Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 12:25 AM Last edited by Sims2King287 : 21st Oct 2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: update
Default New Modern Home! *Updated 10/21/08*
So, here is the 10/21/08 update!
There's only one picture:

I added mostly palm trees, as I feel the rest of the trees I had took away from the "modern look" and that these trees sort of kept and held them in.

I added a pond as well, to add more of a blue shade to the green lawn, and the stone/pebble path that I might add shrubs along the sides.

Good?
Anything to change?

Oh, and its name is:
Modern Elements - Sky & Stone, from Zhivan at TSC.

If you find the will to want, then don't want it. Get it.
Advertisement
Zombie Socks
#2 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 1:07 AM
I think a path from the door to the street would look nice. Also, the top is looking a bit...bare. Other than that, this is a very nice clean modern house!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Forum Resident
#3 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 1:57 AM
I think it's required to have at least the kitchen and bathroom furnished, but besides that you don't have to. I like the design, and agree with WWW that you need a path to your front door, but to the driveway (like a real house), not the street.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 2:18 AM
Default The pathway!
I completely forgot about it!
I jotted down to find some CC floor paint, the one that looks like the asphalt, but I lost it.

I'll make sure to do that!
And WWW, what do you think I could do to spice up the roof? As with it being furnished, it was a art studio//party area.

I was thinking about adding another one of those pillars, but I'm not sure.

Inventor
#5 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 2:16 AM
It looks gorgeous - I didn't look at every image yet - since I'm just grabbing a moment to check in, but I did notice one thing - because of how they did ceilings in AL [whether you have it or not doesn't matter], the sloped glass areas are going to be foobared. Now, it is possible [I haven't tested it yet] that if you -do- have AL installed, that before you do the sloping you can make it glass on both sides. Of course, you could have already done this, too.

Otherwise, my first impression was -wow, nice house!-

Oh, another tip, even if you don't have seasons, if you wish to make that weather proof [sloped area] you need to put down some clear flooring or the rain and snow will go right into your living area.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Instructor
#6 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 3:13 AM
as far as the roof is concerned. I would suggest using a textured floor tile as that grey is just too bland. but if you do intend to have that portion for a "party" area, you might consider using a wood floor tile and some fencing to segregate that area to break up all that grey. Try that first and see if that doesn't help the "flatness" of the roof. Otherwise, it's looking good.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 8:45 AM
Cool house, looks fantastic! I agree with ejnarts that there's a bit too much of that same grey - I like it on the roof, though. To create some variation I'd suggest another flooring in the backyard - stone or tile would be great.

I'd also suggest a small formal garden at the right side, where the house crops out a bit, more or less midway between the house and the pavement.

As for the interior, the large entrance room on the ground floor is very large. I'd suggest at least dividing it into two sections using the half walls, but possible even into two or more rooms - seeing that there's really only one bedroom now (I assume the smaller of the rooms is a bathroom although it's got no closable door).

Lastly, but this is a very minor detail. I love the roof garden, but the fountains are really out of style with the rest. I'd suggest finding some more modern looking ones or alternatively sculptures.

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Zombie Socks
#8 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 9:14 PM
Well, I would suggest changing the path. The curved terrain look really doesn't suit the lot. The pond looks nice, though!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 3:19 PM
Pond's cute and it looks good with the changed flooring in the backyard. Maybe give the garrage floor a go too?

Personally, I think all the palms (even with their slight differences) gives the whole lot a rather uniform look. Since everything else (apart from the pond) is so controllod and sculpted, the random placement of palms imo doesn't suplement the rest very well. That's why I also agree with www that a more square path (using flooring) might suit this lot better than the painted one.

What does the place look like at night? Do you have any outdoor lights?

Good work

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 8:34 PM
Default I have sad news.
Due to a tragic non-working CAS bug, I had to delete my EA Games folder. Being as it is, I had my game scanned and it was on that lot.

A piece of CC.
So, no more Sky & Stone lot.

Sorry all!

Locked thread | Locked by: lewjen Reason: do not delete - useful info