Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Have Some Personality Please!

by PolarBearSims Posted 16th May 2017 at 2:18 AM - Updated 16th Mar 2024 at 10:14 PM by PolarBearSims : Mod Update 11/17/20

1200 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 981 Feedback Posts, 218 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 49
Field Researcher
#76 Old 20th May 2017 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by modme
Thank you for the mod! However, I do have a question: I don't believe "confess to cheating" is an option already in the game. Did you create and add this feature?

MY SIM GUY SLEEP WITH EVERY VAMPIRE WHILE HIS WIFE SLEEP ( STICKING TO THEM HAHA) BUT IT ON THERE.
Theorist
Original Poster
#77 Old 20th May 2017 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keysmash
The only thing I dislike in the updated version is the altered gender preference.
I know absolutely nothing about sims 4 modding though. Any tips/tutorials so I can remove that for personal use?

I didn't change it a lot. It was set rather high on gay and lower than half on straight. However if you want to remove it you need s4pe. Or in a few since this is a 2nd comment on it i can put up a flavor that doesn't have that adjustment.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 20th May 2017 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
I didn't change it a lot. It was set rather high on gay and lower than half on straight. However if you want to remove it you need s4pe. Or in a few since this is a 2nd comment on it i can put up a flavor that doesn't have that adjustment.

Thank you so much :D
Theorist
Original Poster
#79 Old 20th May 2017 at 5:08 PM
NEW UPDATE There have been requests for a change in the gender preference along with having no change. So in order to have something for both and include all of the new updates and any future I decided to make a second flavor that has the original gender preference of the game.

~ENJOY~
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 20th May 2017 at 6:53 PM
Thanks so much for the change to angry sims. My biggest problem was friends hating eachother over noisy neighbors or whatever but I assumed it'd stay part of the mod.
Theorist
Original Poster
#81 Old 20th May 2017 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deer_Lord
Thanks so much for the change to angry sims. My biggest problem was friends hating eachother over noisy neighbors or whatever but I assumed it'd stay part of the mod.

Nope all settings are WIP. I still like the angry sims acting like their moods but I also had noticed how easily it happened. Hopefully now other factors will help keerp them from "overreacting" lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 20th May 2017 at 7:26 PM
You know if you can update a mod called "Packing Crates" from Scumbumbo? Please tell me and sorry for asking you for it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#83 Old 20th May 2017 at 8:08 PM
I tried it with Zerbus mod and everything is working fine This is wonderful!
Theorist
Original Poster
#84 Old 20th May 2017 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ErickSan
You know if you can update a mod called "Packing Crates" from Scumbumbo? Please tell me and sorry for asking you for it

No unfortunately I can't. It's written in python and I've tried so many times to get python to run on my computer but it wont. I believe all of scumbumbos mods are written that way. So unless his scripting is still ok, I could possibly update the object but I wouldn't know for sure if that's all it needed.
Test Subject
#85 Old 21st May 2017 at 8:55 AM
I think the "Ask for a large loan" interaction should be user directed, everything else about this mod is awesome, the only issue, or i don't know if it's intended, because it doesn't look like it, it's the autonomous loan interactions
Maybe you could fix that?, please
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 21st May 2017 at 11:56 AM
Thank you so much for this mod!! I just donwloaded it now, and I'm really looking forward to playing with it! :DD
Theorist
Original Poster
#87 Old 21st May 2017 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XxN4x0xX
I think the "Ask for a large loan" interaction should be user directed, everything else about this mod is awesome, the only issue, or i don't know if it's intended, because it doesn't look like it, it's the autonomous loan interactions
Maybe you could fix that?, please

Thank you for the feed back. If I do remove it or adjust it, it will be done in the next update
Test Subject
#88 Old 22nd May 2017 at 2:23 AM
Yea, I second the request to remove the Ask for loan from the mod. I was very surprised when this happened recently to my rich sim.

You may want to remove the Gender Preference XML from the mod altogether and offer several flavors of it. I made my own flavor and created a mod with it using s4pe. 100% heterosexual, 0% gay/lesbian, and 0% bisexual. If I'm going to have a non-heterosexual sim in my game I want it to be user directed. Also, many players don't understand that the gender preference settings only apply to newly created sims (since the mod was introduced) and doesn't apply to existing sims.
Theorist
Original Poster
#89 Old 22nd May 2017 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kevinnclay
Yea, I second the request to remove the Ask for loan from the mod. I was very surprised when this happened recently to my rich sim.

You may want to remove the Gender Preference XML from the mod altogether and offer several flavors of it. I made my own flavor and created a mod with it using s4pe. 100% heterosexual, 0% gay/lesbian, and 0% bisexual. If I'm going to have a non-heterosexual sim in my game I want it to be user directed. Also, many players don't understand that the gender preference settings only apply to newly created sims (since the mod was introduced) and doesn't apply to existing sims.

