Replies: 4527 (Who?), Viewed: 149273 times.
Page 180 of 182
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4476 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 1:13 PM
Where do lost bowls go? Is it the same place as lost socks?

I ordered new 'leftover' bowls with lids yesterday with our grocery order. Many of the leftover bowls we had were plastic and were looking pretty gross due to staining that eventually doesn't come out. While I was in that cabinet, I decided to clean out the glass bowls as well. Usually the glass bowls with lids stay in the house. I use them for things like when I open a can of tomato paste, but don't use the whole can, soak beans in them, you get it. I ended up with 9 lids with no bowls. Since those bowls were round and leaving the house anyway as round things in cabinets take up more space, I matched as many bowls as I could with lids and stuck them in the now full donation box. Any bowl that didn't have a lid also went in the box as there was nothing wrong with them, they just didn't have a lid.

We're down to 2 plastic leftover bowls. Once those get destroyed, I'm not replacing them. Peeps in the house are going to have to figure out how to be nice to bowls if and when they pack a lunch.

Other things I've discovered: I'm allergic to the shampoo I was using. Many of the cheaper shampoos on the market contain things like nickle. Since making the switch, I'm no longer breaking out or having a constantly itchy head. Along those lines, my skin also rejected the hand soap I was using. They've been red and cracked all summer. I changed that and for the time being, the red and cracked is gone. I always have this problem during the winter regardless of what I wash my hands with.

I tried ordering a Lily Brush for the rug downstairs. I thought I'd do myself a favor and get all the dog fuzz and whatever else the vacuum cleaner misses out of the rug before I clean it next time, or vacuum for that matter because the vacuum cleaner sucks, no pun intended. The brush arrived yesterday and is on its way back. The handle is bent rendering the brush completely useless. It didn't get bent during shipping, the shipping box was fine. The asshole at the Amazon warehouse that packed it either bent it or just shoved the defective brush in the box.

Lily Brushes come in various sizes, the one I tried to order was this one https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Detai...29805726&sr=8-5 I'm not having Amazon send me a replacement, I can't bothered at this point. It would be easier just to get a new vacuum cleaner that actually does something.
Test Subject
#4477 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 5:28 PM
My neighbors won't let me sleep; I've been sleeping 5 to 6 hours a day for a week. They literally woke me up today banging the wall, I've been up ever since.
I hate them so much; I hate them like I've never hated anyone. I'm quite sure they do this on purpose for they want us out of the building.

Man, living in a poor country sucks. This is what you get when you are a workaholic and everyone around you is an alcoholic. Picture this: you're trying to read a book at any giving time in the day, suddenly someone decides to use his ignorance and drags his wooden chair across a room. Or imagine that you're sleeping like any NORMAL human being would do and an uneducated child (literally he doesn't go to school, for they are that poor) decides to start playing on their concrete floor.

We'll be out of this place in 2 years to come, but it's been a nightmare so far. Every now and then I get impressed by the amount of effort I put into ignoring them while studying, writing, creating something or whatnot. And to think I have to use ear plugs 15 hours a day.

My life is somewhat inhuman.
Mad Poster
#4478 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 6:42 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 24th Aug 2021 at 9:43 PM.
I'm looking into something that caught my eye. I have the money, but it's not in my account. I usually work with cash and earned $56 for various agreements worked out.

I found 7 brushes\combs as my hair is getting pretty long. The ends are damaged from constantly coloring the hair.

Last time, my hair was cherry red (think Ariel from the 1989 animated Disney "The Little Mermaid"). But I have mainly coffee brown hair (my natural color) with latte colored tips due to fading from showering and bathing and constant trims from split ends. So essentially, it grew out and faded away

I have some grays as my age is showing that I am not the rambunctious monster gamer I was when I was a teenager. Seriously. I was going gray as a teenager on my limbs and it took 15-20 years for my head to catch up? What the fuck is wrong with me?

No matter, coloring my hair can wait. I plan on growing it out past my butt or maybe I'll let it hit the floor.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4479 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 1:06 PM
Is it too much to ask to have a day with no drama? The house is quiet, there's nothing happening here. However, my inbox has a little special nugget in it.

