Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1991 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1880 Feedback Posts, 110 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 80
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#76 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sismik
Hello! Thanks for your hard work. Sorry for the response delay, busy day, timezones...

Anyway, my path is:
C:\Utilisateurs\stati\Documents\Electronic Arts\Les Sims 4

Also, I tried the last version (1.76), and the program seems to have problems with skin overlays, and mermaids, because on some versions they appear as mermaids and other versions as humans.

your contribution truely is incredible tho, i can't wait to print some of my sims haha

That path seems standard enough, but maybe some accent marks or whatever got lost in the, errr, translation?

I'll check out the mermaids.

And thank you so much! I try.
Could you give me an example of a skin overlay that's not working?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#77 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Azmodan22
Ok, I did some more tests, and One my Sims (in the same household for crying out loud) Did export in DAE succesfully. So the problem is possible cc related. It it not a Skin, 'caus I completely removed my skins folder and still she can't be exported. Could be the cc hair? because they have transparency layers?

In my computer I have changed a hell of a lot of thing a couple of days ago. Due to a virus attack around early2013, The Windows Update service was removed. I replaced it on the 6th of the month and saw that my systme was not updates since December 2012 !!!
So, yea...that 2Gig on Windows updates

**It's not the hair. Tested it

I'm sure it's something that makes absolutely no sense, lol. Please let me know if you track down CC that's causing the problem, and I'll re-examine my code and work on converting to DAE from MS3D.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#78 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'm sure it's something that makes absolutely no sense, lol. Please let me know if you track down CC that's causing the problem, and I'll re-examine my code and work on converting to DAE from MS3D.

I got some more Intel
The 2 sims that fail to export have a cc in common. In Simripper the cc's name is "Ms Blue_yuSkinDetail_CreaseForehead_201507081546135781", But a file with or similar name does not exist in my mods folder.
Trying to hunt it down I found that I had 2 skins in two different folders, when I removed the skins folder, those two were still in there, just in another folder.
Those two are "MsBlue_SkintoneSetV2.package" and "MsBlue_SkintoneSetV3.Packge". Now I removed the duplicate, and removed those 2 from my Skins folder.
Without those two SimRipper comes up with an error Before loading the sim in preview.
Do you want me to attach those packages?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#79 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 8:53 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 11th Dec 2019 at 12:50 AM.
I got some more Intel
The 2 sims that fail to export have a cc in common. In Simripper the cc's name is "Ms Blue_yuSkinDetail_CreaseForehead_201507081546135781", But a file with or similar name does not exist in my mods folder.
Trying to hunt it down I found that I had 2 skins in two different folders, when I removed the skins folder, those two were still in there, just in another folder.
Those two are "MsBlue_SkintoneSetV2.package" and "MsBlue_SkintoneSetV3.Packge". Now I removed the duplicate, and removed those 2 from my Skins folder.
Without those two SimRipper comes up with an error Before loading the sim in preview.
Do you want me to attach those packages?

Good detective work! I can download the skin sets myself, in fact I think I have one of them around somewhere. That error message is probably because SimRipper can't find the skin tone. Thanks!

Edit: I can't find the specific part you mentioned. I did test with the two Ms Blue skintone sets, both one copy each and duplicated, and with a couple of her other skin overlays, with no problems. So.... I'm attaching yet another testing version. In this one, after the sim is displayed you can click the area with the listing of CAS parts and you'll get a popup with the list including the package each one came from. That way, you should be able to track down the specific package and upload it or tell me where to download it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4SimRipper_1_7_7_0.zip (2.27 MB, 38 downloads)

Test Subject
#80 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 5:59 PM
Good detective work! I can download the skin sets myself, in fact I think I have one of them around somewhere. That error message is probably because SimRipper can't find the skin tone. Thanks!

Edit: I can't find the specific part you mentioned. I did test with the two Ms Blue skintone sets, both one copy each and duplicated, and with a couple of her other skin overlays, with no problems. So.... I'm attaching yet another testing version. In this one, after the sim is displayed you can click the area with the listing of CAS parts and you'll get a popup with the list including the package each one came from. That way, you should be able to track down the specific package and upload it or tell me where to download it.

Thanks !!!
That feature helps a lot.
Unfortunately, I did not manage to identify the cc that is causing the error. I removed all the skin related cc (skin, eyecolors, makeup, eybrow etc.) and that Sim will still fail to export. So maybe is is not skin related? If it is clothing, I am scrued cause that sim has 5 outfits in every category (witch the application does not show by the way, but minor issue).

