Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2476 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 11:35 PM
I don't use to write in this thread as I always play my own sims but I make an exception. I recently created two (human) sims that I thought looked very handsome and I thought I could as well use them in my game. But a couple of teenagers could be a tricky play and as and thought it would be a good thing to add a more adult sim to the household. I like the Goth's but 4 sims is the maximum that I can handle. So I moved out Cassandra (who is a young adult in this save) and placed her on the lot in Oasis Springs. Here you can see her whit the teenagers Donald and Michelle Qmar. Cassandra looks a little to much like a teenager herself, I have to change that).

Advertisement
Instructor
#2477 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 11:47 AM
I made those townhouses in Britechester larger to accommodate more students with a bit of pushing and pulling out walls and redesigning. They still look the same from the outside but with more windows! I have six students and the two oldies looking after them. There are three student rooms with two in each, extra toilets, bigger dining tables and a study on the top floor with 6 computers. They are all getting skills before trying for the scholarship that you can get if you actually live in Britechester.
I've only left them for a bit so that I can play another family and come back to find two urns inside the front door. My oldies have died so my students have put them in the garden and are currently mourning them. I'll have to get another pair of adults to care for them now.
It seems a good way for them to act as a group as they all go out to the bar and library together and I've just found the skating rink next to the library so they are getting another skill. Several of them have got their scholarships but I'm enjoying them so much that I am reluctant to play the University bit!
Lab Assistant
#2478 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 2:32 PM
Default She Always Jogs Naked. Always.
Some of you may remember my story of Geralt, the child who always walked into circles until he collapses. Small update: he still does that and I don't know why.

Joining him in the pantheon of Oddball Sims is a middle-aged woman from a totally different family. Her name is Dama. She is a football-shaped mother in the Adult stage, happily married to her hubby, she has one Young Adult daughter and Dama is also a grandmother to two kids. They all live in the same house. Dama's not particularly attractive, not flirtatious, not a Romance Sim, but comfortably established in her middle life. Her aspirations are family oriented. Her job is sedate. She is not supposed to be anything more than a support character for her adult daughter's wacky adventures. She's had no affairs and never cheated on her husband.

Yet she always jogs naked. Always.

I don't how many time she's ran past one of my Sims homes, naked. I pause the game, use MCCC to put her in her proper athletic outfit. I also use MCCC to make sure her career outfit isn't borked. I've played her household and edited her entire wardrobe several times. None of her outfits are "nude." But over and over again, she runs through every neighborhood - rich or poor, all the same - streaking away.

I dunno, maybe it's a secret variable in Wicked Whims for streakers. But she's the only Sim out of 100+ played who does this. Baffling.
Scholar
#2479 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 3:38 PM Last edited by Enki : 26th Aug 2020 at 3:39 PM. Reason: fixed image
I'm running my younger sims through uni, but decided to send them to police academy instead of standard college. In between working on their ingame classes they have to complete training sessions that I grade them on: traffic control, bike patrol, de-escalation techniques, cafeteria duty, forencis, protocol writing and first aid.
As a result I finally have more varied grades than F or A+! The cadets range between D and A in my custom classes and two sims missed ingame classes because of my extra training, resulting in them getting a D and a B- in those classes.

Cafeteria duty (yes, that's a gradeable class in my sims world):

They got extra points whenever a non-controlled sim grabbed a plate or cup and the worst cook (the sim who made those donuts) got an A just from those bonus points...

Alice overwhelmed by the instructions in the forensics course: "Why do I of all sims have to have a storyteller player..."

I decided to not grade the bike patrol field day...

...for reasons.

They also have a longterm goal that requires voting in four obnoxious NAPs to cause chaos on campus. At the moment I'm thinking of making this into a challenge, although it would be more of a sims Vs. sims than player Vs. system thing, aka not really challenging.
Mad Poster
#2480 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 4:11 PM
Just some random pictures from my current households

That camping stuff pack is probably my least used one (I don't think my sims have actually gone camping since the year that the pack came out) but damn if I don't at least get some use out of the fire pits

Meanwhile, in another household

Unexpected Grandma death. I don't know why aging was suddenly turned on. I definitely didn't plan on her dying of old age. But it happened....and the timing couldn't have been any worse. This was the first time that the eldest grandchild brought his girlfriend (Lilith Pleasant) home to meet the family.

