Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1991 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1880 Feedback Posts, 110 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 80
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#176 Old 27th Jan 2020 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WhatTheSims
I'm having another error, sometimes when I try to load a sim it can't find a region map then an unhandled exception error appears.

---

I can fix SimRipper so a missing region map won't make it crash, but the part it's missing from may not display correctly. The best solution would for you to find and remove whatever CC is causing the error, but of course that's not easy.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#177 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 7:23 AM Last edited by WhatTheSims : 28th Jan 2020 at 7:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I can fix SimRipper so a missing region map won't make it crash, but the part it's missing from may not display correctly. The best solution would for you to find and remove whatever CC is causing the error, but of course that's not easy.

That would be great, thanks! I'm gonna assume it's probably a default replacement or something since it's happening on base game sims as well.

EDIT: Found the problem, it was the Body: Redux mods by Luumia. If anyone else has the region map error, this might be the culprit.
Test Subject
#178 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 12:23 PM
How you add animation from simripper like this ?
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#179 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 2:18 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 31st Jan 2020 at 1:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Zulf Ferdiana
How you add animation from simripper like this ?

Export an animation from Sims 4 Studio:
- Start S4S, click the Animation button with 'Clip Pack' selected.
- Give the package a name and save it.
- You'll get a screen with the package opened. Click the Studio / Clips tab. In the bottom section, select 'EA Clip'.
- Click the green 'Export' button. You'll get a list of EA animations. Select one and click Export. You'll get a blend with the animation.

Use the animation in Blender: (This is using Blender 2.78 and probably works for 2.7x. I don't know how to do it in 2.8 and above.)
- Import the Collada DAE mesh from SimRipper: File / Import / Collada DAE. Make sure you have 'rig' selected.
- Append the animation: File / Append / Select the blend with your animation.
- You'll get a list of folders. Open 'Action' and select the animation. Click 'Append From Library'.
- Click the button in the lower left corner of the Blender screen and select 'Dope Sheet'.
- In the bottom row, where it now says 'Dope Sheet', click and select 'Action Editor'.
- Click the button right next to where it now says '+ New' and select the animation.
- Now you can click that bottom left corner button again and select Timeline, and drag the little green bar or use the playback buttons to move through the animation.

I'm planning to write a tutorial for the few things I've figured out how to do in Blender. Right now I have the flu so that's on hold.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#180 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 2:13 AM
Export an animation from Sims 4 Studio:
- Start S4S, click the Animation button with 'Clip Pack' selected.
- Give the package a name and save it.
- You'll get a screen with the package opened. Click the Studio / Clips tab. In the bottom section, select 'EA Clip'.
- Click the green 'Export' button. You'll get a list of EA animations. Select one and click Export. You'll get a blend with the animation.

Use the animation in Blender: (This is using Blender 2.78 and probably works for 2.7x. I don't know how to do it in 2.8 and above.)
- Import the Collada DAE mesh from SimRipper: File / Import / Collada DAE. Make sure you have 'rig' selected.
- Append the animation: File / Append / Select the blend with your animation.
- You'll get a list of folders. Open 'Action' and select the animation. Click 'Append From Library'.
- Click the button in the lower left corner of the Blender screen and select 'Dope Sheet'.
- In the bottom row, where it now says 'Dope Sheet', click and select 'Action Editor'.
- Click the button right next to where it now says '+ New' and select the animation.
- Now you can click that bottom left corner button again and select Timeline, and drag the little green bar or use the playback buttons to move through the animation.

I'm planning to write a tutorial for the few things I've figured out how to do in Blender. Right now I have the flu so that's on hold.

I tried export with DAE file. but it takes long time and get not responding.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#181 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 2:39 AM
Export via DAE take long time but It's work
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#182 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 2:05 PM
First of all, thank you for such an amazing tool, I used to do this whole ripping thing the hard way with ninja ripper before.
Do you plan on making it compatible with custom sliders and presets?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#183 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1450010
First of all, thank you for such an amazing tool, I used to do this whole ripping thing the hard way with ninja ripper before.
Do you plan on making it compatible with custom sliders and presets?

