Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1991 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1880 Feedback Posts, 110 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 53 of 80
Test Subject
#1301 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
The CC bottom and shoes meshes don't have correct seam data, but the game seems to fix it on the fly. I see the same kind of thing in a few EA clothes but much smaller, and it doesn't appear on most. It'll be fixed in the next version.

Alright, thanks! I look forward to the next version of the ripper fixing this issue! :-D
Test Subject
#1302 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 12:05 AM
Hey I just wanted to say AMAZING program! So much work and effort went into this and and I love it!

I am having trouble ripping animals from any of my save files. I've done my best to troubleshoot and resolve the issue on my own. I've restarted, redownloaded, created a brand new save, turned off mods and created a new save and it works on my human sims and occults just fine but any animals it tends to freak out with a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.DisplayablePelt(PeltLayerData[] peltLayers, Image sculptOverlay)
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.GetCurrentModel(Boolean skinOnly)
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.GetCurrentModel()
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.DisplaySim(SimData sim, SimOccult occultState)
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.sims_listBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Also I downloaded the source code and it says that 'settings does not contain a definition for OverlaySortOrder' as well as 'Resources does not contain a definition for WaistFiller' I'm an aspiring programmer myself, mostly self taught in C# so it's really neat to be able to see and explore another persons code. So thank you for sharing that bit.

I'm not sure what else might be helpful. I'm more than happy to include my save file as well if that helps. This is the brand new one with no mods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2tbmc9ax...00016.save?dl=0
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1303 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by techbilt
Hey I just wanted to say AMAZING program! So much work and effort went into this and and I love it!

I am having trouble ripping animals from any of my save files. I've done my best to troubleshoot and resolve the issue on my own. I've restarted, redownloaded, created a brand new save, turned off mods and created a new save and it works on my human sims and occults just fine but any animals it tends to freak out with a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.DisplayablePelt(PeltLayerData[] peltLayers, Image sculptOverlay)
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.DisplaySim(SimData sim, SimOccult occultState)
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.sims_listBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Also I downloaded the source code and it says that 'settings does not contain a definition for OverlaySortOrder' as well as 'Resources does not contain a definition for WaistFiller' I'm an aspiring programmer myself, mostly self taught in C# so it's really neat to be able to see and explore another persons code. So thank you for sharing that bit.

I'm not sure what else might be helpful. I'm more than happy to include my save file as well if that helps. This is the brand new one with no mods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2tbmc9ax...00016.save?dl=0

This is caused by a dumb but simple error on my part. I'm going to try to get an official new version with a couple more changes uploaded soon, but meanwhile here's a corrected version. This should work for @kudoranran17 's ankles as well.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4SimRipper_3_10_2_0.zip (2.45 MB, 36 downloads)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1304 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 9:57 PM
Thanks! You're an amazing person!
Test Subject
#1305 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 11:03 PM
Default Altered facial features
Hi there! Over the last few days, I've used ripper to rip around three or four sims with no issues at all. Today, however, after attempting to rip one of my frequently played sims (who I've ripped several times before) I realized that I'm having the issue of ripper seemingly altering the nose of my sim? I'll attach some photos below to show what I'm seeing on my end.

Up until a few days ago, I hadn't used ripper for about a month or so, and because I wasn't receiving any errors, I just now had the thought to check for an update. I'm still seeing the altered facial features even after updating, so I'm not sure what the issue could be Thank you for your help in advance!
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1306 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by preshb1001
Hi there! Over the last few days, I've used ripper to rip around three or four sims with no issues at all. Today, however, after attempting to rip one of my frequently played sims (who I've ripped several times before) I realized that I'm having the issue of ripper seemingly altering the nose of my sim? I'll attach some photos below to show what I'm seeing on my end.

Up until a few days ago, I hadn't used ripper for about a month or so, and because I wasn't receiving any errors, I just now had the thought to check for an update. I'm still seeing the altered facial features even after updating, so I'm not sure what the issue could be Thank you for your help in advance!

Are you saying you suddenly got the strange shadowing around the nose using the same version of SimRipper you'd been using successfully before? Did you change anything about the sim herself? Is only one sim affected or all?