Nothing like getting high with your wife to help you forget that you just watched your mother drop dead in the kitchen.

Meanwhile.....again.....

Four days after a....very wild night in the realm of magic....Dina Caliente has become the mother of triplets. Carter, Kara, and Karen Caliente. Dina really got around that night and I have no idea who the father is. I could check, of course, but I wanna make a game out of this and guess. We'll see who these kids look like when they get older lol

Meanwhile, I've decided to give her sister a bit of a makeover (well...a second makeover. I had to edit them both when I started playing because the TS4 versions of the Caliente sisters were fucking hideous). Both sisters are in the adult entertainment industry. But while Dina took the typical route of "acting", Nina's gone into the business and production side of things. And she needs a new look to reflect her new, ambitious desire to rise up the corporate ladder and rule the entire industry with an iron fist.

Quote: Originally posted by sonyablue
I dunno, maybe it's a secret variable in Wicked Whims for streakers. But she's the only Sim out of 100+ played who does this. Baffling.

Yeah it might be a WickedWhims thing. I've had some nudity issues with my sims in the past because of it lol

The Receptacle still lives!
Top Secret Researcher
#2481 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 10:16 PM
My sim is working on the science career. Once he reaches level 8 he copies himself. The copied Sims have no ambitions completed, but they have all the skills and reward traits, making it easy to get a whole bunch of lifetime wish points, so the cloned sims can buy the never sleeps, steel bladder, never dirty and the "hardly hungry" traits. I generally don't buy the carefree, never hungry, or needs no one traits.
I mean watching your sim sleep is as boring as watching your sim knit.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#2482 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 2:32 PM
I finally got a computer that can play the games again & wow, have I missed you all.

In my game Bristol, a non-committal tech guru, just adopted a little girl named Sawyer who seethes with anger any time her mother comes around because she once tried to make her go potty after she already used her diaper. Sawyer is clingy though and Bristol is a single mother, so Sawyer cries any time she's left alone then gets mad when Bristol is the one that comes to check on her.

Who was in charge of the sentiment system & why does EVERY daughter I play end up hating their mothers for petty shit? Ugh.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Scholar
#2483 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NaeShelle
I finally got a computer that can play the games again & wow, have I missed you all.

In my game Bristol, a non-committal tech guru, just adopted a little girl named Sawyer who seethes with anger any time her mother comes around because she once tried to make her go potty after she already used her diaper. Sawyer is clingy though and Bristol is a single mother, so Sawyer cries any time she's left alone then gets mad when Bristol is the one that comes to check on her.

Who was in charge of the sentiment system & why does EVERY daughter I play end up hating their mothers for petty shit? Ugh.

Have the Adult Sim click on the toddler sims and under parenting you can reprimand the child for being defiant and then they will go potty without the temper tantrum... LOL you can do this for when the kids make a mess with the paint crap as well. It teaches the kid to have good manners.
Scholar
#2484 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 6:30 AM
Well today my Sim was peeing Fire.... What the hell....... Everytime they used the loo - Fire! - Whatever you do DON'T upgrade the toilet to have compost, apparently that's what makes them pee fire..... LOL i had never seen or even heard about peeing fire until today. When i googled it i was surprised to see it is a thing since Eco Living which i have but never upgraded the loo for compost until today... Thank Goodness my Sim didn't die...
Instructor
#2485 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 7:11 PM
I've found that the best thing about buying a pack when it comes out is that you get to know all this stuff as it gets found out! Much more entertaining than having to catch up when there is no official manual.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#2486 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 1:10 PM
Malcolm bites the dust! I started an integration game where I am planning on combining all the premades into one family, 1 gen at a time. I started with Malcolm & he had married Angela Pleasant. They had 4 kids - Amelia in purple, Maxwell in the suit, both teens. Beatrice & Nick. Nick didn't make it downstairs in time to witness his father die but all the others are now super depressed! Maxwell decided to cook dinner after this and as he had zero cooking skill he started a fire and burned to death!
Next step is to send Amelia off to uni, then I think she'll probably marry Rohan Elderberry. They have been teen sweethearts for a while now....
Screenshots

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Field Researcher
#2487 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 5:11 PM
I must admit, I've had a lot of different things happen in my game and a lot of mod/cc problems while playing the game. But I've never had CAS problems like this.
I downloaded a hat. Well, I guess I didn't download me a hat.

