Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1991 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1880 Feedback Posts, 110 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 80
Test Subject
#26 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by instantmagic
Thanks for that! So useful.
And on a personal note: I hope you get time to make some new male and female private parts with rig for WW I really miss those from S3 days. Yours were the best in texture and color-wise.

I'd like to second that hope. And thanks for all your hard work, this included.
Test Subject
#27 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You should get an error message with two buttons: Retry and Cancel. Clicking the Retry button should get you the settings window where you can change the path. (The word 'retry' is confusing and I'll change that.) Cancel will exit the program.

If you're seeing something else, please post a screen grab.

Here's what i get when i try to open the program:

Tbh i don't even know how I managed to screw it up i feel very dumb
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sismik
Here's what i get when i try to open the program:

Tbh i don't even know how I managed to screw it up i feel very dumb

Okay, I see it now - the path is valid but no packages are found. This is a bug since it just silently crashes. And it would affect anyone who has no CC.

I've made a new version with this corrected - please download and try it and let me know.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4SimRipper_1_7_1_0.zip (2.27 MB, 124 downloads)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 3:50 AM
Okay, I see it now - the path is valid but no packages are found. This is a bug since it just silently crashes. And it would affect anyone who has no CC.

I've made a new version with this corrected - please download and try it and let me know.

Thanks for the Programm, that's a Wonderful idea
First i am from Germany, so i must look up for the right path (not automactically detected),
second i got horrible Pictures, see attached file
https://www.directupload.net/file/d...4yxf5pu_png.htm
Test Subject
#30 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 10:04 AM
I get a error saying: Can't find CASP. with different codes after it. i also installed the game on a different drive and can't change it from C: drive, so i set it manually by copying the path and paste it in the box.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#31 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 1:18 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 8th Dec 2019 at 1:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by 21073HH
Thanks for the Programm, that's a Wonderful idea
First i am from Germany, so i must look up for the right path (not automactically detected),
second i got horrible Pictures, see attached file
https://www.directupload.net/file/d...4yxf5pu_png.htm

Your paths should be detected from the registry no matter what language you're using, so I don't know what's going wrong there. Maybe you moved the folder after installation? Although then the game wouldn't be able to find them either.

I don't know what's causing that sim explosion. Is it happening with all sims? Looking at the picture, the sim's head, hair, and feet seem fine, so the problem is probably with the top and/or bottom she's wearing. Maybe you'd be able to see exactly which part is exploding better than I can from one picture. Once you decide which part it is, please tell me what it is and if it's CC where to get it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#32 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ygerna2
I get a error saying: Can't find CASP. with different codes after it. i also installed the game on a different drive and can't change it from C: drive, so i set it manually by copying the path and paste it in the box.

That error is telling you it can't find a CASP - the file that defines an item of clothing, hair, accessories, etc. This may be an item that's actually missing because you removed some CC or whatever, or the tool may still not be finding your mods folder.

Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 2:25 PM
That error is telling you it can't find a CASP - the file that defines an item of clothing, hair, accessories, etc. This may be an item that's actually missing because you removed some CC or whatever, or the tool may still not be finding your mods folder.

Weird. I do have the Documents folder symbolic linked to my other drive D since my C drive is almost full. Maybe that somehow interferes? I tried to export EA sims no custom content but same problem. I also have the same problem that sims look all deformed. Thanks for the reply by the way!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 2:35 PM
Weird. I do have the Documents folder symbolic linked to my other drive D since my C drive is almost full. Maybe that somehow interferes? I tried to export EA sims no custom content but same problem. I also have the same problem that sims look all deformed. Thanks for the reply by the way!

Well, the tool has to be able to find your mods folder, so you could double-check that the user path in the settings is pointed to the actual location where your mods folder is. (I'm not sure what you mean by 'symbolic linked' above.)

I've tried putting an incorrect path to my user folder and don't get exploding sims, just missing CASPs. Weird. Does the distortion happen with all sims? Are you using any default replacements?

Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 3:16 PM Last edited by Ygerna2 : 8th Dec 2019 at 3:29 PM.
Well, the tool has to be able to find your mods folder, so you could double-check that the user path in the settings is pointed to the actual location where your mods folder is. (I'm not sure what you mean by 'symbolic linked' above.)

I've tried putting an incorrect path to my user folder and don't get exploding sims, just missing CASPs. Weird. Does the distortion happen with all sims? Are you using any default replacements?

Yep it happens with all sims. I moved all my CC out of the Documents folder and still the distortion happens. I don't use any default replacement in CAS so far I know. Even if I move all my CC the CASP error still gives. It's strange because it's original game files and Sims 4 itself works fine. (oh and symbolic link means that you trick your system to think that the folder is still on C drive but it's a shortcut to a different drive so that The Sims 4 thinks it's still on drive C with the help of Cmd. It's good for if your C drive is almost full)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#36 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 4:14 PM
Yep it happens with all sims. I moved all my CC out of the Documents folder and still the distortion happens. I don't use any default replacement in CAS so far I know. Even if I move all my CC the CASP error still gives. It's strange because it's original game files and Sims 4 itself works fine. (oh and symbolic link means that you trick your system to think that the folder is still on C drive but it's a shortcut to a different drive so that The Sims 4 thinks it's still on drive C with the help of Cmd. It's good for if your C drive is almost full)

Very strange. Is your game patched up to date? EA has changed some of the ways it implements DMap morphs over time and that's the only thing I can think of.

Yes, I've heard of symbolic links but wasn't sure that's what you meant. I don't know if SimRipper correctly follows a symbolic link, but IMO it should. Doesn't seem to be related to exploding sims though.

Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 4:32 PM
Very strange. Is your game patched up to date? EA has changed some of the ways it implements DMap morphs over time and that's the only thing I can think of.

Yes, I've heard of symbolic links but wasn't sure that's what you meant. I don't know if SimRipper correctly follows a symbolic link, but IMO it should. Doesn't seem to be related to exploding sims though.

Game is updated to 1.58.69.1010. About the CASP error... It gives me a few error messages but it loads the Sim model after so for now it's not a big deal. Only the Sim models look like they are exploding. Even with all CC out of the way, it still occurs. I used version 1_7_0_0 of the SimRipper at first and I also had the issue that it couldn't read the packages and with the 1_7_1_0 SimRipper u posted in the comments it still can't read the packages. It's weird that Sims does read them and it works but the program somehow can't...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#38 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 6:23 PM
Game is updated to 1.58.69.1010. About the CASP error... It gives me a few error messages but it loads the Sim model after so for now it's not a big deal. Only the Sim models look like they are exploding. Even with all CC out of the way, it still occurs. I used version 1_7_0_0 of the SimRipper at first and I also had the issue that it couldn't read the packages and with the 1_7_1_0 SimRipper u posted in the comments it still can't read the packages. It's weird that Sims does read them and it works but the program somehow can't...

Could you do me a favor and upload one of your game save files that this is happening with? Is your game installed with English language, and if not which language is it?

Test Subject
#39 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 7:02 PM
Could you do me a favor and upload one of your game save files that this is happening with? Is your game installed with English language, and if not which language is it?

It happens with all my save files. I will upload a save file tomorrow then I have more time. My language for Sims 4 is Dutch. I will try starting a CC clean save maybe that might solve the problem or something...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#40 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 7:44 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 8th Dec 2019 at 8:36 PM.
It happens with all my save files. I will upload a save file tomorrow then I have more time. My language for Sims 4 is Dutch. I will try starting a CC clean save maybe that might solve the problem or something...

So both reports of exploding sims are from non-English games. Both German and Dutch (and other languages) floating numbers use , as the decimal separator instead of the . in English. That's a difference that's tripped me up several times. I'm just wondering if a language/culture difference in the formatting of numbers is causing this, and might be able to tell with a save game file. You're both also having path problems which might or might not have something to do with it.

