Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

541 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 439 Feedback Posts, 101 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 22
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 6th May 2017 at 7:14 PM
You're incredible CmarNYC! Thanks for another amazing creation!
Test Subject
#102 Old 20th May 2017 at 6:03 AM
I'm having some issues. It starts running but then i import a mesh and start it up. It's okay for a couple of seconds but then it stops responding
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#103 Old 20th May 2017 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FlowersSimFactory
I'm having some issues. It starts running but then i import a mesh and start it up. It's okay for a couple of seconds but then it stops responding

Please upload a screenshot of the program when it's not responding so I can see what you're doing. Please upload the package you're working on and the mesh you're importing. And if there's an error message please upload it as well.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#104 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 7:11 AM
hi thank you for the tool i have Problem
i moved the game from the c to h and the tool Do not find the place what i have to do i don't have space in c
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#105 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elhamgamal
hi thank you for the tool i have Problem
i moved the game from the c to h and the tool Do not find the place what i have to do i don't have space in c

Click "File / Change Setttings" and change the path.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#106 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 7:12 AM
i can't it's just show Program Files (x86) only
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#107 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by elhamgamal
i can't it's just show Program Files (x86) only

Just type or paste in the correct path.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 4:02 AM
omg i'm so stupid i'm sorry thank you for the tool 😅😅😅😍😍😍
Test Subject
#109 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 8:19 PM
Hi, how do I get the files to show up? Like can I use this to organize cc? I did not move where my sims folder is or mods.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#110 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lenopix
Hi, how do I get the files to show up? Like can I use this to organize cc? I did not move where my sims folder is or mods.

What files do you mean? Is it not finding the game files? No, you can't use it to organize CC, it's a tool for CC creation and modification.

Test Subject
#111 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 3:17 AM
http://imgur.com/a/KvFLs

I have this error when i try to open S4CASTools.exe . Need help
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#112 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leo4sims
http://imgur.com/a/KvFLs

I have this error when i try to open S4CASTools.exe . Need help

That appears to be a system error when getting the location of the game files. Is Sims 4 installed on your computer, and are you running CAS Tools with administrator privilege?

Test Subject
#113 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 10:45 PM
yes sims 4 is installed and i tried running it as admin but didnt solve the problem
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 6:11 PM
I re installed sims 4 but same problem i have. I really need this program. What can i do to make it work ?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#115 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 1:32 PM
There should be an "OK" button at the bottom of that window. Click that and the "OK" in the next window. CAS Tools should start. Then go to 'File / Change Settings' and type or paste in the path to your Sims 4 installation folder and user folder. There are examples in that window. See if that works.

Test Subject
#116 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 9:41 PM
When i click ok, window closes and nothing happens
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#117 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leo4sims
When i click ok, window closes and nothing happens

Please try the version of CAS Tools attached below.

I can't make this happen on my computer so I'm just guessing at this point. I've seen this failure happen on a computer that doesn't have the game installed but that's the only time.

What's the operating system on your computer?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4CASTools_2_6_0_1.zip (4.38 MB, 46 downloads)

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#118 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 6:52 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 1:45 PM
This is one cool program, thanks for your efforts making it, its allowed me to do some fun stuff
I don't suppose there's an easy way to use this to replace default outfits, Ideally I'd like to replace all the tanktops with CC bikinis but the only way I can see is to export the meshes/textures from the CC packages then import them into the cloned replacer, mind numbingly slow to do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#120 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Halstrom
This is one cool program, thanks for your efforts making it, its allowed me to do some fun stuff
I don't suppose there's an easy way to use this to replace default outfits, Ideally I'd like to replace all the tanktops with CC bikinis but the only way I can see is to export the meshes/textures from the CC packages then import them into the cloned replacer, mind numbingly slow to do.

You could use s4pe to change the CC CASP instance IDs to the EA ids. Each CC top would then replace one EA top.

Test Subject
#121 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 1:35 AM Last edited by Halstrom : 20th Oct 2017 at 10:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You could use s4pe to change the CC CASP instance IDs to the EA ids. Each CC top would then replace one EA top.

Oh cool idea, I didn't think of trying something so simple
I notice this tool allows us to attach skill > programming, mood > confident, persona > rocker etc to outfits, Are they supposed to do so in game or is there a slider or something I'm missing to set values?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#122 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:21 AM
You mean that s4pe lets you attach those tag/value pairs to clothing? I haven't seen those categories of tags used for clothing in the EA CASPs and suspect they would be ignored, but it never hurts to experiment.

Test Subject
#123 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 9:01 AM Last edited by Halstrom : 21st Oct 2017 at 10:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You mean that s4pe lets you attach those tag/value pairs to clothing? I haven't seen those categories of tags used for clothing in the EA CASPs and suspect they would be ignored, but it never hurts to experiment.

I don't know about S4PE but S4CAS Tools does allow extra tags.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#124 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 1:43 AM
You're right - clearly I have seen those flags but forgot. Where's the embarrassed icon when I need it? :D

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:44 AM
hello but with the new update it does not work anymore this is no lai a new ???
Page 5 of 22