Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#401 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 2:11 PM
anyone watching American Crime Story: Versace?

I'm loving it. Darren Criss is awesome.

I didn't know until one of my roommates explained it to me, but the creator of American Horror Story and American Crime Story also created Glee, and it blew my mind lol
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#402 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 10:40 PM
I'm rewatching the Big Bang Theory. I both love and hate it, right now I kinda need to comfort of a laugh track and simple writing.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
#403 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 8:40 AM
I have just finished a Jessica Jones binge, and it was an emotional roller-coaster!

Can't believe how many hours I've spent in the past few days on one TV show. I don't even remember eating!
Test Subject
#404 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 1:04 AM
I'm rewatching Sense8 for the 5th time! I LOVE that show. Oh, and I'm super excited for new episode on Steven Universe tomorrow!
Scholar
#405 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 6:51 AM
I binged watched Marvel's Runaways - which is the only superhero show/movie I've seen and actually liked - and I'm laughing that all of the kids have super powers or abilities or gadgets except the one black kid. All he gets is a gun.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Field Researcher
#406 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 8:03 AM
I am watching Charmed, again.
Mad Poster
#407 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 9:07 PM
Currently, I'm watching my Disney DVD Collection. I only have Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, the Aristocats, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Atlantis: The Lost Empire and its sequel, Atlantis: Milo's Return and Frozen.

About 6 years ago I sold my other films in my collection due to the lingering economic downturn's effect (in Washington State, it took a while for the issue to be fully resolved, but we eventually got hit and we eventually recovered).

Now that I am currently getting into the work force, I can rebuild with any money left over from dues, alloted incidentals and groceries. Once that's done, I can rebuild my collection and besides, I already get head started on my foreign language collection because the standard languages in region 1 are English, French and Spanish. If I can find a gently used copy of one of the Mulan DVDs (the theatrical feature), Mandarin Chinese also.

Yes, linguistics is my thing.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#408 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 4:53 AM
Currently watching the Despicable Me anthology.

Also watching a mix of Japanese superhero children's dramas and their American adaptations.

So far I made it to episode 40 of Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger (The source for the first season of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers). Episode 40 was a retrospect of the battles the Zyurangers fought and it was before an inevitable 2 parter plot point: one of the rangers had been living on borrowed time and his candle, representing the remaining duration of his life went from 30 hours when he started living in the Timeless Room down to 4 hours from stepping into the real world and the Timeless Room will be destroyed if he steps foot outside one more time.

Lately, the moral dilemma for him and his brother is parallel to those living with terminal disease and I can't seem to get away from this type of subject matter of "Do I stay attached to a life extension or do I go fill my bucket list with check marks?" And even "Can I even save those I love or is it a farce to try?"

P.S. I have seen this show before.

I plan on collecting more discs and watching them. However, I have enough media to start a network on TV, but I am already not fond of the FCC and I made it perfectly clear that owning the internet only breaks the flows of commerce at home and abroad.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Test Subject
#409 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 11:54 AM
omg I have a whole list of tv shows I watch or follow- most are on hiatus right now so am currently only watching youtube videos 😁

Obsession level (TV-shows I want to watch as soon as the new episodes air):
Westworld
The Handmaid's Tale
Outlander
Game of Thrones
Doctor Who
(most Netflix shows are here too :3)

TV-shows I follow, but not always watch immediately:
Grey's Anatomy
Madam Secretary
American Horror Story

I probably forgot some, but I usually check Rotten Tomatoes TV Calendar to see when TV-shows are airing and then watch the ones I like
Mad Poster
#410 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 3:36 PM
Desperate Housewives started airing on TV. From Season 1 - how cool is that ? I remember some days when my mum sent me to bedtime because it was past 10 night, though that's when it used to show it. Some days I managed to watch some episodes (fond memories of a one when elderly man died at Lynette's house before his marriage with an elderly woman), but I don't think I seen the series from the very start

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#411 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:43 PM
I watched Ugly Betty all seasons recently. Such an amazing show. Definitely didn't deserve to get cancelled.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Field Researcher
#412 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 1:16 AM
I’ve recently started Frasier again, hadn’t watched it in two years. Currently on season 5.
Forum Resident
#413 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 4:31 AM
I just finished ST Voyager on Netflix, and...wow, "Endgame" is a lame ending. None of the characters' stories are fulfilled -- Voyager comes through the conduit, they go "Welp, we made it," and...roll credits. No tearful renunions with family, no promotions, no bittersweet realization that the family will be going different ways now..compared to DS9's EXCELLENT finale, "What We Leave Behind", Voyager didn't even try.