I ordered a new mop from a local store a few days ago after the O' Cedar bucket wringer decided that it did not want to wring mops any more. The order for the new mop was picked up the day it was ordered. However, because of corporate brain farts and nobody is willing to fix their stuff, I have a email telling me to pick up my order, or they're going to cancel it. Why am I getting threatening emails for something that was dealt with days ago? The order has been paid for, I didn't scam them out of money, I didn't use the mop then return it with my floor filth, ect...

I called the store. They verified that the order had been picked up and told me to ignore these emails. I've been told this before by this same company. I continued to get the same emails for the same situation that had been dealt within 2 days for 3 weeks. I had to tell them that if they didn't stop spamming my inbox, I wasn't going to order from them any more. I had to go there before the problem was solved. The problem wasn't at my end, it was on theirs. Their computer system kept auto-generating said emails because I didn't do what they wanted. Also their fault because nobody likes a contract filled with shady things.
Mad Poster
#4480 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 3:54 PM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 27th Aug 2021 at 7:03 PM.
Didn't we have a vent thread? Or am I thinking of a different forum...?

Anyway.
I'm annoyed.
So for months I questioned my work about the covid guidelines requiring at 28 weeks pregnant, for my job to either find me another role or put me on medical suspension. My boss has always shrugged it off, she seems to know nothing, that probably won't happen etc

Yesterday, my midwife told me thats still the rule. She pointed me to the website containing the guidelines. So I've found the guidelines last night but I can't seem to get a hold of her today to find out if I need to print anything out for my employer? Because I feel like I can't just go in and say "This is the guidelines" because this is what I've been saying for... 6 months?... I'm not going to be able to get hold of her (or even my employer) until Monday, and I'm 28 weeks on Tuesday Everything seems so rushed and I feel like I'm not gonna get the appropriate support. I'm going to print off the guidelines, highlighting the important parts, and just kinda hope for the best.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4481 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 4:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
Didn't we have a vent thread? Or am I thinking of a different forum...?

You're fine. The Vent thread was deleted awhile ago. Since then, everybody has been using the following thread to 'vent' in although there isn't any hard rules about it. https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=633466

I hope you're able to sort things out soon. Trying to deal with this Covid stuff is hard enough, being pregnant on top of it can't be easy. Remember to take care of you.
Mad Poster
#4482 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 6:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
You're fine. The Vent thread was deleted awhile ago. Since then, everybody has been using the following thread to 'vent' in although there isn't any hard rules about it. https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=633466

I hope you're able to sort things out soon. Trying to deal with this Covid stuff is hard enough, being pregnant on top of it can't be easy. Remember to take care of you.

Oooh! Why did it get deleted? I swear it was on Volume 4.

Just realised its Bank Holiday on Monday so my boss won't be in. So. Guess I'm just gonna roll up to work on Tuesday not knowing whether I'll be sent home or not

Mad Poster
#4483 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 7:02 PM
Quote:

Mostly it's more for disappointed moments than outright venting. Like say, you finally finished a project, only for it to fall apart.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4484 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 7:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
Oooh! Why did it get deleted? I swear it was on Volume 4.

Just realised its Bank Holiday on Monday so my boss won't be in. So. Guess I'm just gonna roll up to work on Tuesday not knowing whether I'll be sent home or not

It was deleted over politics and junk. You didn't miss anything.

There is nobody else that can tell you whether you should be there or not? It doesn't seem fair to show up only to be told to go home.
Mad Poster
#4485 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 8:38 PM
Quote:
It was deleted over politics and junk. You didn't miss anything.

There is nobody else that can tell you whether you should be there or not? It doesn't seem fair to show up only to be told to go home.

Ah.

