Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door with glass

by lemoncandy Posted 10th Oct 2009 at 3:58 PM - Updated 29th Dec 2009 at 6:47 PM by lemoncandy

116 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 7:01 PM
I love this door and downloaded it immediately, unfortunetly it doesn't show up in my game.I installed it the same way I do all my other downloads, all of which show up, but this one doesnt. I tried downloading and installing it again, thinking that maybe somehow I messed up in installing it, but when I went to install it it says that it's already there.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#77 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vickig
but when I went to install it it says that it's already there.

*What* says that? Are you using the Install Helper Monkey? That should install it properly I guess. I have no idea what could go wrong.
Are you really sure it doesn't show up? It should appear next to the "Mags' Door" (Build Mode/Doors), with an ugly gray metallic texture.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 4:16 AM
Wonderful job! Thanks for this great idea.

~:: Check out my creations at Casa Sims and at Simnuts Creations ::~
Test Subject
#79 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 3:51 PM
Wow Gorgeous! Thanks a lot, you did a wonderful job!
Forum Resident
#80 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 10:53 PM
Thanks, really pretty!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 1:30 AM
I really love this door. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#82 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 10:36 AM
Thank you =]
Test Subject
#83 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 11:59 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Please do more!
Test Subject
#84 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 12:29 AM
Great idea...thank you
Test Subject
#85 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 8:01 PM
it looks great can't wait to see it in my game...I also hated the maxis stencil door.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#86 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:57 PM
Not sure if this is opportune to post, but I made a fix for the missing light; it's available here.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#87 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 5:05 PM
il est parfait! i too require a nice glass-panelled door so thanks so much. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#88 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 8:09 AM
Neat-O! My patios thank you
Alchemist
#89 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 6:20 PM
WAY better then that EA thingy! thanks
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 7:00 AM
Default Nice work
This is cool.. Its the closes thing to what I been hunting the web for. I was wondering can this be made with a round arch like curve at the top instead of a square? Like taking the long Colonial window and making it into a door. or just taking the top shape of the Colonial window and adding it to your door?

P.S. please dont think me rude for asking I just really would like a door such as this but I have not seen it anywhere and I was not sure It could be done.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#91 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 9:31 PM
I like this door, except for one thing; the texturing. If I want my doorframe white, but the color of the door red, this doesn't work out so well. Or if I want the interior to be one color, but the exterior another, this also doesn't work. The first channel recolors one side of the frame and the horizontal slats, while the fourth channel recolors one side of the door and the vertical slats. EA's doors with 4 channels works slightly differently: 2 channels color the frame, 2 color the door, including any slats. (I took a picture to explain a little better). I used the same color and same areas of the door to show what I mean. I think the channels for each side of the interior part of the door should color that side of the slats as well. I don't mind using the door if I want one that is all the same color inside and out, but otherwise I have to go without it, which makes me sad because it really is lovely.
Screenshots

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#92 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 2:53 PM
I love it! Thanks! xD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 12:59 AM
Just about time. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#94 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:17 PM
Does this door suffer from the windows-crash-the-game issue from updating to 1.17?
Field Researcher
#95 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 7:40 PM
can you update this door? it's really nice and I want to use it
Test Subject
#96 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 3:53 AM
Tested this door in game and it seems to have the same problem with the new patch caused my game to crash hope it gets updated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 3:33 AM
Nice, simple and nice. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 26th May 2011 at 10:44 PM
Thank you, it's the futur door in my game !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 3:45 AM
finally ive been hooing that EA would come out with a game update and give us a door like this but your mad scientist experteeze works too!! ---- thanks
Instructor
THANKS POST
#100 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 4:25 PM
My favorite door!!! Thank you soooo much!
Page 4 of 5