It already is. If they're not showing up for you, maybe your user path isn't set up correctly.

Test Subject
#184 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 4:54 PM
It already is. If they're not showing up for you, maybe your user path isn't set up correctly.

Thank you. I don't know why, but the presets in a subfolder just weren't being loaded. Once I put them in the Mods folder it worked just fine (even though I get this "Can't find sim modifier 0xC5F6763E-0x00000000-0xD1B3A6E18V885A25" with a specific sim, which I guess didn't affect anything).
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#185 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1450010
Thank you. I don't know why, but the presets in a subfolder just weren't being loaded. Once I put them in the Mods folder it worked just fine (even though I get this "Can't find sim modifier 0xC5F6763E-0x00000000-0xD1B3A6E18V885A25" with a specific sim, which I guess didn't affect anything).

Thanks, I'll check on whether all subfolders are being Included. You could get that missing modifier error with a sim you saved with a custom slider you removed from your game since then.

Test Subject
#186 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 2:34 AM
over all, it works as intended; though when dealing with sims who are differently framed (a feminine framed male, specifically. not sure if masculine framed females have a similar problem), it ah

does that. ingame, feminine frame males still have flat and masculine chest, but simripper gives them breasts, and it makes consistency a tad difficult when having multiple versions of the same model since i'd have to sculpt the breasts away, and i'm not skilled enough to make it look good ;-;
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#187 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meowzzar
over all, it works as intended; though when dealing with sims who are differently framed (a feminine framed male, specifically. not sure if masculine framed females have a similar problem), it ah

does that. ingame, feminine frame males still have flat and masculine chest, but simripper gives them breasts, and it makes consistency a tad difficult when having multiple versions of the same model since i'd have to sculpt the breasts away, and i'm not skilled enough to make it look good ;-;

I did some work on supporting differently framed sims, specifically applying the transgender morph and filling the waist gap that happens with female tops and male bottoms (even that isn't working 100%) but obviously I need to get back to it. I should be able to work it out in the next few days, so hold off on the sculpting.

Test Subject
#188 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 12:57 PM
I did some work on supporting differently framed sims, specifically applying the transgender morph and filling the waist gap that happens with female tops and male bottoms (even that isn't working 100%) but obviously I need to get back to it. I should be able to work it out in the next few days, so hold off on the sculpting.

Hello Cmar, can i get your email or maybe discord server. It;s not that i didn't want to ask you through comment section. It's just i'm really slow at learning. And conversation through comment box will be really hard for me to understand. I understand if you can't do that, thank you.
Test Subject
#189 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 1:36 PM
Is it possible to make the program have a command to export the textures only? Instead of the mesh and textures both.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#190 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newbie97
Hello Cmar, can i get your email or maybe discord server. It;s not that i didn't want to ask you through comment section. It's just i'm really slow at learning. And conversation through comment box will be really hard for me to understand. I understand if you can't do that, thank you.

Sorry, but I don't want to give out my email and don't use Discord. If you have questions or don't understand something you can pm me here. I'm not sure what I can help you with, though, since SimRipper is pretty simple to use and I probably don't know Blender any better than you do.

BTW I'm making progress on the male in female frame problem, just have to find the right morph to flatten the breasts.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#191 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luvbunnyxx2
Is it possible to make the program have a command to export the textures only? Instead of the mesh and textures both.

Sure, that's reasonable. I'll put it in the next version.

Test Subject
#192 Old 4th Feb 2020 at 2:39 AM
Sorry, but I don't want to give out my email and don't use Discord. If you have questions or don't understand something you can pm me here. I'm not sure what I can help you with, though, since SimRipper is pretty simple to use and I probably don't know Blender any better than you do.