Nope. Nobody useful will be in until Tuesday. And not until 3 hours into my shift. Its only a 6 hour shift on Tuesdays so I don't really mind doing the whole shift, but not knowing if its my last day at work until next year, or whether I have all the right documents is gonna be a nightmare. I'm pretty sure my boss doesn't want me on medical suspension despite covid guidelines - we're down staff right now because we're a red service. Which is even more of a risk to me.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4486 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 1:51 PM

This is a screenshot of what hurricane Ida is predicted to look like tomorrow. She's mean and if I'm being honest, looks a lot like Irma. The outflows are not quite as sawblade-ish, but they're getting there.

I'm not allowed to say what I'm really thinking, but I was actually left speechless this morning after reading a news article surrounding Ida. I'm complete and total broken record when it comes to hurricane season. I'm by no means a expert on them, but I do know the damage and problems they cause. I've been dealing with them and living through them for as long as I can remember. My parents still cannot say hurricane without a stutter. The scars from Harvey are real and exist.

When a person sees something like this coming towards them and they have 3 or so days to pack up and get out of the way, they should do that. When a person lives in what is essentially a bowl and is being told that storm surge ( this is water that sits on top of dry ground) could be anywhere from 10-20 plus feet, with winds upwards of 140 MPH, people seriously need to get out of the way. No amount of ranting and swearing on Twitter is going to help. Hanging signs made from plywood telling Ida to go away also isn't going to do anything.

I'm really hoping that all the predictions surrounding this situation are going to be wrong, but I don't think so. I will never understand why people think these things are a joke. There is nothing funny about them. What makes me even more crazy is people can see them coming. They're not like a tornado or earthquake, there is no surprise. Sometimes they wobble, sometimes they're not as mean as predicted but they still do damage and kill people. All it takes is 6 inches of water to make a car float off somewhere rather than where the driver wants want to be. Ugh!

On a lighter note, the highlight of my day will be when my new trash cans arrive. Last year I bought a couple small 'stainless steel' trash cans with lids as I thought, they're stainless steel, I'll have them forever. Like with everything else I bought last year or so it seems anyway, forever apparently is only about a year as the tops of them are rusty. Even though I don't put food wrappers or anything like that in them, I do wipe the tops down when I clean my office, ect... I don't use anything crazy on them, usually it is the Method Glass and Surface cleaner that I'm finally to the end of or something like it.

The new cans are plastic, they also have lids to keep the dogs out of them. Jingle isn't particular about what she chews on and will look for things. Even the dog toy baskets I also bought last year were not spared. Instead of playing with the toys, she destroyed the toy basket downstairs and has been gradually destroying the on sitting on the floor behind me.

The above screenshot is from storm chaser, Jeff Piotrowski. He's staying in Louisiana for Ida before trotting back to Oklahoma. Every hurricane he chases, there is a group of people who call themselves "Team Blue Shed". It is a reference to a tiny blue shed that managed to survive at a car wash in Texas during hurricane Harvey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vers7yhJLWU
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4487 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 12:45 AM
Quote:

This is a screenshot of what hurricane Ida is predicted to look like tomorrow. She's mean and if I'm being honest, looks a lot like Irma. The outflows are not quite as sawblade-ish, but they're getting there.

I'm not allowed to say what I'm really thinking, but I was actually left speechless this morning after reading a news article surrounding Ida. I'm complete and total broken record when it comes to hurricane season. I'm by no means a expert on them, but I do know the damage and problems they cause. I've been dealing with them and living through them for as long as I can remember. My parents still cannot say hurricane without a stutter. The scars from Harvey are real and exist.

When a person sees something like this coming towards them and they have 3 or so days to pack up and get out of the way, they should do that. When a person lives in what is essentially a bowl and is being told that storm surge ( this is water that sits on top of dry ground) could be anywhere from 10-20 plus feet, with winds upwards of 140 MPH, people seriously need to get out of the way. No amount of ranting and swearing on Twitter is going to help. Hanging signs made from plywood telling Ida to go away also isn't going to do anything.

I'm really hoping that all the predictions surrounding this situation are going to be wrong, but I don't think so. I will never understand why people think these things are a joke. There is nothing funny about them. What makes me even more crazy is people can see them coming. They're not like a tornado or earthquake, there is no surprise. Sometimes they wobble, sometimes they're not as mean as predicted but they still do damage and kill people. All it takes is 6 inches of water to make a car float off somewhere rather than where the driver wants want to be. Ugh!