Edit: Instead of uploading a save game, you could try the attached new versions which adjust for the game language's number format. They handle it different ways so please try both and let me know if one of them works.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4SimRipper_1_7_2_0.zip (2.27 MB, 35 downloads)
File Type: zip  TS4SimRipper_1_7_3_0.zip (2.27 MB, 44 downloads)

Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 9:09 PM
OMG IT WORKS NO MORE EXPLODING SIMS! Finally that problem is fixed. good work! Now the can't read custom content packages still remains. I do notice that when I start SimRipper, it gives a error about certain packages. It shows that it can't read that certain package file and when I move that package file away and start the program again, the package file changes. It's clothing, poses, build, etc CC packages. Hope this helps!
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#42 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 1:38 AM
OMG IT WORKS NO MORE EXPLODING SIMS! Finally that problem is fixed. good work! Now the can't read custom content packages still remains. I do notice that when I start SimRipper, it gives a error about certain packages. It shows that it can't read that certain package file and when I move that package file away and start the program again, the package file changes. It's clothing, poses, build, etc CC packages. Hope this helps!

Great! I assume it's version 1.7.2 that works?

Could you upload a package it says it can't read? Although if it's not reading anything in your mods folder it's obviously not a defective package. Strange.

Test Subject
#43 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 7:50 AM Last edited by 21073HH : 9th Dec 2019 at 8:10 AM.
Thank you ...
With Version 1.7.3 it's work for me (german language)
Both Version work for me, also 1.7.2
Question, is it possible to enlarge the marked area?
See attached Picture
https://www.directupload.net/file/d...3g8esk5_png.htm
Thanks
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 11:36 AM
First of all thank you so much for creating this program. However I can't seem to get the program started. I always get a error saying it can't find the installation location of Sims 4 / and/or the documents folder eventhough the paths are 100% right. Any ideas on why this is happening?

My TS4CC can be found here https://pw-creations.tumblr.com/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#45 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 21073HH
Thank you ...
With Version 1.7.3 it's work for me (german language)
Both Version work for me, also 1.7.2
Question, is it possible to enlarge the marked area?
See attached Picture
https://www.directupload.net/file/d...3g8esk5_png.htm
Thanks

I'm surprised that both 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 work since they do different things. I'd really like to see a save game file from a country that uses a comma instead of a period for decimals so I have a better idea of what I'm doing.

You mean enlarge the CAS parts listing so it doesn't wrap? There's no room, but I can do something to display it in a larger pop up.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#46 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jengelbart
First of all thank you so much for creating this program. However I can't seem to get the program started. I always get a error saying it can't find the installation location of Sims 4 / and/or the documents folder eventhough the paths are 100% right. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Sorry, no ideas. Could you post a screen grab of your settings window, and the error message window or the text of the message?

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 11:47 AM Last edited by jengelbart : 9th Dec 2019 at 12:04 PM.
What do you mean by settings window?

That's the error message

Edit: I think I fixed it by using 1.7.2.0 instead of 1.7.3.0
Now it loads up and even with CC included.

My TS4CC can be found here https://pw-creations.tumblr.com/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#48 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jengelbart
What do you mean by settings window?

That's the error message

Edit: I think I fixed it by using 1.7.2.0 instead of 1.7.3.0
Now it loads up and even with CC included.

You get the settings window by clicking 'Setup' at the top of the tool window, it's where you can set your file paths.

I don't know what the problem was, but glad it's working now!

Lab Assistant
#49 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 1:46 PM
I need help, I have downloaded the two packages in MTSims, but I don't know what to do, or if they have to be placed in a specific place. I guess I'm awkward or because I don't understand English, it's harder for me.

The most I get is that window and I don't know what to do next.

I'm desperate, to be so close and not able to put this into operation

Mini TUtorial Please!!!

*}·SeluXereZ·{*
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#50 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SeluXereZ
I need help, I have downloaded the two packages in MTSims, but I don't know what to do, or if they have to be placed in a specific place. I guess I'm awkward or because I don't understand English, it's harder for me.

The most I get is that window and I don't know what to do next.

I'm desperate, to be so close and not able to put this into operation

Mini TUtorial Please!!!

Something's going wrong with path finding in non-English installations of the game, and I have a guess but will have to look at it and see if the program needs to be updated again.

Page 2 of 80