Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#326 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 6:26 PM
Actually, helping players with their games is one of the few things keeping me (somewhat) sane right now, being that I live in the middle of what could be called a pandemic war zone. But @frecklebeans thanks for the kind words.

I've already addressed the gender question here recently. That is (a younger version of) my self-sim in my avatar. Not sure why this is so important, but as I have said I am a gender ambiguous plumbot with perennial 5 o'clock shadow, body hair, an unusual recharge (sleep) cycle, and a funny walk.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#327 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Actually, helping players with their games is one of the few things keeping me (somewhat) sane right now, being that I live in the middle of what could be called a pandemic war zone. But @frecklebeans thanks for the kind words.

I've already addressed the gender question here recently. That is (a younger version of) my self-sim in my avatar. Not sure why this is so important, but as I have said I am a gender ambiguous plumbot with perennial 5 o'clock shadow, body hair, an unusual recharge (sleep) cycle, and a funny walk.

Much love. stay safe in that war zone
Test Subject
#328 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 9:43 PM
Something that lets me easily see the motives and lifespan of minor pets when I check their info, not just the species and monetary value!

I know there's a mod that extends the lifespan of minor pets, but it's already theoretically possible to keep a minor pet alive forever. The problem is that the information needed to do that is obfuscated from the player during gameplay.

It's especially bothersome with parrots, because I can put so much work into teaching them how to talk, building up relationships with the sims in the house... but if the bird dies before I finish training it, it feels like a waste in a way that doesn't apply as much to the other minor pets in the game.
Lab Assistant
#329 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 7:28 PM
So I was watching this Mermaid Comparison video and as a pretty big mermaid and, more importantly, siren fan I long for more depth to the mermaids in Sims 3. I especially long for the siren songs from Sims 4 to make their way over to Sims 3. I would want that the most, but just any new things for the mermaids in Sims 3 to do would be amazing. I've been trying to learn how to code so I can make some mods that I want desperately, like dogs swimming in the ocean. But I don't think I'd be able to add more features like Sims 4's siren songs, It just seems way too out there. I think It would probably easier if you could take animations that are from 4 and bring them to 3, like how people convert Sims 3 items and bring them to 4. I think Sims 3's swimming animations for mermaids is lacking anyway, they could do with an upgrade.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Scholar
#330 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 2:26 PM
I’d like some new traits! I remember reading that it was extremely difficult for some reason and only Pescado and a few others managed to make working traits, but that doesn’t stop me from dreaming about them. Sometimes I think about taking existing traits and just changing the behavior so that it’s a new mod. Put Never Nude and Vehicle Enthusiast to work!

I’d like some more negative traits — dislikes pets is a biggie. I don’t know why they never made this for TS3 or TS4.
Lab Assistant
#331 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I’d like some new traits! I remember reading that it was extremely difficult for some reason and only Pescado and a few others managed to make working traits, but that doesn’t stop me from dreaming about them. Sometimes I think about taking existing traits and just changing the behavior so that it’s a new mod. Put Never Nude and Vehicle Enthusiast to work!

I’d like some more negative traits — dislikes pets is a biggie. I don’t know why they never made this for TS3 or TS4.

it would seem as though they would have these since they do have loves cats, dogs, animals...
Mad Poster
#332 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie

I think Arsil has a bit of stuff here?

http://modthesims.info/d/593251/tes...ts-manager.html
Field Researcher
#333 Old 7th May 2020 at 10:34 AM
A mod to quickly randomize hairstyle and/or outfits from the Sim menu. I often see game-generated or aged-up sims with hideous outfits or hairs and I need to go in CAS or stylist to change them, whereas just a simple randomization from the game menu could have been much easier.

A mod like this shouldn't be too hard to implement, right? It can use the same interface NRAAS Play with Genetics uses, with a button for quick randomization and a headshot of the sim. Or it could just work as a "command", without any UI so to speak.
Mad Poster
#334 Old 7th May 2020 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
A mod to quickly randomize hairstyle and/or outfits from the Sim menu. I often see game-generated or aged-up sims with hideous outfits or hairs and I need to go in CAS or stylist to change them, whereas just a simple randomization from the game menu could have been much easier.

A mod like this shouldn't be too hard to implement, right? It can use the same interface NRAAS Play with Genetics uses, with a button for quick randomization and a headshot of the sim. Or it could just work as a "command", without any UI so to speak.

This was what TS4 got right in CaS, and is what bugs me about the randomize option in TS3, that there was no option to choose what to randomize!