Screenshots
Scholar
#2488 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 6:25 PM
I couldn’t get a pic because it happened SO fast and I was leaving the lot at the same time. But I had to share —- Vlad showed up to my lot during a thunderstorm and he got struck by lightning just before he got to the door.

I left the lot at the exact second he was hit, so I missed stuff happening, but I’m pretty sure he’s dead because he’s never shown up again on any lots and there’s a random townie vampire instead. (wearing the tourist outfit from city living, of all things) I’m hoping to discover Vlad’s tombstone one day somewhere near my lot.
Mad Poster
#2489 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 3:57 AM
Guys. Shit. I don't know what the hell happened but it's been almost 5 years since I gave up on ever liking TS4 and I distinctly recall thinking I'd probably want to revisit it by 2021.

Well....here we are, and I've just had the very dangerous idea of actually wanting to get back into this game again. Origin says I last launched it March 19, 2019 and I believe that was to buy some packs I ended up never even touching once. Wish me luck.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#2490 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Guys. Shit. I don't know what the hell happened but it's been almost 5 years since I gave up on ever liking TS4 and I distinctly recall thinking I'd probably want to revisit it by 2021.

Well....here we are, and I've just had the very dangerous idea of actually wanting to get back into this game again. Origin says I last launched it March 19, 2019 and I believe that was to buy some packs I ended up never even touching once. Wish me luck.

I hope you don't find you are limited to the Legacy Pack but if you do that doesn't get patched, so you could go wild with the Mods.
Mad Poster
#2491 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 9:48 PM
Is the Legacy thing the 32-bit version? Haven't had to worry about that for the best part of a decade but we'll see how it manages to ruin my day this time. Maybe it won't, I can't put anything past EA. Chances are it'll give me exactly what I want for the first few hours and then completely alienate me just as I'm getting comfortable. TS3 does this, only it's fully expected by now. With TS4 I'm never quite sure what's going to go wrong next.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#2492 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 11:04 PM
Yes, the Legacy version is for 32bit or low end computers. You can get it via the Origin Screen.

The minimum specifications have been upgraded a bit lately for the Mac but to really have no lags you have to have at least 8 Gig. Ram. I have 16 Gig. now and it's great. Anything from University on needs a good machine. I had 8 Gig and it still lagged a bit.

These are the ones EA gives but too low in my opinion.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/t...requirements#q1
Top Secret Researcher
#2493 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 12:41 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 24th Jan 2021 at 12:51 PM.
I made a household with two teenagers - a girl vampire and a male spell-caster. They got most of the bases covered between them, the household having the advantages of both spell-caster and vampire.
I get a notice that the vampire was going through a phase. She's doing the "life is horrible" walk. Okay, teenage sims have phases. So what? Buffs in the sims hardly mean anything. Have her drink a Potion of Plentiful needs and walk it off.
I tell the boy to go copy-pasto more Selvadoradian gold plates. He doesn't. Some interaction with vamp is in his the queue. She comes up and BITES him! For a deep drink too! I thought he was gonna die. She wasn't even thirsty cuz plentiful needs. It was just to be mean! I was shocked! Oh the humanity!

Sims are better than us.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#2494 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 4:34 PM
I discovered you can double skill when jogging with a book
Screenshots

Beautiful Dinosaur
#2495 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 3:12 PM
Got my first scared moodlet today! Apparently swimming is scary and enjoyable at the same time....
Screenshots

Instructor
#2496 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 3:57 PM
I've made myself a witch and her cat and built a house for her in Brindleton Bay as, apparently spellcasters have some added functions in the Paranormal Pack. I'm currently decorating her little Tudor style house.

That new Haunted House is going in that world when I get the pack later on so that I can find out how she likes to live in it with the cat.

Top Secret Researcher
#2497 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 4:41 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 31st Jan 2021 at 3:04 AM.
The Third Time My Sim has gotten stuck in Disney Land.
You know! That place, Disney Land. Er... the Magic Kingdom.
Had three sims get stuck in this exact spot. What's up with that.
I had to add a sim to his household (he's a homeless elder sim with no money) just so I could switch to the new sim at his empty home lot and thing use "bring here" to free him.

