011 at 4:00 PM.
Yeah I'm a bit unclear too, but very creative idea!

Edit: Tried it out, you take a pill and it will fill your energy bar while dropping your hunger bar by half. So if the hunger bar is less than half full your sim will die. Still think it's a neat idea if not a bit drastic.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 3:51 PM
Ty love this mod
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 3:55 PM
This is pioneering work!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 5:39 PM
What a cool idea!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 9:10 PM
How about a version that has some sort of negative effect (possibly just side effects like throwing up, or lowering bladder need), because this seems a little overpowered. It still is cool, though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 9:40 PM
Awesome idea!!! Thanks.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 10:34 PM
This is actually a really neat idea! I can forsee a whole series of cool senerioes from using this mod. Great for storytelling. Thanks lenglel!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 12:28 AM
Shanna86, a less drastic version is in the works.
eduardog3000, teens will barf every time they take one. Elders are prone to wetting themselves. Sometimes I still accidentally kill sims with this stuff, so remember:
Mr. Mackey says drugs are bad, m'kay? So, make sure your sim has finished eating before queuing the "take one" interaction, because once it makes it to the head of the queue it can't be cancelled.
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 1:33 PM
Download link is dead? I get a 404 error when I try to download this neat new mod!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 2:25 PM
Probably because I was editing to add a new type of pill and a storage cabinet.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 5:22 PM
So funny, hope we some new pills in the future ;D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 12:17 AM
THIS IS AWESOME! coolest object mod/scripty thingy I've dl'ed in a while. What other pills are on the way? Is there going to be maybe...a sleeping pill? a narcotic? (raises fun) I realize sims don't get diseases but maybe an anti morning sickness pill? super excited for more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 12:47 AM
Whoa, I'm almost finished with those first two, and the third one sounds like a great idea!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 2:28 PM
If only they could have an A.D.D. pill. My Sims have the world's shortest attention span haha.

----->Sleep is for people that have never played Sims<-----
----->Maybe people should actually try Sims 4 before they criticize it. It's my favorite Sims so far.<-----
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 8:50 PM
This mod is awesome, I love it, and it's making my game super interesting....thank you so much, I won't say what I really do with the pills lmao!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 11:54 PM
I've been waiting for a mod like this for AGES. Maybe I'm a little demented, but I'd love to see a wider selection with some interesting side effects... maybe some that induce moodlets and some that leave sims feeling not quite so satisfied when the effects wear off, if ya know what I mean.
Instructor
#22 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 12:48 AM
This might be a little controversial but I haven't seen any working abortion mods, so maybe a birth control pill? By the way, this is amazing.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 5:25 AM
There *is* a working abortion mod, but I forget who did it. It's not on this site, tho.
I doubt I'll do a birth control pill because it'd clash with the coding for nraas' woohooer, which is one of my favorite mods. It'll be while before I come out with any more pills, but I may make some minor adjustments to the ones I've already posted. Simnip, for example, has the sim clutching the pill bottle the whole time they're acting out, and the fun bar doesn't move at all until they're done acting silly.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 12:55 AM
I realize this may lead to all sorts of bugs, but any chances of the new actions becoming autonomous? It'd be a new way for more neurotic sims to express their.... traits.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 3:02 AM
I love this mod! Thanks for making it. I was wondering is there any way you could attach the animation take pill and that big huge pill shows up and they take it, like when they are in the medical career and they click on the interaction take experimental drug? Just a suggestion. Thanks again!
Page 1 of 7