Please upload the sim troubleshooting info from version 3.10. I won't be able to look at it until after Christmas, sorry.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#1307 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 6:16 PM
Are you saying you suddenly got the strange shadowing around the nose using the same version of SimRipper you'd been using successfully before? Did you change anything about the sim herself? Is only one sim affected or all?

Please upload the sim troubleshooting info from version 3.10. I won't be able to look at it until after Christmas, sorry.

I was able to figure it out with some troubleshooting of my own! For some reason, ripper didn't like the custom nose preset I was using. I changed it and the problem was fixed. I am, however, having an issue with ripping pets? I get the error "object reference not set to an instance of an object".
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1308 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by preshb1001
I was able to figure it out with some troubleshooting of my own! For some reason, ripper didn't like the custom nose preset I was using. I changed it and the problem was fixed. I am, however, having an issue with ripping pets? I get the error "object reference not set to an instance of an object".

I'd still like to see the custom preset that's not working, to see if I can find out what the issue is.

A few comments up you can find test version 3.10.2 which has the pet problem fixed.

Test Subject
#1309 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 2:20 PM Last edited by miajoii : 24th Dec 2021 at 3:12 PM.
Default problem with opening sims ripper
So, I downloaded the sim ripper and when I open it, I get so many messages of my mods not being able to be read. Then once I click through all of them, it says it can't load the casmodifiertuning. Then i have to quit it. I don't know what's wrong with it. It also says unhandled exception has occurred which I don't know what that means. Could you help me?

at TS4SimRipper.Form1.Outfits_comboBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4420.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TS4SimRipper
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file://Mac/Home/Downloads/MTS_CmarNYC_2068420_TS4SimRipper_3_10_2_0/TS4SimRipper_3_10_2_0/TS4SimRipper.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.4400.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
s4pi.Package
Assembly Version: 2002.10.2050.28502
Win32 Version: 2002.10.2050.28502
CodeBase: file://Mac/Home/Downloads/MTS_CmarNYC_2068420_TS4SimRipper_3_10_2_0/TS4SimRipper_3_10_2_0/s4pi.Package.DLL
s4pi.Interfaces
Assembly Version: 2002.10.2049.28497
Win32 Version: 2002.10.2049.28497
CodeBase: file://Mac/Home/Downloads/MTS_CmarNYC_2068420_TS4SimRipper_3_10_2_0/TS4SimRipper_3_10_2_0/s4pi.Interfaces.DLL
s4pi.Settings
Assembly Version: 2103.7.1628.20645
Win32 Version: 2103.7.1628.20645
CodeBase: file://Mac/Home/Downloads/MTS_CmarNYC_2068420_TS4SimRipper_3_10_2_0/TS4SimRipper_3_10_2_0/s4pi.Settings.DLL
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.8.4455.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
WindowsFormsIntegration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsFormsIntegration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsFormsIntegration.dll
PresentationFramework
Win32 Version: 4.8.4455.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
System.Xaml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
PresentationFramework.Aero2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero2/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero2.dll
PresentationFramework-SystemXml
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemXml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemXml.dll
protobuf-net
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.668
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.668
CodeBase: file://Mac/Home/Downloads/MTS_CmarNYC_2068420_TS4SimRipper_3_10_2_0/TS4SimRipper_3_10_2_0/protobuf-net.DLL
DDSPanel
Assembly Version: 2002.10.2050.28504
Win32 Version: 2002.10.2050.28504
CodeBase: file://Mac/Home/Downloads/MTS_CmarNYC_2068420_TS4SimRipper_3_10_2_0/TS4SimRipper_3_10_2_0/DDSPanel.DLL
System.IO.Compression
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.dll
System.IO.Compression.FileSystem
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1310 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miajoii
So, I downloaded the sim ripper and when I open it, I get so many messages of my mods not being able to be read. Then once I click through all of them, it says it can't load the casmodifiertuning. Then i have to quit it. I don't know what's wrong with it. It also says unhandled exception has occurred which I don't know what that means. Could you help me?

You need to resolve the problems of unreadable mods and casmodifier tuning or nothing will work. Make sure you're running SimRipper from the downloaded folder with all the other content of the folder, including the casmodifiertuning package. Try making the SimRipper folder an exception in your antivirus. If that doesn't help, please upload the actual error messages you get when it can't read the mods.

Test Subject
#1311 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 5:24 PM
Default Hair has stripes
Troubleshoot File: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2885278/

Hi!Thanks for fixing the error with the ankle issue.