Edit: Started a new game with the Paranormal stuff pack. I donno about this pack. I had a physics prof who had classes on the "paranormal". This was before Ghostbusters. He was kinda a cross being Drs. Venkman and Spengler. One of the masters students was rabid about this guy, but somehow ended up in this prof's solid state class with me.
Anyway, so far I'm pretty bored with the Paranormal stuff pack.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#2498 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 11:49 AM
Well, I'm still seething about the way sending multiple sims off to a university dorm works (see my post in the thread Stupid Questions About TS4 for greater clarity if you're curious), but I found two super awesome mods by Zero:

University - Required Degree... but for promotions!
https://www.patreon.com/posts/31705811
"With this mod, you will still be able to get into all careers but at some point, the requirements panel will tell you that to advance further, you need a degree."

For someone like me who enjoys things like higher bill mods and struggle/strife, this mod is a dream come true. :lovestruc
No more free rides and constant promotions! And if your sim fails to achieve the highest results (or received their degree from the wrong school) while in Uni, there's a chance that it might come back to bite them down the road. "Yes, you do have a degree in fine arts--but you didn't receive honours." Since you can't try to earn the degree again, you're completely screwed.

Then we have this one:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/university-31624467
University - Harder Distinguished Degree acceptance

This fixes a few things with the EP (such as making the herbolisim skill give a boost to biology), but it mainly makes it far more difficult to obtain distinguished degrees.

Oooh! And one last mod:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/du-villainy-to-46897259
DU - Villainy renamed to Criminology

The title says it all. I might actually let sims get that degree now.

Anywho, so now that I'm running these fantastic mods, I set up a household with two sets of twins (who are actually married to each other). One of the couples are both hardcore athletes (who do not need a degree to succeed), but the other two (Winston and Saki) are studying for degrees in Economics and Fine Arts, respectively. Since I'm not interested in the torturous process of sending multiple sims off to the dorms, they will do all their university stuff at home.

Winston was sort of grandfathered into his career (he was saved in CAS long before I had updated my game and was already level 7 in the Investor track of the Business career), so now he needs a degree from Foxbury to continue up the ladder. The problem is, he's used up most of his vacation days for his first term. If he would chance to lose his job, he might not be able to get back to where he currently is level-wise--unless another degree is earned. Since he's just about nearing the end of his YA lifespan, I am curious to see how this will turn out.

Saki is torn between creating her presentation, writing her term paper, consistently turning in homework and painting elaborate portraits on the side for extra money. The household is sharing an apartment in San Myshuno. Their neighbors are the most wretchedly annoying Rasoya family. I swear, all the apartment of Geeta and Raj does is produce pink hearts and the occasional burst of metal music. Once I found out that they're supposed to be mother and son, I was even more disturbed. No wonder poor Saki is trying to sell as many painting as possible--she wants to be able to afford a home far away from the Rasoya clan!

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Smeg Head
#2499 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
You know! That place, Disney Land. Er... the Magic Kingdom.
Had three sims get stuck in this exact spot. What's up with that.
I had to add a sim to his household (he's a homeless elder sim with no money) just so I could switch to the new sim at his empty home lot and thing use "bring here" to free him.

Edit: Started a new game with the Paranormal stuff pack. I donno about this pack. I had a physics prof who had classes on the "paranormal". This was before Ghostbusters. He was kinda a cross being Drs. Venkman and Spengler. One of the masters students was rabid about this guy, but somehow ended up in this prof's solid state class with me.
Anyway, so far I'm pretty bored with the Paranormal stuff pack.

Have broom, will land in awkward, tight spots. Stuck sims guaranteed. Those plants in your picture actually block routing, unless you mod the footprints on such things - because it's utterly ridiculous that grass and plants would block a sim. Sims who use brooms do generally end up landing in the same place on a lot, as the game sees fit. The game selecting that as the sweet spot for sims who want to land broom and grab a book? Whoops, stuck again. Once you identify the regular landing spots, make sure nothing is there to block sims.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Lab Assistant
#2500 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 2:32 PM
Err...

Screenshots

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Page 100 of 104