BTW I'm making progress on the male in female frame problem, just have to find the right morph to flatten the breasts.

that's okay, no it's not about how to use it. But about the problems that i encounter. Yes i sent you PM already, thankyou.
Scholar
#193 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 1:35 PM
Default Amazing Sims 4 Ripper
I enjoy using Sims Ripper and your newest version made my household sims look much better compare to recent updates which made the meshed sim looked different in The Sims 4. I remember the error messages used to have all in one but it's now individually. I have to hold "enter" to escape and successfully rip the sim.
Screenshots

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#194 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RomerJon17
I enjoy using Sims Ripper and your newest version made my household sims look much better compare to recent updates which made the meshed sim looked different in The Sims 4. I remember the error messages used to have all in one but it's now individually. I have to hold "enter" to escape and successfully rip the sim.

Beautiful renders! That's a good point, I can combine all the errors into one again, and maybe just add a button or something to display them instead of a popup.

Test Subject
#195 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 9:36 PM
I'm having an issue using the program. I have Sims 4 installed on an SSD, my Documents folder is on that same SSD, and it's not detecting the right Documents folder. When I set it manually to the right folder, the program crashes, and it refuses to start up again afterwards. I don't know how to fix this.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#196 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aaaaaaaa123
I'm having an issue using the program. I have Sims 4 installed on an SSD, my Documents folder is on that same SSD, and it's not detecting the right Documents folder. When I set it manually to the right folder, the program crashes, and it refuses to start up again afterwards. I don't know how to fix this.

If you upload a picture of the path you're setting I can see if I see anything wrong. You can also try making a Sims 4 folder somewhere else, copy and paste your Mods folder into it, and set the path to it.

Part of the changes in the next version will be better handling of the Mods path, and changes so it won't crash if the paths aren't found.

Test Subject
#197 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 7:41 PM
If you upload a picture of the path you're setting I can see if I see anything wrong. You can also try making a Sims 4 folder somewhere else, copy and paste your Mods folder into it, and set the path to it.

Part of the changes in the next version will be better handling of the Mods path, and changes so it won't crash if the paths aren't found.

I had to type the path in manually, as when I clicked select, for my Sims installation folder it only had the Program Files folder on my HDD selectable. When I hit select for the Documents Sims 4 folder, it only showed "Documents" and nothing else. I'm afraid I can't provide a picture, as I can't get the program starting up again, strangely even when I redownload it.

The path that I set for my Documents/Sims 4 folder was Z:\Users\[My name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\De Sims 4
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#198 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aaaaaaaa123
I had to type the path in manually, as when I clicked select, for my Sims installation folder it only had the Program Files folder on my HDD selectable. When I hit select for the Documents Sims 4 folder, it only showed "Documents" and nothing else. I'm afraid I can't provide a picture, as I can't get the program starting up again, strangely even when I redownload it.

The path that I set for my Documents/Sims 4 folder was Z:\Users\[My name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\De Sims 4

That path looks okay for your user files. The game files path should be to the installed game files, ex. C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\. In your case I assume it's on your Z drive. Do you have both the game files and user files in the same 'De Sims 4' folder? If so, I don't even know what effect that would have but it's probably not good.

The next version should make it easier to correct.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#199 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 11:37 PM
Version 2.0 uploaded.

Test Subject
#200 Old 25th Feb 2020 at 12:07 PM
Incredible tool! But I have a bit of a problem ):
When I try to load a sim (even the default ones), it gives me this

System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
à TS4SimRipper.Form1.DisplaySim(SimData sim, SimOccult occultState)
à TS4SimRipper.Form1.sims_listBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have my game updated to version 1.55.105.1020, with every pack except University and beyond.
I don't think it's a cc problem, because it's the same situation when I empty the mods folder.
What could the problem be?
I'm sorry if this turns out to be a dumb question!
Page 8 of 80