I am posting this on a different issue, it appears this sim's hair has stripes as shown in the pic below (this happen in the old version of s4 ripper and the latest version):

I thought mayb the shadow of the hair is causing the problem, so I headed over to delete it. But then there was no shadow in the hair use. In the game however it looks fine.
Test Subject
#1312 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 5:26 PM
You need to resolve the problems of unreadable mods and casmodifier tuning or nothing will work. Make sure you're running SimRipper from the downloaded folder with all the other content of the folder, including the casmodifiertuning package. Try making the SimRipper folder an exception in your antivirus. If that doesn't help, please upload the actual error messages you get when it can't read the mods.

How do i resolve the problems with the unreadable mods? do i remove them out of my mods folder? i also checked the file and everything is in it including the casmodifier.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1313 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kudoranran17
Troubleshoot File: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2885278/

Hi!Thanks for fixing the error with the ankle issue.

I am posting this on a different issue, it appears this sim's hair has stripes as shown in the pic below (this happen in the old version of s4 ripper and the latest version):

I thought mayb the shadow of the hair is causing the problem, so I headed over to delete it. But then there was no shadow in the hair use. In the game however it looks fine.

Please upload the sim troubleshooting info.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1314 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 8:42 PM
How do i resolve the problems with the unreadable mods? do i remove them out of my mods folder? i also checked the file and everything is in it including the casmodifier.

Then it could be your antivirus as I said. It sounds like SimRipper is being blocked from opening or reading packages.

Test Subject
#1315 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 11:29 PM
Then it could be your antivirus as I said. It sounds like SimRipper is being blocked from opening or reading packages.

Is there anyway for me to ublock it? i dont have an anitvirus on my computer.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1316 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 2:57 AM
Is there anyway for me to ublock it? i dont have an anitvirus on my computer.

You can try this: https://thegeekpage.com/unblock-a-f...-by-windows-10/

If that doesn't help I don't know what's causing it.

Are all your mod packages affected or only some? What operating system are you using?

Test Subject
#1317 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 3:56 AM
Please upload the sim troubleshooting info.

Here is the file, I posted it together with the previous forum, but I ain’t sure why you can’t see it. Here you go ????: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2885278/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1318 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 4:17 AM
Here is the file, I posted it together with the previous forum, but I ain’t sure why you can’t see it. Here you go ????: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2885278/

Sorry, didn't see the link before.

Test Subject
#1319 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 5:04 AM

It's ok
Test Subject
#1320 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 5:50 PM

Let me know if you figured out the issue. Thanks. Also, merry Christmas.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1321 Old 26th Dec 2021 at 1:18 PM
Let me know if you figured out the issue. Thanks. Also, merry Christmas.

Thank you and Happy Holidays to you too!

It looks fine in SimRipper so I think you only see that stripe effect in Blender? I don't know Blender well enough to duplicate the problem but if you explain exactly what you do step by step to get that appearance I can try. Anyway this looks like a problem in rendering rather than in Ripper itself.

Have you tried the other mesh/texture options? (Single mesh/texture vs solid and glass) In some cases with alpha hair or accessories it makes a difference, maybe depending on how the hair is constructed.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#1322 Old 26th Dec 2021 at 4:39 PM

It looks fine in SimRipper so I think you only see that stripe effect in Blender? I don't know Blender well enough to duplicate the problem but if you explain exactly what you do step by step to get that appearance I can try. Anyway this looks like a problem in rendering rather than in Ripper itself.

Have you tried the other mesh/texture options? (Single mesh/texture vs solid and glass) In some cases with alpha hair or accessories it makes a difference, maybe depending on how the hair is constructed.

Hi, so this is what i did to the shader, then I set the shader to cycles and thus, the lines on the hair.

Test Subject
#1323 Old 26th Dec 2021 at 4:49 PM

I did try other options u mentioned, but the result remains the same.
Test Subject
#1324 Old 26th Dec 2021 at 4:51 PM

The settings in the picture is how i set the shader for the hair to appear as it usually is.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1325 Old 26th Dec 2021 at 6:25 PM
The settings in the picture is how i set the shader for the hair to appear as it usually is.

Sorry, but shaders and rendering options is way beyond my skills in Blender. I can't help you with this.

Page 53 of 80