I occasionally still find myself reaching for the button when I want some more unique clothing combinations, but then have to remind myself that I'll just end up with a completely different sim.
Forum Resident
#335 Old 7th May 2020 at 9:39 PM
T

Doesn't nraas dresser "reroll outfit/hair" serve this function?
Test Subject
#336 Old 8th May 2020 at 2:28 AM

Dresser is so useful when I just want to quickly change my sim after aging up or to change some ugly sims hairstyle/outfits in town X)
Click sim > Nraas > Dresser > Reroll > Reroll Outfit or Reroll Hair
Lab Assistant
#337 Old 8th May 2020 at 7:51 AM
I wonder if there’s a way to implement calories for different food items, so they make you gain more or less weight. I know there’s something similar in ts4, though I’m not sure how well it works. Right now to avoid gaining weight all you have to do is not feed a sim more food when they’re full, which is pretty easy. But I think having to watch what your sim eats would add some nice realism/challenge to the game. A sim who eats nothing but deep fried chicken and ice cream should gain more weight than a sim who eats salads and grilled salmon.
Field Researcher
#338 Old 8th May 2020 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsie125
Dresser is so useful when I just want to quickly change my sim after aging up or to change some ugly sims hairstyle/outfits in town X)
Click sim > Nraas > Dresser > Reroll > Reroll Outfit or Reroll Hair

Ah, didn't know about this! Sounds excellent!
Field Researcher
#339 Old 8th May 2020 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Doesn't nraas dresser "reroll outfit/hair" serve this function?

Thanks lakme, didn't know about this!
Test Subject
#340 Old 9th May 2020 at 5:05 PM
I wish there was a mod that would let me set custom name generators for different worlds instead of having them override all worlds. Now you can ofc use AnyGameStarter or change the name generator in your overrides folder depending on what world you're playing in. The problem is that you can never have for example the residences of an Asian world and a non-Asian world visit each other using Nraas traveler without having to choose between your non-Asian Sims getting Asian names or vice versa.
Forum Resident
#341 Old 11th May 2020 at 1:10 AM
I REALLY want a mod that adds baking functions to regular ovens. I don't always have room for an oven and a baking station, plus the baking station mesh often messes with the kitchen look I'm going for.
Mad Poster
#342 Old 11th May 2020 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
I REALLY want a mod that adds baking functions to regular ovens. I don't always have room for an oven and a baking station, plus the baking station mesh often messes with the kitchen look I'm going for.

Icarus' Cook Wtih Any Ingredient mod includes that feature.
Test Subject
#343 Old 11th May 2020 at 2:27 AM Last edited by the69er : 11th May 2020 at 2:32 AM. Reason: Forgot last point haha
Im pretty sure most of the mentioned below already exist, but im really new on this modding thing. Even if those didnt exist, i would like to create those mods, but coding is a really hard skill to learn...

- A working sim-appeal system where it depends between a changing fashion style from time to time (something like trending hairs/cloethes/skills that gives more attraction to another sims but the prefferences changes from time to time)
- A truly working economy system (im on economics school right now, so it will be kinda amazing and fun, at least for me)
- A better dating system
- A vast variety of owning business (business you can create, pretty similar to sims 4)
- A real drinking system (where you can get drunk and have some fun consecuenses with real-life debuffs, even illness and stuff. Not like the NRAAS Drinks which it was a pain in the ass)
- More jobs/skills (there is a bunch of mods but just a couple are pretty good)

I was forgotting a mod which it creates better pre-made sims with good looking clothes (which those are picked by the game considering the current sims traits, age, etc), with family bonds (with another pre-made sims and sims already on the world) and concording traits with each other, not a bunch of random choises made just to fill the gaps
Mad Poster
#344 Old 11th May 2020 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by the69er
- A real drinking system (where you can get drunk and have some fun consecuenses with real-life debuffs, even illness and stuff. Not like the NRAAS Drinks which it was a pain in the ass)

There might have been a kinder way to phrase that. But just for the record or whatever, that is one of Ani's mods. It has been entrusted in our care since her retirement from TS3 modding, but it was never an NRaas creation. And yes, dealing with drunk sims and the after-effects can be painful. What more might you have been looking for?

Quote: Originally posted by the69er
- More jobs/skills (there is a bunch of mods but just a couple are pretty good)

Are you familiar with Missyhissy's Job Centre ? Many of her custom creations are outstanding.
Test Subject
#345 Old 11th May 2020 at 3:02 AM
There might have been a kinder way to phrase that. But just for the record or whatever, that is one of Ani's mods. It has been entrusted in our care since her retirement from TS3 modding, but it was never an NRaas creation. And yes, dealing with drunk sims and the after-effects can be painful. What more might you have been looking for?

Are you familiar with Missyhissy's Job Centre ? Many of her custom creations are outstanding.

