Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 6:18 AM
Default SMV - AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long (Classic Rock Remix)
Part I of the Tale of Yuichi and Amy has officially premiered on my website, Satanic Hot Pocket.

Here's the direct link to my SMV page:
http://satanichotpocket.anarchyzero.com/ts2/smv.php

And here's a link to the page for this specific video:
http://satanichotpocket.anarchyzero...ou_shook_me.php

During the creation of this video, I made quite a few n00bish mistakes. The kind of mistakes I normally give harsh criticism for. I realize that, so let me start you off:

I really screwed up by allowing plumbbobs and thought bubbles/speech bubbles to show in my video. I also shouldn't have left the sky visible. Big mistakes. I won't make them again.

Now here are a few things that may look like mistakes that actually aren't:

During the "She was the best damn woman that I'd ever seen" scene, I intentionally left the plumbbob there because it was supposed to indicate which one of those women was the best damn woman he had ever seen.

When it shows the little African child reciting the nearly incomprehensible lyric "This generation rules the nation, with [???]", the animation skips and repeats. This was done purposely (as should go without saying) to match the sound.

"The Humping Scene" looks fake purposely. This is a reference to the Grand Theft Auto "Hot Coffee" scandal.

"Here's a special news bulletin" re-used animation: I felt like the song was intentionally trying to be repetitive, so I followed suit with the video.

The poor-quality image toward the end that shows my logo is intentionally poor quality. It's an inside joke left in for a certain friend of mine.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:31 PM
Oh, and of course, feedback is appreciated. That's kinda the point of posting here. :p
#3 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 5:26 PM
After reading some of your critics on others movies, I was expecting something spectacular from you. I was seriously dissapointed.

You had plumbobs and speech bubbles all over the place. Your camera movements were choppy, your sets were a bit plain. Also, the action was a bit boring compared to the music.

All in all this was a video I would have expected from a newbie, but nice as such.

If you're really interested in movie-making i would suggest you take a look at the many tutorials over at Sims99 forum and Britannica Dreams.

Good luck with your future movies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 12:34 AM
Thank you for the comments, FireAzor.

Of course I've already scolded myself in the first post for Plumbbobs and headlines. Strangely enough, I never noticed the choppy camera movements. Probably because there are few camera movements. I don't like moving cameras, usually.

Could you please explain what you mean by "your sets were a bit plain?"

This is probably the most difficult video I've done, as it's hard to come up with stuff to match these lyrics.
#5 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 1:13 AM
Yep, i know how hard that can be, matching up sims actions with lyrics (check out my movies and you'll see what I mean).

Usually in real life we have clutter and such lying around. I've noticed that sometimes the cameras in TS" make your shots look long and "stretchy in some cases, not letting your set "shine". You have to experiment with them until you get a "realistic" shot with all of the clutter and such.

For your bar/club scenes I would have made the space a bit smaller and packed it with all sorts of decorations, posters and stuff like that... just enough to make the scenery interesting but not too much to make it overcluttered and confusing.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 2:25 AM
Thanks.

Yeah, I admit some of my sets were bare. As for mEIN kLUB, I'm underage and not very social anyway, so my knowledge of dance clubs is limited. I just kinda guessed that it would probably have to be a large area to accommodate massive amounts of people dancing. There actually would have been alot more sims there if not for my computer's inability to handle alot of sims on the lot at once. Really though this was good because it gave me an excuse to close down the club, which I didn't want to continue using in future videos.