I did also found something strange.
I posted yesterday that I thought that the MsBlue_SkintoneSetV2 and/or MsBlue_SkintoneSetV3 where causing the problem. But when I remove them, the sim fails to even load. I get a message Skin TONE missing and after a while the application gets an error. I tested it again and I can confirm that.
Well the strang thing is, that that sim does not use any of those skintones. She uses MsBlue_LunaSkin, and an overide I have made for that. So why does the app "crash"? If I remove MsBlue_LunaSkin and my overide the sims still loads. Just fails to export.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#81 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 8:40 PM
Thanks !!!
That feature helps a lot.
Unfortunately, I did not manage to identify the cc that is causing the error. I removed all the skin related cc (skin, eyecolors, makeup, eybrow etc.) and that Sim will still fail to export. So maybe is is not skin related? If it is clothing, I am scrued cause that sim has 5 outfits in every category (witch the application does not show by the way, but minor issue).

I did also found something strange.
I posted yesterday that I thought that the MsBlue_SkintoneSetV2 and/or MsBlue_SkintoneSetV3 where causing the problem. But when I remove them, the sim fails to even load. I get a message Skin TONE missing and after a while the application gets an error. I tested it again and I can confirm that.
Well the strang thing is, that that sim does not use any of those skintones. She uses MsBlue_LunaSkin, and an overide I have made for that. So why does the app "crash"? If I remove MsBlue_LunaSkin and my overide the sims still loads. Just fails to export.

I agree that it's very unlikely that skins are causing the problem, also because they don't have a mesh and this seems mesh related. Anything's possible, though, I've seen stranger conflicts.

If you click on the Outfit dropdown on the right, below the save buttons, you can select which outfit you want to load. Only the current selected outfit is loaded and used when saving the mesh and textures so you might want to experiment with your sim's different outfits to see if some save and some don't, and see which parts are being used in both cases.

And you guessed it: another test version! I've added a little more mesh processing since it's possible a mesh that doesn't have valid normals or bone assignments might be causing this. And more complete error and data display. Maybe it'll help.

The listing can help you double-check that your sim is really using the LunaSkin. (I find it hard to tell what I'm picking in the skin tone picker if I have a lot of CC tones in there.) And I fixed the crashing if the skintone is missing - the sim will have gray skin but will load and save.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4SimRipper_1_7_8_0.zip (2.27 MB, 35 downloads)

Test Subject
#82 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 5:46 PM
I agree that it's very unlikely that skins are causing the problem, also because they don't have a mesh and this seems mesh related. Anything's possible, though, I've seen stranger conflicts.

If you click on the Outfit dropdown on the right, below the save buttons, you can select which outfit you want to load. Only the current selected outfit is loaded and used when saving the mesh and textures so you might want to experiment with your sim's different outfits to see if some save and some don't, and see which parts are being used in both cases.

And you guessed it: another test version! I've added a little more mesh processing since it's possible a mesh that doesn't have valid normals or bone assignments might be causing this. And more complete error and data display. Maybe it'll help.

The listing can help you double-check that your sim is really using the LunaSkin. (I find it hard to tell what I'm picking in the skin tone picker if I have a lot of CC tones in there.) And I fixed the crashing if the skintone is missing - the sim will have gray skin but will load and save.

Very nice upadate !!
On the testing front, I am starting to believe that the issue might have never been a mesh problem either. You see, all the extraction test that I do, I do them in the nude outfit. So if it is only loading that outfit, it doesn't load any meshes.
I also tryed removing the skin now that the app can ignore it, and indded the sim was grey. But still she failed to be extracted. I will test some more to see if I can figure something out.
I also saved those 2 sims in my lybrary and added them in another hosehold but still no success. Could be a saves file problems? Anything else that could make certain sims "stuck" and fail to extract?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#83 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 6:05 PM
Very nice upadate !!
On the testing front, I am starting to believe that the issue might have never been a mesh problem either. You see, all the extraction test that I do, I do them in the nude outfit. So if it is only loading that outfit, it doesn't load any meshes.
I also tryed removing the skin now that the app can ignore it, and indded the sim was grey. But still she failed to be extracted. I will test some more to see if I can figure something out.
I also saved those 2 sims in my lybrary and added them in another hosehold but still no success. Could be a saves file problems? Anything else that could make certain sims "stuck" and fail to extract?