I'm currently alternating episodes of "The Orrville" and "A Series of Unfortunate Events".
Mad Poster
#414 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 4:39 PM
Gravity Falls...

A must watch. Although it was made by Disney, the way it was written made it look like it wasn't even a Disney property, so much so that it wasn't released on DVD through Disney, but through Shout! Factory, who also released the Zyuranger series and other Super Sentai series show on disc.

The story goes that 12 year old twins Dipper and Mabel Pines are sent from their home in California to Gravity Falls in Central Oregon to spend the summer with their great uncle Stan, a shyster and god awful salesman who turned his house into an oddities museum, where the gift shop souvenirs can run up into the 100s of dollars.

While Mabel is looking to fall in love with a guy during her summer away from home, Dipper uncovers a book with the help of a device hidden in a metal tree. In this journal is information that was once privy to the author and a foreboding message left by the author warns to not trust a mysterious assailant into knowing of the journal.

Amidst the insanity of his family, the fellow employees (Wendy Corduroy, included - his crush) rivals, the town, Dipper has Mabel for back up in his quest to figure out the secrets of Gravity Falls. However, he's not the only person in his family seeking the truth as his Grunkle Stan is usually doing something late at night after punching in a code in the snack machine and going behind it.

I am trying to leave as many spoilers out as this show only ran 40 episodes, 20 per season.

Test Subject
#415 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 9:07 PM
Currently trying to get caught up on Greys Anatomy in time for the new season.. I just started watching last year. I love this show!!

"I hate when I'm an idiot and don't know it. I like being aware of my idiocy."
Mad Poster
#416 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 8:00 PM
The entire Lilo and Stitch saga

A while back I bought the four movies and TV series (The movies were second-hand and sold through Amazon through American sellers, the TV series was released in Japan only with both Original English and Local Japanese tracks which I bought through the entire 4 part complete series through the same seller. I have two region-free player (the one my parents have is one of them) and I have been buying Japanese DVDs since 2010, back before Sailor Moon was going to be redubbed with a hand-picked cast) and I am currently on the first movie.

I have this thing of watching them in story order.

So...

1.) Lilo and Stitch
2.) Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
3.) Stitch! The Movie
4.) Lilo and Stitch: The Series (Box Volumes 1~4)
5.) Leroy and Stitch

Sadly, before I get to the Angel episode, which introduced Stitch's love interest, I get distracted and do a different series. Maybe I should invest time in list making. I got all the time in the world right now.

Field Researcher
#417 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 5:38 PM
I'm so obsessed with Foreign netflix shows it's criminal.

A few of my favorites are: La Casa De Papel, 3%, and Samantha
Mad Poster
#418 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12 - 20th Feb 2016
Re-watching Scrubs. My all time favourite tv show.

And I again, spent the whole of February rewatching Scrubs. It's my "I'm sad, I need something familiar" show...

Test Subject
#419 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 10:19 AM
I've been (im)patiently waiting for season 5 of Black Mirror and The Good Place season 4.
Mad Poster
#420 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 8:52 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Mar 2019 at 9:14 AM.
Sailor Moon - up to the 3rd season (Sailor Moon S) and finished episode 100. The next episode is the first half of a two parter where Usagi is targeted for her Pure Heart. What's more, it happens on her 15th birthday.

Saw this before on R2 Japanese DVDs.

Waiting to see the first half of the 5th and final season (Sailor Moon Sailor Stars) appear for pre-order. I have waited over 20 years to see and hear it with a first time ever English dub. My patience will eventually be paid off.

Mad Poster
#421 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 8:52 PM
Introduced the Fiance to Arrested Development

Mad Poster
#422 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 11:00 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 26th May 2019 at 9:03 PM.
Got back into Jetman (from the Super Sentai series). The 15th series of the Super Sentai series, it was the last series turned down before Zyuranger (16th in series) was accepted to become Power Rangers. Actually, if you were to look at any accounts from people close to SABAN Brands, Haim Saban had spent a good portion of the 1980s trying to bring the Super Sentai series to America. Aside from Midnight Express' jazzed up English dub of Dynaman (8th in series) and Sacramento public television airing Goranger (the 1st in the long line), not to forget KIKU 13 in Hawaii airing of Battle Fever J (3rd of many)

They finally upgraded to two robots that can combine into one super robot (that's good) because the Vyram now have stronger monsters (that's bad) and 3 members survived Hell and back (that's good) but the Vyram will continue to fight back, even if their powers they originally used are no longer functioning... That's bad!

