Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 3:52 PM Last edited by danny_power : 6th Jan 2014 at 10:34 PM.
Default Changing required EP of a cloned object
I have cloned the original Werknothom door because I'm creating a complete set of Werknothom doors, windows and arches.
I'd like that all the set requires only the basegame; for example, the original Werknothom door requires the Apartment Life EP, but I'd like that it requires only the basegame.
How do I change the required EP? I have to modify only the specific line in the Raw Data inside the OBJD of the object?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 5:54 PM
You're doing this for your own personal use? 'Cause we're not going to offer advice on ripping content from EPs to share with people who don't own 'em

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You're doing this for your own personal use? 'Cause we're not going to offer advice on ripping content from EPs to share with people who don't own 'em
Ripping??? Maybe I was not clear.
I'm creating a set based on the original Werknothom door that requires Apartment Life and for creating this set I have to clone other objects that require other EPs. Since I want that my set requires entirely only the base game, how I can change the required EP of the cloned objects?

P.S.: to have greater credibility on what I'm writing, I have included some screenshots taken in Milkshape of the set I'm creating.
Screenshots
Site Helper
#4 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 7:43 PM
Again, the question is: is this for your own personal use, or do you intend to share it with others? Site rules prevent us from helping you to do this if you intend to share it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Again, the question is: is this for your own personal use, or do you intend to share it with others? Site rules prevent us from helping you to do this if you intend to share it.
I don't want to change the required EP of an original object, I want to change the required EP of the original object that I've cloned and that I'll modify. I mean, I don't want to replace the required EP of an original object, I want only that each object of the set I'm creating requires the same EP, otherwise when the set will be completed, an object will require an EP, another object will require another EP, and so on, because I'm cloning original objects that require different EPs.
I don't know if you understand me.

However, if the question creates problems, I'll try to solve it by myself.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 9:31 PM
Ahhhh, ok, I understand. You might want to change the thread title.

Is there a particular reason why you can't just clone basegame objects to begin with? And what kinds of objects are you cloning - just doors and windows?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Ahhhh, ok, I understand. You might want to change the thread title.

Is there a particular reason why you can't just clone basegame objects to begin with? And what kinds of objects are you cloning - just doors and windows?
Actually I have cloned only doors and windows (I'll clone arches in another moment).
For the doors I have cloned the Gone Legit door from Nightlife because I need to make single doors that match the original double Werknothom door; for the windows I've cloned the "false" Werknothom windows (1 tile and 3 tiles) from Apartment Life.
You'd understand that if I'll upload the set in the next future, I can't do it requiring more than one EP.
For this reason I need that all the objects have the same dependency.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 12:32 AM
Ideally you would have this set slaved to the original from AL for ease to the downloads folder and recoloring. However, to created base game objects you need to uncheck ALL EPs in SimPE, then restart before cloning.

FYI: I've already made those doors single tile.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Ideally you would have this set slaved to the original from AL for ease to the downloads folder and recoloring. However, to created base game objects you need to uncheck ALL EPs in SimPE, then restart before cloning.

Yeah, I've seen your single doors from Sims2Artists and they are done perfectly
My single doors are a bit different because from the original Werknothom door I've taken the part of the door that has the lock and now I have to make smaller the door otherwise the lock is hidden inside the doorframe.
Thanks for the advice on the EPs, I'll try it.
To make you understand better, I've made recolorable the glass of the original Werknothom door, so now the door and all the objects related to it have 2 subsets, one related to the frame and one related to the glass. I've made two packages to replace the original Werknothom door, one that goes inside the ProgramFiles and the other inside the Documents, both in the zCEP-EXTRA sub-folder, as I've learned from your CEP-EXTRA packages, and all works good
All the doors, windows and arches I'll make will be slaved to the original Werknothom door and they will use the same textures (only the wallshadows will have different textures).
If I'm able to have each object dependent on the same EP, at finished work each object will require only the Apartment Life EP, since all the objects will be slaved to the original Werknothom door that requires Apartment Life.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic

I have tried with the method you've written and it didn't work.
However, it seems I've solved in another way. I have changed the codes in the lines Valid EP Flags 1 and 2 (in the Raw Data of the OBJDs) in this way:
Valid EP Flags 1: 0x0000
Valid EP Flags 2: 0x0001

In the game, with the boolprop showcatalogepflags cheat activated, it shows me that each door is available with the Apartment Life EP, as I wanted.
Could I have problems changing the EP required in this way?