Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1991 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1880 Feedback Posts, 110 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 80
Test Subject
#151 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Okay, I finally was able to see the dope sheet/action editor and the model at the same time. The dope sheet doesn't look like the example and I don't see any way to play the animation.

Edit: Success! Turns out I exported a clip the wrong way in the also confusing S4S interface and got a blank. Still doesn't seem to be any way to play the animation but I can scrub the timeline or dopesheet or whatever it's called.

You can switch to action editor from the dope sheet tab. The play button is where the time line is. The space bar can help you search.
Make sure the rig is in pose mode, and not object mode.

I'll send you this blend file with the walk cycle
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  a_CAS_loco_walk_feminine_medium.rar (1.45 MB, 13 downloads)
Test Subject
#152 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by winter-soldier
Hello! so i tried to do this today but failed. I did everything you said but my models still have no texture. I added the diffuse map but nothing changed. Is it because I imported them as .obj files? thanks!

Which blender version are you using?
If it's blender 2.8, you have to do it differently. It requires you to enable the nodes on the texture first.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#153 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luvbunnyxx2
You can switch to action editor from the dope sheet tab. The play button is where the time line is. The space bar can help you search.
Make sure the rig is in pose mode, and not object mode.

I'll send you this blend file with the walk cycle

Thanks, I did figure out how to export the actual animation, that I switch animation views with the teensy button in the very bottom right corner, and that I have to switch back to timeline view to see the play buttons. Again, that's part of what I hate about Blender as a complete noob - invariably instructions and tutorials forget to tell you what view or mode you're supposed to be in and how to get into it because that's so basic, but the Blender UI is so user-hostile nothing in it is intuitive or obvious. I couldn't have done it at all without your instructions!

Anyway, progress! I thought this pic was funny - her legs are more or less right but her hands are wrong and she looks REALLY pissed off.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 8th Jan 2020 at 4:06 PM
I get a "Can't find deformermap" error twice no matter what sim I attempt to load.

https://imgur.com/a/8XTDXtN
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#155 Old 8th Jan 2020 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by InternWaffle
I get a "Can't find deformermap" error twice no matter what sim I attempt to load.

https://imgur.com/a/8XTDXtN

This means SimRipper can't find a DeformerMap that's linked in your game files - a file that defines a morph. In this case it can't find the belly size DMaps that are used for pregnancy, which the program loads whether or not the sim is actually pregnant. If those are missing something may be wrong in your game.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#156 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 2:33 PM
oh my god. What a tool. This is incredible. Thank you :O
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#157 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 9:54 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 17th Jan 2020 at 4:39 PM.
Version 1.9 uploaded. I finally found how to calculate Blender's weirdo bone tips which fixed the animations, and simglass meshes are now treated separately with separate textures suitable for transparency.

Test Subject
#158 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 3:17 PM
helloo
i'm really sorry bc i'm dumb, but.. which format do i need to open the exported sim in blender and make him uh posing?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#159 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlhenaS
helloo
i'm really sorry bc i'm dumb, but.. which format do i need to open the exported sim in blender and make him uh posing?

The Collada DAE format imports into Blender with the skeleton and bone assignment data needed for poses.

Test Subject
#160 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 7:03 PM
The Collada DAE format imports into Blender with the skeleton and bone assignment data needed for poses.

oh thank u!
but here another promblem..
it's always like that when i import dae sim...
https://funkyimg.com/i/31t9V.jpg
i'm confused :\
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#161 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlhenaS
oh thank u!
but here another promblem..
it's always like that when i import dae sim...
https://funkyimg.com/i/31t9V.jpg
i'm confused :\

I'm confused too, that doesn't look like a sim mesh. Please explain EXACTLY what you're doing to get this result, step by step in SimRipper and Blender.

Test Subject
#162 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 4:32 AM
I'm confused too, that doesn't look like a sim mesh. Please explain EXACTLY what you're doing to get this result, step by step in SimRipper and Blender.

I have the same results when importing DAE into Blender, tested on versions 2.81, 2.79 and 2.70. It appears that bones are veeery stretched out and some of them are missing (such as the three spine bones). This occurs only in Blender, while Noesis and 3DS Max 2016 can import models perfectly.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#163 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 6:57 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 19th Jan 2020 at 2:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SeriousNorbo
I have the same results when importing DAE into Blender, tested on versions 2.81, 2.79 and 2.70. It appears that bones are veeery stretched out and some of them are missing (such as the three spine bones). This occurs only in Blender, while Noesis and 3DS Max 2016 can import models perfectly.

Does this happen with all sims or only certain ones? Does it happen with sims not using any CC?

Edit: Did you try checking 'Import Units' in the Collada import options? What do you see if you make the rig invisible?

Please upload the DAE mesh you're trying to import.

Test Subject
#164 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 11:02 AM Last edited by nicosimmernico : 20th Jan 2020 at 11:51 AM.
Default Review and Texturing and Bone issues
Ok! Review Time. We've got goods and bads.
Upon start up, its a very slow one. I've had to right click and open the program in succession multiple times because it does not respond. Out of trying to "open" it over 20 times it finally opened with window. On another occasion, I tried to open it multiple times and I suddenly had 10 windows. Granted I'm giving the program 2-5 minutes in between each time I double click it open or manually right click it open. I have a high CPU and my laptop is a 64-bit so I know its not my laptop.