On a lighter note, the highlight of my day will be when my new trash cans arrive. Last year I bought a couple small 'stainless steel' trash cans with lids as I thought, they're stainless steel, I'll have them forever. Like with everything else I bought last year or so it seems anyway, forever apparently is only about a year as the tops of them are rusty. Even though I don't put food wrappers or anything like that in them, I do wipe the tops down when I clean my office, ect... I don't use anything crazy on them, usually it is the Method Glass and Surface cleaner that I'm finally to the end of or something like it.

The new cans are plastic, they also have lids to keep the dogs out of them. Jingle isn't particular about what she chews on and will look for things. Even the dog toy baskets I also bought last year were not spared. Instead of playing with the toys, she destroyed the toy basket downstairs and has been gradually destroying the on sitting on the floor behind me.

The above screenshot is from storm chaser, Jeff Piotrowski. He's staying in Louisiana for Ida before trotting back to Oklahoma. Every hurricane he chases, there is a group of people who call themselves "Team Blue Shed". It is a reference to a tiny blue shed that managed to survive at a car wash in Texas during hurricane Harvey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vers7yhJLWU

HOLY CRAP!

I saw it make landfall a few hundred miles inland in the projection. Stay safe!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4488 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 1:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
HOLY CRAP!

I saw it make landfall a few hundred miles inland in the projection. Stay safe!

I'm not anywhere near Ida; I'm north of New Jersey. I'm just watching this nightmare unfold.

People are crazy. Nothing good is going to come from people staying in RVs in 140 MPH sustained winds...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4489 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 9:14 PM
Clean up one mess only to make another.

I spent this morning downstairs in our 'prepper pantry' ( it is a room we don't use for anything other than storage of food with a shelf life, books, cleaning supplies, ect...) that I started last year. The room was starting to look like a dumping ground and I needed to go through what food was left to check expiration dates. The only things I had to toss was some flour and a can of baking powder. I'm not surprised by either after figuring out that I have a wheat / gluten allergy. The only other stuff down there that I bought last year is soup and that will be eaten once the weather cools off. A night or two of soup and grilled cheese sandwiches and that will be gone.

Now it is on to figuring out what to do from here. I now know that we can have a bigger stash of food in the house with little waste, and grocery shopping has turned into a royal pain in the butt yet again. Last week I had to order from 3 different places because I couldn't find everything under 'one roof'. Having to do this is turning into a real drag as I have to meet minimum spending order amounts to avoid delivery/ shipping costs and sometimes I don't always need to spend the 'minimum'.

I've been watching YT vids lately where people buy groceries for a year. They only go to the store for things like veggies, fruit, milk and so on. I don't know if I'm willing to commit to that, but the idea is lucrative and this isn't the first time I've considered doing this. It would save me a lot of time, headaches, not having to keep track of what I ordered from where, when a order will be in if it is going to be shipped, blah, blah, blah. We wouldn't be spending nearly the amount those people do as there is only 3 people in the house, we don't keep junk food around, and we don't need things like diapers, and the other things those people buy that we don't need or use such as fabric softener or dryer sheets. Paying for it wouldn't be a issue as we don't go anywhere, we don't order out, cut TV and all the other things that often sponge money from pockets. We spent weeks getting the yard straightened out, so I won't be spending any more money on that this year. I can't buy more plants for inside as the ones I have are starting to take over, we replaced the washer and whatever else needed to be replaced, like the the curtains that feel apart in the wash. We pay bills, have food in the house, and feed / take care of pets. Exciting spending habits, nope!

If this is something I'm going to do, I need another storage rack. Not a big deal, they're easy to find and are not expensive. I just need to stop waffling and either commit to the idea or not. I probably wouldn't do a full year, but it would be for a months worth anyway. Or I could tackle it piecemeal fashion and buy things by category. One week load up on household stuff such as dish liquid, trash bags, general cleaner and so on. The following week I could do pantry stuff such as pasta, sauces, condiments, ect... I'm not going through the list, you get the idea. I wouldn't be doing this for freezer stuff as I don't have enough room. We have the regular freezer with the fridge and the chest freezer we have is small.