Yes, you may go now. If it sounds like rambling, it's been a long night.

May 26, 2019: Rewatching Sailor Moon from the beginning. Up to episode 44, explaining the distant past during the era of the Silver Millennium Kingdom and the fall of the Moon Kingdom in general. This is an important episode as 45 and 46 are the season finale.

Mad Poster
#423 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 7:07 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 8th Jul 2019 at 7:32 AM.
Watching Season 1 of Rugrats.

For those of you who aren't 1990s kids, Rugrats was the show about toddlers who had interesting adventures from a view point of complete innocence and naïveté.

The majority of the series centered around Tommy Pickles and his toddler friends whose parents were friends before parenthood. One point of contention between Tommy and his friends was his cousin Angelica, who was through his father, Stu's, older brother Drew. Angelica was no angel and would lie to scare the others and would attempt to get away with murder with some of the things she did as a bully. (she usually, if not always got a comeuppance)

Its simple and lack of episodic elements made it very accessible and the show was an original out of the number of shows made between the mid 1980s-mid 1990s where baby\younger versions or counterparts were created of popular characters (Muppet Babies, Tiny Toon Adventures, I'm looking at you two!). The characters were original, originating from a pilot made in 1990.

Worth Mentioning: Chuckie Finster, the pantophobic toddler who partners with Tommy in most adventures, mentioned or is mentioned having an unseen living mother in the episodes "Real or Robots?" And "Special Delivery", which aired as a set in the same half hour in Season 1 before the heartbreaking Mother's Day special, explaining her disappearance.

The lack of episodic elements made it accessible in a way that was like that of those old Looney Tunes shorts where the personality practically was set up and plot was easily set up so you can get to the episode at hand. Not only that, the lack of episodic elements made it less of a obligation to the network and more of an obligation to the viewer to want to tune in and see what they were up to.

Episodic elements didn't get inserted until after the 1997 revival of the series after the 3 year hiatus between Season 3 and Season 4. It was at that point that new characters were in development. Such episodic elements would be a pre-movie TV event that would lead to Didi Pickles being pregnant with Dil so Dil was born in the first movie simply titled "The Rugrats Movies" which featured a few comedians in cameo sized roles and Busta Rhymes, a favorite rapper at the time, provided the voice of the Reptar Wagon and the song "On Your Marks, Get Set, Ready, Go". This would lead to episodes featuring Dil as part of the gang.

A couple years later, the TV events that led to "Rugrats in Paris" would include Grandpa Lou reuniting with a former nurse, whom both met each other during World War II in a hospital and the performance on the autumn float becomes a singing stand off between Angelica and her antithesis, Suzie Carmichael. "Rugrats in Paris" centered around Chuckie's father, Charles Sr., finding a new wife. The owner of the French theme park EuroReptarLand, Coco LaBouche schemes to marry someone with a kid to further her position upward as a member of the ReptarLand family. However, Coco's plan backfire as Chuckie says his first word and it's "NO!". Charles Sr. eventually married Kira Watanabe and her daughter Kimi, who became friends fast with the Rugrats, becomes Chuckie's step-sister. This lead to new adventures with Kimi Watanabe-Finster.

This also leads to the 10th anniversary of the series in summer 2001, which was a highly publicized event due to how much influence and revenue the franchise drew in. The special shown a glimpse of the toddlers in their tween\teen years, which would later serve as a springboard for a spin-off called "All Grown Up" dealing with life in adolescence, their aging parents and the adventures of growing up so fast while enjoying the ride.

The series proper began with Tommy celebrating his first birthday and the last episode aired was of the toddlers wreaking havoc at a party venue.

I'm surprised they didn't do a Reptar cereal tie-up. They should have. Not only that, to plus it further, have Devo reprise the jingle like in the Season 1 episode "Incident in Aisle 7B" and the jingle is not unlike Devo's hit from a while back "Monsterman".

Mad Poster
#424 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 4:38 PM
Just finished Jane the Virgin. I watched the first season when it came out years ago but didn't have a means of watching the next season's. Dunno when it appeared on Netflix but I enjoyed it.

Mad Poster
#425 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Just finished Jane the Virgin. I watched the first season when it came out years ago but didn't have a means of watching the next season's. Dunno when it appeared on Netflix but I enjoyed it.

I love that show! It's such a hoot - the narrator is one of my favorite characters, as is the dad. Still working on the last season.

We just finished The Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. It's a genius show - so layered and amazing how it all ties together. I miss it and am thinking of rewatching it from the beginning.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Page 17 of 21