I've exported the model as a OBJ file. Imports perfectly in Blender 2.76. The diffused texture is perfect as well. Thank you for adding that feature. Downside is that there are no bones so I'll have to rig and weight paint the model manually BUT it might be an easy process if I pull a rig from the S4S base models. I am, though, pleasantly surprised that the eyes and teeth are there which are open for rigging. I'm thankful that her eyes weren't just flat sockets with painted eyes.

Now my problem or question comes to the DAE export. It imports well into Blender, but she has no texture and she's pure green with two bones. These two bones are her breasts and they pretty much stick out of her like nipples. Not a problem, I'll add bones later. I import the texture. Which despite everything I've tried, she's still green with the texture hiding under it. Can you please assist me in finding the problem?
Here is a picture of what I'm facing https://imgur.com/j7faFqx

All together, this is one powerful program and you, sir/mam, are a god.

EDIT
Ugh, ok so forget what I said about texture staying green. She looks fine rendered and with her material. She does have bones but they're so tiny I almost didn't see them. The only bones I saw were respectably her nips because they're big and stick out lol
But now I'm having problems even selecting her bones because they're so tiny. Any tips or ideas on how I could scale them up?

Edit...Again
Nvm. I figured it out.

No other problems with this program what so ever. THIS IS AMAZING! PURE GOLD! THANK YOU FOR THIS PROGRAM!

Edit.....LAST TIME I SWEAR
Why do they have so many targets and bones? Its pretty tough finding the bones I need. I'm sorry. I know I'm a spaz and I keep editing on my comment making it a mile long novel. For animating purposes, what would you suggest besides an IK rig. I know I need to make that and I don't want to ruin the mesh or the bones the way you have them set up upon export but there's too much going on. Sorry for bugging you.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#165 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nicosimmernico
Edit.....LAST TIME I SWEAR
Why do they have so many targets and bones? Its pretty tough finding the bones I need. I'm sorry. I know I'm a spaz and I keep editing on my comment making it a mile long novel. For animating purposes, what would you suggest besides an IK rig. I know I need to make that and I don't want to ruin the mesh or the bones the way you have them set up upon export but there's too much going on. Sorry for bugging you.

Thanks!

I have no idea why the program would be so slow to open unless your AV is blocking it.

I made the bones small in Blender to make the appearance similar to models exported from Sims 4 Studio. They're still visible, and I don't see the breast bones being so conspicuous. I export the mesh with the full set of bones in the skeleton. I could leave out the target slots etc. but I don't know enough about animation to know which ones would never be used. If someone experienced could explain it I could see what I can do. Similarly I don't know enough, especially about using Blender, to suggest anything to you.

Test Subject
#166 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 9:02 AM
Thanks!

I have no idea why the program would be so slow to open unless your AV is blocking it.

I made the bones small in Blender to make the appearance similar to models exported from Sims 4 Studio. They're still visible, and I don't see the breast bones being so conspicuous. I export the mesh with the full set of bones in the skeleton. I could leave out the target slots etc. but I don't know enough about animation to know which ones would never be used. If someone experienced could explain it I could see what I can do. Similarly I don't know enough, especially about using Blender, to suggest anything to you.

Don't worry about it. I'm not an expert at blender but I'm experienced enough to make it work lol. The more I observe the mesh and the rig, the more I'm starting to understand all these targets and how they are quite beneficial. I'm getting some crazy ideas but do not remove the targets because I really think these can work to our advantages when parenting objects. You've done an amazing job. Its perfect.
Test Subject
#167 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 9:06 AM
Yup. Don't remove the bones or change anything. Its amazing. I've been messing around with it for a while before my last reply and just now I found a neat little trick XD THANK YOU FOR THIS SOOOO MUCH!!!!

I apologize for my previous comments. I spoke too soon.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#168 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nicosimmernico
Yup. Don't remove the bones or change anything. Its amazing. I've been messing around with it for a while before my last reply and just now I found a neat little trick XD THANK YOU FOR THIS SOOOO MUCH!!!!

I apologize for my previous comments. I spoke too soon.

Thanks!

Test Subject
#169 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 6:01 PM
Does this happen with all sims or only certain ones? Does it happen with sims not using any CC?

Edit: Did you try checking 'Import Units' in the Collada import options? What do you see if you make the rig invisible?

Please upload the DAE mesh you're trying to import.

Sorry for late reply, the problem still remains with "Import Units" checked, the mesh itself looks alright, has all UVs and even has references to those bones that aren't present in the rig, tested on both sims with and without CC.

Here's the DAE: https://www.mediafire.com/file/hmwq...kenSim.rar/file

As i said, it's only a problem in Blender, 3DS max imports models perfectly fine. TBH it looks like the problem with Blender Collada plugin.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#170 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 6:14 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 23rd Jan 2020 at 7:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SeriousNorbo
Sorry for late reply, the problem still remains with "Import Units" checked, the mesh itself looks alright, has all UVs and even has references to those bones that aren't present in the rig, tested on both sims with and without CC.