Waffle, waffle, waffle....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4490 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 9:51 PM
I finally decided to lean into the prepper pantry thing. It gives me something to do, think about and has nothing to do with sims. I need a break from those kinds of conversations...

I have a storage rack coming in about a hour or so, then I spent about 3 hours this morning comparing prices on things between three stores. It would have been four, but I still don't like Walmart due to how they spent a few years treating me like crap, so I stuck with three. The big box store I have a membership with, Target and Amazon. Full disclosure, I've never thought about ordering grocery-type things from Target. I know they sell them, it just never occurred to me to do that. I can thank a person that has been a prepper for many years for making that click in my brain.

The big box store had next to nothing I was looking for. Amazon is showing their true colors by trying to convince the masses that it is perfectly normal to spend almost $30.00 for 12 packs of instant potatoes. We don't normally eat instant potatoes, I was looking for things that only required water or a few ingredients to keep in long term storage in the event of the power going out or whatever. Nobody in their right mind should be spending $30.00 on instant potatoes. I bought 10 packs for .55 cents each on Target's website. If it ends up being that we don't need them depending on the expiration date, we'll eat them or donate them.

This is the first of many orders that will be made over the next couple of months. I did order more than instant potatoes; Target has a minimum of $35.00 to avoid shipping. This is still better than the $60 at my big box store and grocery store I order from. I digress. I'm not going to try to have everything in the house all it once. Rome wasn't built in a day, a food stash isn't built that way either. I ended up on a YT channel last night where the couple had 13 kids and a year's worth of food. It took her almost a year to get there, so unless I'm willing to plunk down a big chunk of cash to get from where we are to that point ( I'm not willing to do that) I'm just going to enjoy the process and spend a lot of time looking for sales, price comparing, ect...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4491 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 2:25 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 3rd Sep 2021 at 4:47 PM.
I'm doing boring adulting things like paying bills and creating a new a budget. It was ironic paying the ridiculous electric bill while the heat was on as it was 52 degrees outside when I got up. Next month's bill should be considerably less ridiculous as I'm back to hanging laundry to dry sans towels and sheets. I don't like crunchy towels and don't have a clothes line for sheets. When I wash dog / bird blankets and the weather is decent, I hang them over the fence or sides of the dog kennel. Not cute to look at, but it gets the job done.

Air conditioning is always stupidly expensive, I don't not envy people that have big houses as they come with big heating and cooling bills. Adding to my stupid air conditioning bill is the fact that 2 of the air conditioners we have are over 5 years old. They have been having to work extra hard this year on the swampy days, it is time for them to be replaced. I might be able to score one on sale this year, it isn't likely I'll find two. Regardless of what I find, which ever one ends up being replaced, the old one will go out to the curb with a free sign on it, somebody will take it. As long as something works, there is no reason to pay the recycling fee for it.

Other than that, I continue to work on the grocery bill thing. I've been watching a YT channel called TheQueensCabinet for inspiration. She's actually the person that planted the bug in my ear about having extra food in house last year or maybe even the year before; what is time. She lives in upstate NY which means they get a lot more snow then we do during the winter due to lake effect snow storms, hence why she stocks up the way she does. She doesn't like trying to push full grocery carts around over slush, snow and ice, I don't blame her for that.