The nude outfit is an outfit like any other, it just uses meshes that look like the nude body, so there's nothing inherently special about it. Do the sims fail to save in other outfits? If not, it could be a default replacement mesh for the nude body.

As for whether it could be certain sims that have some kind of corrupted data, it's possible but I kind of doubt it. But I'm only guessing at this point.

Test Subject
#84 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 6:46 PM Last edited by Azmodan22 : 12th Dec 2019 at 8:14 PM.
The nude outfit is an outfit like any other, it just uses meshes that look like the nude body, so there's nothing inherently special about it. Do the sims fail to save in other outfits? If not, it could be a default replacement mesh for the nude body.

As for whether it could be certain sims that have some kind of corrupted data, it's possible but I kind of doubt it. But I'm only guessing at this point.

I had your Nude in CAS Patched body replacements for the female, and now I switched to Better Body. Doesn't seem to make any difference.
Other outfis of those 2 sims fail to extract as well. I will try to Paste their appearence with MCCC on another sims and see if that changes anything

Aaand SUCCESS !!!

I created two new sims in another Houshold and used MCCC to paste their appearance, name clothing and personality. Those 2 new sims where successfully extrated to DAE.
So, althought the original two remain Stuck, their clones work fine !

Wich also confirms that the issue is propably not cc related, its simple those 2 sims that have an issue.

Thank you veeeeery much for being so patient with me :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#85 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 9:20 PM
I had your Nude in CAS Patched body replacements for the female, and now I switched to Better Body. Doesn't seem to make any difference.
Other outfis of those 2 sims fail to extract as well. I will try to Paste their appearence with MCCC on another sims and see if that changes anything

Aaand SUCCESS !!!

I created two new sims in another Houshold and used MCCC to paste their appearance, name clothing and personality. Those 2 new sims where successfully extrated to DAE.
So, althought the original two remain Stuck, their clones work fine !

Wich also confirms that the issue is propably not cc related, its simple those 2 sims that have an issue.

Thank you veeeeery much for being so patient with me :D

Fantastic! Well, it doesn't answer the question of what's going on with those two sims, but I'm glad you can get what you need with the clones. And thank YOU for taking the time to go back and forth with me - I welcome the feedback and info that helps me improve the tool.

Test Subject
#86 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 9:37 PM
Okay, so

For the issue with the program not finding my files, the only way to make it work with the french version of the sims is to use the english folder and put a copy of the mods in it.

For the personnal issues i still encounter on the last version:

The sim that appears yellow should be green thanks to the skin overlay. I'm guessing it doesn't fully understand these kinds of cc?

Secondly, the mermaids. The issue doesn't apply to all of them. As you can see in the picture, the white mermaid appears as a mermaid and only has these clothing options available (changing clothes doesn't make the mermaid tail go away), where my second mermaid sim appears as a human sim, but i can't select his mermaid form.

An issue that I don't get anymore tho is random errors telling my that my sim can't be loaded for some reasons, so that's great.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#87 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 12:27 AM
Okay, so

For the issue with the program not finding my files, the only way to make it work with the french version of the sims is to use the english folder and put a copy of the mods in it.

For the personnal issues i still encounter on the last version:

The sim that appears yellow should be green thanks to the skin overlay. I'm guessing it doesn't fully understand these kinds of cc?

Secondly, the mermaids. The issue doesn't apply to all of them. As you can see in the picture, the white mermaid appears as a mermaid and only has these clothing options available (changing clothes doesn't make the mermaid tail go away), where my second mermaid sim appears as a human sim, but i can't select his mermaid form.

An issue that I don't get anymore tho is random errors telling my that my sim can't be loaded for some reasons, so that's great.

Not sure what's up with the French path not working, but at least you have a useable workaround.

I think you forgot the picture. Doesn't matter since I've been working on occult forms and now know why this is happening to your mermaids.

The game saves the sim with data for his/her current form, so if the sim was in human form they'll show up in the tool as human, if saved in Mermaid form they show up as a mermaid. Then for sims with an occult state there's another whole set of data for his/her human form and any additional forms, with the full set of morphs and outfits. The next version of SimRipper will let you choose the occult state in addition to choosing the outfit. That's working well and I hope to upload the new version in the next few days.