Here's the DAE: https://www.mediafire.com/file/hmwq...kenSim.rar/file

As i said, it's only a problem in Blender, 3DS max imports models perfectly fine. TBH it looks like the problem with Blender Collada plugin.

The calculation I use for the bone tails, which are used only in Blender, is giving strange non-numeric results. Questions:

Are you using a custom rig?
What language do you use on your computer?
PC or Mac?

I'm seeing what I can find meanwhile.

Edit: I'm 99% sure it's a culture problem - the same one that always trips me up with languages that use a comma instead of a period for decimals. In this case the comma's encoded and seems to be either ignored or interpreted as a thousands separator, resulting in a number that's many times what it's supposed to be and that causes the huge bones. It also is probably causing errors that make some bones not load at all and/or have incorrect rotations that cause distortion in animations.

I've put in a correction; please test with the attached version.

Later edit: Test version removed, the fixes are included in V1.9.2 or later in the main download.

Test Subject
#171 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 9:47 PM
Are you using a custom rig?
What language do you use on your computer?
PC or Mac?
)

Huh, I didn't expected that a language might be a problem, I'm using PC and my language is Polish, which uses commas instead of periods...

Anyway, this updated version succesfully exported Blender-compatible .DAE with complete rigging, thanks.
Test Subject
#172 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 12:22 PM Last edited by IHEARTBLK : 23rd Jan 2020 at 1:44 PM.
I've put in a correction; please test with the attached version.

Thank you so much for the fix!

I found another bug.

In the latest version V1.9.1, and the last patch of the game 1.60.54.1020, the texture of the teeth is not displayed correctly. In the very first versions, everything was fine.
There are also differences in skin tone and shine on makeup and skin.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#173 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IHEARTBLK
Thank you so much for the fix!

I found another bug.

In the latest version V1.9.1, and the last patch of the game 1.60.54.1020, the texture of the teeth is not displayed correctly. In the very first versions, everything was fine.
There are also differences in skin tone and shine on makeup and skin.

Thanks! I fixed the teeth. Since starting this project I've made several changes to the way I blend the skin texture which is why it looks a bit different now. It's been very difficult to find a method that looks acceptable on all skin colors and it's probably never going to be perfectly like it looks in-game.

Version 1.9.2 is uploaded.

Test Subject
#174 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 1:51 PM Last edited by c0ldGlitter : 24th Jan 2020 at 10:56 PM.
Hi! First, thank you so much for this amazing tool!

I just have a question related to Blender (I'm new to this program). It's about textures. Could someone explain to me where to put the "specular" thing? Is that what manages transparency?
And for the main texture, should I put it in Principled BSDF or in Diffuse BSDF?

If someone can explain, maybe with screenshots, ilt would be very kind of you

Thanks !

Update : Ok, now this is transparent... But the hair isn't the good color anymore. Look like it's too transparent
I'm lost.

Screenshots
Test Subject
#175 Old 27th Jan 2020 at 5:31 AM
I'm having another error, sometimes when I try to load a sim it can't find a region map then an unhandled exception error appears.

-----

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.GetCurrentModel()
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.DisplaySim(SimData sim, SimOccult occultState)
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.sims_listBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4075.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TS4SimRipper
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Sims%20Folder/(My%20CC)/TS4SimRipper_1_9_2_0/TS4SimRipper.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.4042.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
s4pi.Package
Assembly Version: 1907.10.1905.25360
Win32 Version: 1907.10.1905.25360
CodeBase: file:///D:/Sims%20Folder/(My%20CC)/TS4SimRipper_1_9_2_0/s4pi.Package.DLL
s4pi.Interfaces
Assembly Version: 1911.23.1857.25123
Win32 Version: 1911.23.1857.25123
CodeBase: file:///D:/Sims%20Folder/(My%20CC)/TS4SimRipper_1_9_2_0/s4pi.Interfaces.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
WindowsFormsIntegration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsFormsIntegration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsFormsIntegration.dll
PresentationFramework
Win32 Version: 4.8.4075.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
System.Xaml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
PresentationFramework.Aero2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero2/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero2.dll
s4pi.Settings
Assembly Version: 1911.23.1857.25122
Win32 Version: 1911.23.1857.25122
CodeBase: file:///D:/Sims%20Folder/(My%20CC)/TS4SimRipper_1_9_2_0/s4pi.Settings.DLL
PresentationFramework-SystemXml
Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemXml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemXml.dll
protobuf-net
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.668
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.668
CodeBase: file:///D:/Sims%20Folder/(My%20CC)/TS4SimRipper_1_9_2_0/protobuf-net.DLL
s4pi.ImageResource
CodeBase: file:///D:/Sims%20Folder/(My%20CC)/TS4SimRipper_1_9_2_0/s4pi.ImageResource.DLL
DDSPanel
CodeBase: file:///D:/Sims%20Folder/(My%20CC)/TS4SimRipper_1_9_2_0/DDSPanel.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Screenshots
Page 7 of 80