Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 1:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life
Default 'Invalid File Found' help
I've followed all of the directions to get rid of the 'Invalid File Found' error message but it didn't work for me. I'm not understanding what to do! I've tried every step numerous times but to no avail.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 1:16 AM
I had the same problem and had to reinstall to fix it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 1:41 AM
Wow, that's pretty drastic. Thankfully, I haven't played the game yet on this computer, so I haven't done anything yet.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 2:27 AM
I've reinstalled it and I still have the same problem with the same file, code_version.txt.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 3:35 AM
Exactly what patch are you trying to install?

Suicide hotline... please hold.
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 5:23 AM
You'll find help with technical problems in the Help forums
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 6:44 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • Sims 3 - Uninstall
    This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3.
I had the same issue with the (unchanged) code_version.txt and had to reinstall base game + WA.
Restoring it doesn't work <*shrugs*>. Dunno why and don't care, as long as I could get it fixed...

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.