In one of her videos from 2017 or 2018, she talks about having a budget of $400.00 a month. She broke that down to $40.00 per person, per week, but the math doesn't work. 40 x 4 ( weeks)= 160. I think there are 4 people that live in her house, so that would be come out to be $640. Regardless of the math error, that is her budget for groceries plus any household stuff. So if they need things like towels, those are included in that budget for the month. I've always treated household things as their own entity, so I'm going to try it her way with less money as there are less people. The only thing I need to keep in mind is pet food. A 20 pound bag of dog food is $30.00. I could buy cheaper dog food, but that would mean Chica having explosive diarrhea and vet bills. I'd rather pay $30.00 than $80.00 for vet visits. The food I buy for the birds is around $60.00. It lasts them a few months and I keep it in the fridge to prevent bug issues. Food for chins is around $25.00, and I always keep a bag in the freezer downstairs. I'm no longer buying pellets and hay nearly as often because it's only chins eating them instead of the chins and a rabbit. Anyway, according said video, any cash that is left over at the end of the month is rolled into the next month's budget.

The following is a made up situation just to show what I'm talking about. If she spent $300.00 for the month of August, she would have a additional $340.00 for the month of September to spend, use towards stocking up on things, save for something else...whatever. Not all months are the same and things happen, but doing things that way could leave a person with some serious cash at the end of a year if they saved it.

I don't think anybody cares about this stuff, but I find how people spend / save interesting. I'm always looking for ways to improve.

EDIT: Let the savings begin. I put all pet food on autoship which meant I shave off about $30.00 per month for pet food, and that's assuming I order every month. If I don't need something, I'm not going to order it.
Mad Poster
#4492 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 12:22 AM
Well, I have come to a very important decision to help my mother with her Etsy shop and my father with his leg.

Come to think about it, my grandfather is another to take care of. I may not be Chub or Bunt, but he knows how to outfox me and my cousins.

(Foxy Grandpa was a newspaper comic in the early 1900s and a grandfather would play pranks on his two grandsons. Look it up in Wikipedia.)

Mad Poster
#4493 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 7:27 PM
Got my tablet, but it needs an HDMI port. For now, I can practice my shapes and coloring on one screen only.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4494 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 12:45 PM
FYI to anybody that orders from Target: If you want most or all of your order to show up in the least amount of boxes possible, try to opt for a later shipping date, if you can.

There has been a uptick online of people questioning what Target is doing with their orders. A simple order that should arrive in a box or two is being broken up into several boxes. I can confirm this as they're doing this to me as well. I have two orders coming, one from last week and another from the week before. They have broken these orders up so that when all is said and done, I'm going to end up with over 8 boxes to unpack. The biggest / most bulky thing I ordered was a bucket for one of the new mops I bought a couple of weeks ago. The mop head is a little over 12 inches long and currently I don't have a bucket that long which makes using said mop a PITA unless I use the kitchen sink or the tub. Does a jar of pickles need it's own box? I don't think so, but they seem to think differently about it or they're just grabbing whatever they can get from whatever warehouse.

Sticking with the shopping theme, bananas continue to be problematic. I bought 2 bunches of bananas last Wednesday, the ends of them were on the cusp of turning into black mush by Saturday. I already have enough mushy bananas in the freezer so they were pitched before fruit flies became a issue. I removed the bananas from this weeks order and replaced them with other stuff only to have most of the other stuff not put in the order because apparently people are hoarding things like cotton rounds. I guess I'll putting the cotton rounds in my next Target order so they can ship them to me in their own box.

For a long time I used to ask "What is normal?" in jest. Now I ask that question, I mean it because there is nothing normal about a lot of things these days. This goes well beyond Target sending me upteen boxes for 2 orders that should have arrived in 2 or maybe 3 boxes.

Mad Poster
#4495 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 10:06 PM
Trying to keep myself busy with wedding prep so I don't have to think about my emergency scan tomorrow (baby hasn't grown in 2 weeks, but otherwise seems healthy).

We've finally picked out a colour theme (pinks, greens and grey), what our cake will look like, centrepieces, invitations etc. Theme seems to be a whole lot of floral and slightly rustic. I like plants so. I was actually hoping for succulents but wow expensive, so I've settled for pink and grey roses, with some ivy thrown in. I managed to get bride, bridesmaid and flower girl bouquets second hand (better for the environment, but I did want real flowers. But again, wow expensive).

