Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 online pharmacy control script, pills, and cabinets

by lenglel Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 6:51 AM - Updated 5th May 2014 at 11:08 PM by lenglel : adding tiptorial and example pillbottle with self contained script.

157 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Instructor
#101 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 3:51 AM
First I saw your mod I almost rolled on floor. So funny! What an excellent and wicked idea of you! Big, big thanx for it.

Ps. I second the idea of pain killers. So much fun thinking of it.
Ps2. If it's not too much and whenever you have more time, may be "the pills for hangover"?
Ps3. Or may be the pills for "shy sims" to be more assertive, more outgoing.
Or the pills for "insane sims" to calm themselves, etc. LOL.

See? Your pills are so much fun to create many more storytelling for our pathetically vanilla sims!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#102 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:21 AM
How did I not know this mod existed? It'd just wonderful.
Thank you so much for this.
Pain killers which removed a 'back ache' or 'kicked' or such moodlet would be funky and practical. And if it isn't too much, and I love this mod anyways already, but the ability to get addicted would be fun. I can't imagine that's easy to do though.
The way you wrote about them all was very funny, too. xD
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 5:03 AM
Loooooooooooooool cool mood
Test Subject
#104 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 3:06 AM
Can we please get a tutorial or some information on creating custom pills?
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 1:03 AM
Could you please try to make Sims take them without being told to? Like in other families. Maybe a shop could sell them or other Sims.
Test Subject
#106 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 12:44 PM
Is this mod compatible with the 1.42 patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 8:00 AM
Are you able to please provide some guidance on creating custom pills please?

Doesn't need to be detailed, I work in IT and am pretty good at working stuff out
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#108 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 6:14 PM
Okay, I finally got my xp machine back up and running reliably for the first time since last september. Tested the pills under the latest patch. They don't work. I don't know how long it will take to fix. It took me 3 months to figure out what was wrong with my toolbox, so don't anyone hold your breath. After that I'll work on a tutorial for you dope fiends.
Test Subject
#109 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 9:33 PM
I'll be waiting for the update. c: I really love this hahahah.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#110 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 3:24 AM
Works as-is with 1.42, *but* if you have other outdated mods they can cause problems which would make it seem like this mod doesn't work. Beats me how that happens, but when I moved or updated my other mods my cabinet and pills worked like they have since I fixed the rig for the pets patch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 5:14 AM
Thanks lenglel :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#112 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 4:06 AM
Just tested with 1.47 patch. All still works as before.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 2:20 PM
Hey, quick question... I haven't used this mod for a while, but just installed it again, and noticed that my teen couldn't use the medicab or take the pills...? I seem to remember that teens used to be able to take pills, so wondering if you changed it or if I've got a conflict with something else... Adults can use them normally. I'm still on patch 1.42

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity, and still be a human.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#114 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 5:58 PM Last edited by lenglel : 13th Jan 2013 at 7:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MaiaMadness
Hey, quick question... I haven't used this mod for a while, but just installed it again, and noticed that my teen couldn't use the medicab or take the pills...? I seem to remember that teens used to be able to take pills, so wondering if you changed it or if I've got a conflict with something else... Adults can use them normally. I'm still on patch 1.42

Thanks for the feedback. I only did a quick test with an af sim. Yes, teens should be able to take them. I'll check this out and get back to you.

ETA: Just tested with a teen in sunset valley. No other mods installed. I've patched to 1.47 and the teen took the trimasim with no problems. So, it looks like a conflict with something else.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 5:12 PM Last edited by MaiaMadness : 14th Jan 2013 at 5:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lenglel
Thanks for the feedback. I only did a quick test with an af sim. Yes, teens should be able to take them. I'll check this out and get back to you.

ETA: Just tested with a teen in sunset valley. No other mods installed. I've patched to 1.47 and the teen took the trimasim with no problems. So, it looks like a conflict with something else.

Huh... Wonder what it could be conflicting with. I mostly only have a handful of NRAAS mods installed and a few object mods. I'll do some further tests in other neighbourhoods, the one I was playing in was being pretty buggy independently from anything else (anyone else have a problem with the celebrity system suddenly not working in Bridgeport?).

EDIT: Had a thought... I recently installed cmomoney's cigarette mod, which is made to work only from YA and up... I know it's just an object and not supposed to conflict with anything, but it seems like a somewhat similar mod, so maybe the no working for teens could be... crossing over somehow? It's not logical, but in my experience these things rarely are...

EDIT2: Nevermind, must have been the broken Bridgeport. Tried it out in a Sunset Valley and everything worked peachy.

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity, and still be a human.
Test Subject
#116 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 7:29 PM
wait what is Siminex? i dont understand what it does?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#117 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 5:46 PM
Siminex is the opposite of trimasim. It empties energy and fills hunger. Useful if you're tired and want your sim to go to sleep.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 7:14 AM
Hate to be a PITA, but have you had a chance to look at the tutorial? It doesn't need to be too thorough as I do understand IT and can code I just have very limited knowledge of how the mod interacts with the Sims 3.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 3:55 PM
My sim nurse ratchet runs a nut house so im gonna add this to her stuff may come in handy lol thanks!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#120 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 7:39 AM
Just tested all with patch 1.50, all worked as before.
Test Subject
#121 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 8:01 PM
Default No Pill Options.
Quote: Originally posted by lenglel
Just tested all with patch 1.50, all worked as before.

So I downloaded the pill script, the cabinet and some of the pills to go with this. When I load my game, It finds the script and in game it finds the cabinet but nowhere in my game do the the pills load, I have no option to find those. They also don't appear on when first loading either like the script.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#122 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 2:12 AM
The pills are under bathroom accents, or decor/misc. The packages for the pills themselves don't have a script resource. They all share different classes from the same script.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#123 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 6:56 PM
Yes! More ways to make my sims do bad bad things! Luv it!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#124 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 12:16 AM
I love these!
Test Subject
#125 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 9:46 PM
I'm having a problem where once I download the mod, I load up my game and it recognizes the files but once I click on one of the bottles to purchase in-game everything crashes and I get an error message. Any idea what's causing this? I only have Late Night installed.
Page 5 of 7