I could see about making flavors of the gender preference. It is noted in the description that it only affects new sims. The new flavors should be out by tomorrow at the latest
Theorist
Original Poster
#90 Old 22nd May 2017 at 7:26 PM
UPDATE

New gender preference AddOns have been added. Gender preference has been removed from the original mod.

~ENJOY~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 23rd May 2017 at 1:33 AM
So I'm VERY VERY VERY Happy to see this mod. Thank you. I always play a homosexual character and typically, though not always, have a husband when starting the game. I would like to use your homosexual interactions, but I don't want everyone to be gay or everyone to be bi ect.... Can you possibly add a personality trait denoting if a character is gay (for men), Lesbian (for women) Straight/heterosexual, or bi? Again for the personality aspect alone THANK you!
Theorist
Original Poster
#92 Old 23rd May 2017 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zore007
So I'm VERY VERY VERY Happy to see this mod. Thank you. I always play a homosexual character and typically, though not always, have a husband when starting the game. I would like to use your homosexual interactions, but I don't want everyone to be gay or everyone to be bi ect.... Can you possibly add a personality trait denoting if a character is gay (for men), Lesbian (for women) Straight/heterosexual, or bi? Again for the personality aspect alone THANK you!

You mean one where the chances of homosexual is higher along with chances of the others? There is one that's gives the same chances of all 3.

I've never made traits although I've considered it before. I can keep it in mind if I were to decide to give it a try
Test Subject
#93 Old 23rd May 2017 at 5:51 AM
The autonomous Ask for Loan is still in after the update
Theorist
Original Poster
#94 Old 23rd May 2017 at 6:24 AM Last edited by PolarBearSims : 23rd May 2017 at 12:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by InvoQer
The autonomous Ask for Loan is still in after the update

I apologize but yea. The update actually didint do anything with the mod itself, just the gender preference. I'm getting other things added to the mod. It will be in that update
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 23rd May 2017 at 2:58 PM
Thank you thank you thank you I love how my game works now. Drama, fighting, arguing... Finally!
I created 2 lady neighbours for my 2 male sims I am playing right now and moved them in an apartment next door. I thought they will be easy to hit on and have sexy time... Na-ah! Once they all met they got into a big fight later one of them invited me to a restaurant saying "I know we never got along but maybe we can become friends?", so I went, and I did crack her, we did have some flirting and even some woohoo in a closet when we came back to my place, but still she is not all into me all the time, one wrong step and our relationship drops down a sighificant ammount. Just so much more realistic and fun to play and also, I met another girl and we got together sooo well its crazy!! I did not want to flirt with her though, did not want to ruin our friendship... :D
At this point I'd like that the relationships were HARDER to build... Slower, I mean. Anyways Thank you again
Theorist
Original Poster
#96 Old 23rd May 2017 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmileeFowler
Thank you thank you thank you I love how my game works now. Drama, fighting, arguing... Finally!
I created 2 lady neighbours for my 2 male sims I am playing right now and moved them in an apartment next door. I thought they will be easy to hit on and have sexy time... Na-ah! Once they all met they got into a big fight later one of them invited me to a restaurant saying "I know we never got along but maybe we can become friends?", so I went, and I did crack her, we did have some flirting and even some woohoo in a closet when we came back to my place, but still she is not all into me all the time, one wrong step and our relationship drops down a sighificant ammount. Just so much more realistic and fun to play and also, I met another girl and we got together sooo well its crazy!! I did not want to flirt with her though, did not want to ruin our friendship... :D
At this point I'd like that the relationships were HARDER to build... Slower, I mean. Anyways Thank you again

Your welcome. Thank you for sharing your game experience
Test Subject
#97 Old 23rd May 2017 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
Your welcome. Thank you for sharing your game experience

I am sorry to be spamming your forum.
I have been using your mod and other mods for my whole life and finally I have decided to actually JOIN the community. I know ModTheSims like my 10 fingers, why didnt I join earlier??? I just want to give all the creators all the attention and compliments they deserve and I feel so exited because the community is sooo awesooomeee. and I love the sims! And with your mod, I love them even more!!! So I guess I love you too (in a nice, not freaky way). :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 23rd May 2017 at 10:30 PM
Sorry for asking, but does 'even genders' mean that a sim has an equal chance of being a heterosexual, bisexual, and homosexual?
Theorist
Original Poster
#99 Old 24th May 2017 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melissaq64
Sorry for asking, but does 'even genders' mean that a sim has an equal chance of being a heterosexual, bisexual, and homosexual?

Yes. Means when a sim is either generated by the game or born, they have an equal chance of being one of the 3
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 24th May 2017 at 5:33 AM
If I use just the Personality Please file, will the gender preference tuning be the same as the base game?
Page 4 of 49