Bridesmaids haven't responded to me for their share of the money for the bachelorette "party" (dinner and a nice hotel). So. Hopefully I can get that booked ASAP when they do because I can't afford the upfront payment and them to pay me back but theres only 1 room available for booking and all other weekends in October are booked. But they all pretty much ghost the group chat and I have to mither them personally. Which is super fun.

Then theres my dress which needs to be altered at the back because I really want a corset style back being that my weight is gonna be all over the shop postpartum so that seems like the easiest option. Super good idea to get married 13ish weeks after giving birth lmao.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4496 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 1:29 PM
Thinking about a number of things. Some are good, others not so much.

The veggie and fruit situation continues to be a problem. I bought 5 peppers when I put in a grocery order the other day as the bags of peppers have been nasty. My plan was to use a couple for a sheet pan meal and the others for turkey chili. That didn't work out as the peppers that were delivered were all wrinkled and needed to be used ASAP. I'm done with buying these things from chain grocery stores / big box stores. I also canceled the veggie box delivery thing I signed up as I suspect their stuff isn't going to be any better. I could have cut up the peppers I bought and stuck them in the freezer, but I didn't do that. I was beyond annoyed so I just used them up.

I refuse to only eat things out of a cardboard box or plastic bag, so I'm going to try getting veggies and things from a small, mom and pop owned grocery store. Fruit and veggies costs a little more, but that's okay. We're headed into the middle of the month and we're good with the new budget thing I've been trying. I'll actually have cash to roll over into next month. It won't be a lot, but it's progress and will only get better. That and we're only going to be eating seasonal, so I won't get stuck paying $6.00 for a tomato bowl, mini watermelon, ect... There is going to be a lot of sweet potatoes and those kinds of things in our immediate dietary future for the winter.

As mentioned, the new way of budgeting is working well; better than I expected. I've tried the envelope thing, hated it. For awhile I was doing the spreadsheet thing, ended up hating that even more as it meant being glued to the computer to put numbers in. This set it and 'forget it' doesn't require envelopes, or more time sitting in front of the computer. I buy something, deduct the amount spent. It can't get be much easier than that, although I could see how some people could get into trouble with it. Some people might be inclined to spend the total amount for the month quickly which could end up leaving themselves short towards the middle or end of the month.

In thinking about money related things, it is time to lean into paying off the house. I don't spend a lot of time with my nose in the news, but when I do scan headlines lately, I'm getting nothing but bad mojo vibes and that's just local stuff. It could be just the media being the media, but I don't care. I'm tired of paying people that I don't like. Paying off a house or debt ( the only debt we have is the house) is not a fast thing, it happens at turtle speed, but if putting $100.00 towards principle every month for 12 months, that is $1,200.00 in interest they won't be getting from me. I don't know if it will be $100.00 or not, I'm just using that as a example. To help keep this in front of my mind, I've been hanging out with people on YT channels that are also tired of paying the people of their mortgage companies. They also do money challenges such as low spend / no spend months, ect...

Next month I want to do a low spend challenge so that will something to look forward to. In terms of the grocery shopping, nothing there should change as I've only been stocking up on things that are on sale. If I can get a few cans of beans for .75 cents each, I'm going to do it. Jingle will have to go to the groomers by the end of next month. That will technically 'break the rules'...whatever. I'm not having my dog turn into a matted mess because people want to be purists. If I really feel compelled to compensate somehow, I can toss in a few no spending days although that wouldn't be for me so much as it would be for Dingus. He isn't happy if he doesn't get his 700 calorie liquid coffee bomb which are nothing but sugar with a few waves of a coffee pot just so he can say he bought coffee.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4497 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 2:16 PM
I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with Target. I mentioned in a previous post that they are breaking up orders and sending them out piecemeal. That plan of action didn't work out so well. According to Fed Ex, there is no pending delivery date for half of a order I placed that should have been delivered a week ago. Instead of going through the headache again, I opted for a refund.

They didn't give me a hard time and what I ordered I don't need right now, it was a stock up order. To prevent this problem in the future though, I'll only be placing small orders with them. I'll order up to the minimum, wait for the order to arrive, place a new order...wash, rinse, repeat. The money from the refund will be rolled back into the cash I can spend for the month.