You're right, it sounded kinda rude, im sorry. I was looking something more fun, like a "fearless" debuff or "confused" where the social interactions can be envolved (like changing interaction names randomly, adding or disabling some stuff while the debuff goes on), or maybe unlock some wild interactions... So yeah, looks like they focus more on the after effects (which the base duration of the effect last 24 hours with 3 drinks. A full grown sim gets wasted a complete day with 3 sips, because sims just takes a sip to get those drinks debuffs. But anyway)

Yeah, im pretty familiar with MissyHissy's work, i have the psicology one, performing arts, event planner, bartender astronomy, accountant.. Those were the ones i was refering previously. Didn't mention them just to avoiding some "copyright" problems (just read on a mod description a guy who was pretty mad about mention his works previously so...)
Mad Poster
#346 Old 11th May 2020 at 3:46 AM
Oh, I forgot about the 3 sips and you're toasted (or "happy" or however you look at it) for 24 hours thing. Ani's mod can be tuned so that the durations of the after-effects can be set much shorter. I think I'm currently using 3/5/8 or something like that. The biggest problem I have with the mod myself is that the effects do not survive a Save (As), Quit, and total reload so when a sim drinks or starts drinking towards the middle or end of one of my sessions, I find myself adding the moodlets back in manually by way of MasterController, at least when I remember to. Most of my game sessions do not span large numbers of sim days.

I guess we're all a bit off our rockers having this game as a hobby in the first place, but I've never heard of a legitimate and rational mod/content developer becoming angry or claiming some bogus copyright issue over the mere discussion of their products. If they don't want them discussed, then they shouldn't have released them to the public or at least that's my view. Maybe there was more to it than that? What can understandably anger a developer is if their mods or the code used for them are offered up or stolen and used in someone else's creations without their permission. We know this has happened/is still happening with NRaas mods for example, and some of them have been monetized by way of monthly subscriptions and Patreon fees. But while we're not exactly thrilled about it, we don't really have any intellectual property claims over them that it would make any sense to pursue either.

Missy is always happy to see her projects talked about on various channels; she's been active on NRaas, not yet as a contributor unfortunately, on and off for years now. She keeps threatening to get into scripting more, so maybe that is still yet to come.
Test Subject
#347 Old 11th May 2020 at 4:32 AM
Oh, I forgot about the 3 sips and you're toasted (or "happy" or however you look at it) for 24 hours thing. Ani's mod can be tuned so that the durations of the after-effects can be set much shorter. I think I'm currently using 3/5/8 or something like that. The biggest problem I have with the mod myself is that the effects do not survive a Save (As), Quit, and total reload so when a sim drinks or starts drinking towards the middle or end of one of my sessions, I find myself adding the moodlets back in manually by way of MasterController, at least when I remember to. Most of my game sessions do not span large numbers of sim days.

I guess we're all a bit off our rockers having this game as a hobby in the first place, but I've never heard of a legitimate and rational mod/content developer becoming angry or claiming some bogus copyright issue over the mere discussion of their products. If they don't want them discussed, then they shouldn't have released them to the public or at least that's my view. Maybe there was more to it than that? What can understandably anger a developer is if their mods or the code used for them are offered up or stolen and used in someone else's creations without their permission. We know this has happened/is still happening with NRaas mods for example, and some of them have been monetized by way of monthly subscriptions and Patreon fees. But while we're not exactly thrilled about it, we don't really have any intellectual property claims over them that it would make any sense to pursue either.

Missy is always happy to see her projects talked about on various channels; she's been active on NRaas, not yet as a contributor unfortunately, on and off for years now. She keeps threatening to get into scripting more, so maybe that is still yet to come.

Yeah, it happen the same to me, switching the duration but after i restart another day it resets, still is a great work (just saying it could be better. Im not a creator bc coding is really hard but if i could i would haha)
It was a large complain about how some guy stole the mod, then another guy use the mod on another mod (it was a skin mod used on a hair mod without giving credits when they post some images showing the mod), then something about someone complaining about his mod... whatever.
Btw thanks to posting the link to Missy's webpage, i saw a post from her asking for mod testers (a old one from feb 2019) and send her a message (had to create an account for that tho). I always wanted to be a beta tester, but a mod tester is kinda similar i think. Hope she replies! (Really thanks for the link, if i made to be a mod tester for her, it will be thanks to you )
Forum Resident
#348 Old 11th May 2020 at 5:42 AM
So, after seeing reports here and there over the years of there being a "Ask to Just Be Friends" option in TS3, I've been ripping my hair out trying to figure out how to make it show up. I FINALLY figured it out. Well, sort of. I've never had it show up the regular way through socializing. I had one of my sims send a breakup text to the other sim, who ended up hating them for it. The next time I had them socializing, it finally showed up and removed the old relationship (ex) status as expected.

Now on to my point lol. Since I know it's actually there now, I really wish there was a mod to make it work like TS4 (whaaat) where you can use it whenever to end relationships amicably. Not every breakup ends with the two involved being ready to fight to the death!

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#349 Old 11th May 2020 at 8:15 PM
Oh, and something else I just thought about today. Something to fix that cheap camera that is added to every Sim's inventory when a certain expansion is installed (I'm thinking it's UL).

Seriously, with the amount of items that can get stuck in a Sim's inventory, WHO at EA thought that would be a good idea?

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#350 Old 13th May 2020 at 7:01 PM
larger UI w/o changing aspect ratio. My eyes get worse every year.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Page 14 of 35