Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 12:30 AM Last edited by wlsestudios : 26th Jul 2008 at 2:08 PM.
New Clothing For Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons and Bon Voyage
I noticed that some of the expansion pack boxes showed Sims in outfits that appear to be included in the expansion pack (except Pets, because that did not include any new clothing *grrr!*). However, on further inspection you will see that the colouring of these outfits are not right!

I have fixed these and want your opinions before I submit them.

I have...
... made the Nightlife dress orange (rather than black, turquoise, or pink)
... made the Open For Business apron outfit the correct colours
... changed the undershirt and trousers of the Seasons outfit
... recoloured the Bon Voyage outfit

I have also made a full-face make-up for the Open For Business character that puts flour on their face!

Let me know what you think!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 2:21 AM
They look great!
But isn't the Bon Voyage-shorts a bit less sharp green? More military-green, if you know what i mean ^_^

And the dress in Nightlife, maybe a bit more red?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 8:29 AM Last edited by wlsestudios : 25th Jul 2008 at 2:52 PM.
I have now made the dress (of the Nightlife woman) a deeer orange and I have made the shorts (of the Bon Voyage man) more "military green."

The pictures in the first post have also been updated.

Any other ideas/suggestions? Or do you think it's ready to be submitted?
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 5:57 PM
You cant really see the flour on the face, but good job on the others.
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 5:58 PM
And the pics are a leetle blurry
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 6:27 PM
Do you think the set is submission quality?
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 10:00 PM
Hmm, let's take a close look at each outfit one-by-one, shall we?

OFB Baker's outfit:
- The pic is quite blurry. Please take clear in-game screenshots, do not enlarge them at all in your graphics program, and save them at high quality.
- The pants look a bit too dark and too blue. Try lightening them and lowering the "saturation" level
- Shirt seems good.
- The face flour isn't very visible, and your closeup is far too blurry. Please attach a clear in-game closeup of that, and of course, make sure the actual makeup looks like flour.

Seasons Outerwear:
- Again, the pic is blurry. Clearer pic please.
- Your sim is posed in a position that hides a lot of the outfit. Please have her just stand there facing the camera with her hands by her side so we can see the outfit clearly.
- The jeans look good.
- It's hard to tell from this pic, but it looks like the shirt under the jacket could use some more texture and shadows/highlights... like the original shirt has.

Orange NL Dress:
- Again, the pic is blurry, but from what I can see this dress looks nice. Maybe the shoes should be a bit darker?

BV Tourist Outfit:
- Clearer pic please!
- The design on the shirt looks a bit too orange. It should be whiter. It looks pretty white in the box art. Not totally white, but whiter than it is now.
- The orange base should be a bit redder, and try to get rid of those dark sort of brownish areas. There should be shadows of course, but they should still look sort of orange instead of brownish/blackish.
- The shorts look good. Lowering their saturation a little might help them look more like the box art. But you've retained their shading... they look good.

So overall, you're off to a good start but there are still areas that need tweaking on the clothes.... and we need clearer pics! Hope this was helpful.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 11:37 PM
I'll get some new pictures and change the well, .... changes as soon as possible. Check back soon!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 12:38 PM Last edited by wlsestudios : 26th Jul 2008 at 1:58 PM.
New pictures!

Changes:

~ The shoes on the Nightlife dress are now a deeper orange.
~ The apron outift from Open For Business has had some flour sprinkeld on it.
~ The trousers from the Open For Business outfit have been changed.
~ The Bon Voyage tourist outfit design has been lightened.
~ The shorts on the tourist outfit have been slightly altered.

The undershirt of the Seasons outfit is actually from the game, the first picture just wasn't very clear!

Also, am I correct in assuming that (as the flour face make-up is from the base game, and all the other outfits are from their relevant expansion pack) that you only need Nightlife, Open For Business, Seasons and Bon Voyage to get the whole set? (just asking for when I submit this set!)
Screenshots
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 9:54 PM
Oh that's a huge improvement! Your new pics look great, and the clothes look much better. The only thing I might tweak a bit more is that orange tourist shirt. I'd try to make the design less orange still (but not completely white), and the base colour a bit redder. But overall, the clothes are looking very good now. Well done!

As for the EPs, each outfit will just require the EP that it came with. So you could mark the whole set as requiring only the base-game and then be very clear in the text of your post which EP each outfit requires. That way if someone has NL but not OFB, for instance, they'll still see your thread.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 11:32 PM Last edited by wlsestudios : 27th Jul 2008 at 12:02 AM.
Tourist outfit now well and truely tweaked!! New picture is attached.

Do you think the set is now ready for submission? :D
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 2:56 PM
These look brilliant, well done.
If I had to suggest any changes, and I am looking at your most recent pictures, it would be to make the bottom of the female outerwear outfit white instead of pink. At the moment it could be mistaken as the bottom of her undershirt and the box art does seem to show it as white. I've been and checked the actual box myself.
I don't know what other people think on this matter but it just seems to make sense to me.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#13 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 12:23 AM
That's a good idea, Menaceman. It's hard to see exactly what colour the bottom of the jacket is in the box pic, but it is easy to mistake it as part of the undershirt as-is. It's up to you though, wlsestudios. It's not *wrong* as-is, it just tricks the eye a bit.

I think the tourist shirt looks more like the one on the box now. It looks good. But the pic is a little bit blurry... blurrier than the previous set of pics. Your pics should be as clear as possible so watch out for that!

Anway, yes, I think this set looks nice enough to upload now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 12:38 AM Last edited by wlsestudios : 28th Jul 2008 at 3:53 PM.
Right, I've changed the bottom of the ski-jacket on the Seasons' Outerwear outfit.

Attached to this post are (*hopefully*) the final pictures. I will wait to see what you think of them, but I am quite certain that they're finally ready for submission.

Thanks in advance if you're going to leave a comment, or thanks in the past if you already have!

Where two outfits are in the same screenshot, the outfit on the left is the in-game alternative. The right one is our, box-art version.

PS. Rather than also uploading the box art images, here are links to the Wikipedia box art images: Nightlife, Open For Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#15 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 8:08 PM
They look great! Such nice improvements you've all made. I'd say they're ready to upload.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 12:49 PM
I have submitted it!

Now I just have to wait!

Thank you everyone for all your help, I have put you all (by name) in the additional credits!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 12:51 PM
Fantastic work! I look forward to seeing them for download now.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#18 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 3:38 PM
cool, i can't wait to donload these ^-^

hi!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 8:01 PM
The submission has been accepted!
You can now download the set, click here to go to the download page.

Download. Thank. Enjoy.

A movie a day keeps Crumplebottom away!
Visit: http://wlsestudios.moonfruit.com
Locked thread | Locked by: lewjen Reason: do not delete - useful info