Other than that, things are quiet. Chica has her physical today since I forgot about her appointment last month and Miss Jingle had a bath. I don't know why she was stinky, but she isn't any more. I washed dog blankets yesterday thinking that was the problem and it may have been part of it especially with the bouts of rain we've had, but she still needed a bath. She gets to smell like coconut for the next day or so.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4498 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 1:54 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 12th Sep 2021 at 2:07 PM.
I saved $100 yesterday; I'm pretty proud of it.

In my quest to reign in the grocery bill so I can pay off the house sooner, I decided to put the advice of "only shop from the first page of the sales flyer" to use. I didn't think that this wouldn't work as it is only the first page that actually has stuff on sale, but I didn't expect instant results. Prior to doing this, I had a $120.00 order with the grocery store that we've been using for deliveries, and a $60.00 order with the big box store that also delivers.

I canceled both of those orders and put in a order with the place we're buying veggies from. We found out why their stock is so much better; they're spending more so they don't end up with rotting bananas sitting on their shelves, ect... They're not Whole Foods level where people spend $5.00 for a onion, but they do put in extra effort to make sure their customers are not being screwed over by somebody else.

Anywho, I bought everything I had planned on from the other grocery store, and skipped 2 non-essential things on the list from the big box store. The order would have been even cheaper had I not decided to double up on some things and they beef stew meat on sale. In the end, all of it still came to under $100.00. Helping with this is A) they don't have a minimum B) we're going to pick up from that store as Dingus can pick it up after work. If we have a week were we don't need much, they can deliver to him at work. The store is less than 10 minutes away with $6.95 delivery fee if he doesn't want to deal with going in the store. We have a rule about that: If the store is a total shit show and crowded, we say NOPE!

If anybody is having issues with food prices and wants to bring it down a notch, try the advice I used, then meal plan around what is purchased plus whatever else you already have. In my neck of the woods, the only things where prices have really risen (aside from out of season fruit and veggies which is typical. Stores have to pay more to import...) is for pre-packaged stuff which we don't eat. I'm not going to spend $10.00 on chicken nuggets, TV dinners, and what not. If we want things like french fries, I chunk up potatoes and put them in the air fryer. They taste better and are not covered with sunflower oil and other crap that keeps those kinds of things 'fresh'.

I also keep cooking simple. Cut stuff up, toss it in the crock pot or Instant Pot. I will never talk about how I made homemade mac and cheese using a recipe from Food Network were they tell people to use 5 kinds of cheese. I'm exaggerating, but if you've read some of their recipes, you know what I mean.

If I can have weeks of only spending $200.00 a month for food and household things, this is a worthy goal and would help me out considerably when it comes to paying off the house.
Mad Poster
#4499 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 6:46 PM
Bored.
In this room alone. Ran out of work to do. Finished reading the only book I brought with me. Almost no Internet data left on my phone. 1 hour and 15 minutes to go.
At least I'm getting paid.

Mad Poster
#4500 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 1:00 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 15th Sep 2021 at 3:23 AM.
Sleeping, crying...long evaluation intake phone calls are killing my soul.

I find myself taking naps after the 2 hour phone calls from CT and my case manager, whose first language was Spanish and she was worried I wouldn't understand her thick accent. (I worked in Latin American influenced regions where various dialects of Spanish were spoken and was taught Spanish as my second language as a small child, so this wasn't a big deal.)

I had been working on the Day Hospital program to revive my otherwise social issues.

Lately, the Crushosphere has George Clooney visiting. He's got a warped sense of humor (which I appreciate) and he's aged like a rather fine wine (He's 60, looks 40)

My dreams involving the Crushosphere are fine, he carries me to my bed, lays me down in bed, pulls up the covers, kisses me goodnight and he sleeps in the guest room downstairs. He calls me "Apple Blossom" being I am robust for a young woman.

(Yes, I am exhausted from phone calls, dreaming in the Crushosphere is like a revival potion to my emotional being and I am being evaluated for the program's classes.)

Page 180 of 182