What kind of overlay is it that's not working correctly? If it's an overlay in a skintone, I haven't included those yet and this is a good reminder. If it's a skin details overlay it should work, and I'd like to see it if you can upload or link it.

Test Subject
#88 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 3:15 PM
Hey! I did try to attach pictures but my dumb face forgot to upload them...
The skin overlay is indeed a skin detail overlay.
here is the link:

https://arch129sims.tumblr.com/post...hlighted_post=1

I tried saving the sim anyway but it looks yellow even on the texture generated.
I hope you'll be able to figure it out !

Can't wait to try your next version!
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#89 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 9:51 PM
Hey! I did try to attach pictures but my dumb face forgot to upload them...
The skin overlay is indeed a skin detail overlay.
here is the link:

https://arch129sims.tumblr.com/post...hlighted_post=1

I tried saving the sim anyway but it looks yellow even on the texture generated.
I hope you'll be able to figure it out !

Can't wait to try your next version!

Thanks! This is caused by my using the wrong method of blending the overlay with the skin - some skin details like the forehead crease are grayscale and have to be blended differently and I did that with freckles too. Will be fixed in the next version.

Test Subject
#90 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 10:39 AM
Overlays in the tattoo section also come out grayscale
Test Subject
#91 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 2:03 PM
Hello! I have 2 questions)
1) can the program shows cc skins with composition method 0? (it's in freckles section)
2) сan it export HQ texture without compressing? In original dimension
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#92 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 2:47 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 14th Dec 2019 at 3:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by dobro
Hello! I have 2 questions)
1) can the program shows cc skins with composition method 0? (it's in freckles section)
2) сan it export HQ texture without compressing? In original dimension

1) As far as I know. Are you having a problem with a cc skin?
2) Not yet but eventually.

PS, thanks for bringing up composition method!

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#93 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexKay
Overlays in the tattoo section also come out grayscale

EA tattoos work fine. Please upload or link me to the tattoo you're having a problem with.

Test Subject
#94 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 7:05 PM
Please excuse my ignorance. Could this program be used to bulk export sims' tray files so that I can transfer them over into another save file more easily?
Test Subject
#95 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 7:23 PM
Thanks! This is caused by my using the wrong method of blending the overlay with the skin - some skin details like the forehead crease are grayscale and have to be blended differently and I did that with freckles too. Will be fixed in the next version.

Hi,
Yea I also noticed that tonight. I have a sim that uses a skin ang a sking overlay, and when exportd I can see details of both them. For example she has 2 bellybuttons, one slightly higher that the other.
I also noticed something elso too. Not a big deal but I though I should let you know. All the sims I export have a shadow on one of their Left hand fingers, as if they were wearing a ring although they are not.
Test Subject
#96 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 7:55 PM
EA tattoos work fine. Please upload or link me to the tattoo you're having a problem with.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D...Wc425saJVUWOsvv
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#97 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryrythum
Please excuse my ignorance. Could this program be used to bulk export sims' tray files so that I can transfer them over into another save file more easily?

No, it only reads save game files and rips one sim at a time to a mesh and textures.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#98 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexKay
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D...Wc425saJVUWOsvv

These are classified as tattoos but don't use the EA standard blending method for tattoos which is why they don't look right. Will be fixed in the next version which will use the composition method instead of the type of overlay to decide how to blend it.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#99 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 9:33 PM
Hi,
Yea I also noticed that tonight. I have a sim that uses a skin ang a sking overlay, and when exportd I can see details of both them. For example she has 2 bellybuttons, one slightly higher that the other.
I also noticed something elso too. Not a big deal but I though I should let you know. All the sims I export have a shadow on one of their Left hand fingers, as if they were wearing a ring although they are not.

I'm not seeing a shadow with no ring on any of the sims I've exported, although the shadow of a ring can look odd on the finger in the diffuse since the texture of the ring itself is mapped elsewhere. Can you upload a mesh and texture that shows the problem, along with the listing of sim information and parts?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 15th Dec 2019 at 12:28 PM
You are a beast. Your tool is awesome.
But the rigging seems kinda off. Probably the weight for the bones, it does weird thing while having a sims animation applied on it. But that's probably fine for now.

It seems custom rigs are not added ? Do we need to modify the grannyrig to take those into account? (even if I don't know what can edit that?)

Oh and, are the source package up to date? On github ? I'd like to have a look if i can improve some things ^^

Great job tho !
Page 4 of 80