Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Matt Default Replacement Skintone + Face Overlay UPDATED

by -Shady- Posted 31st May 2010 at 10:00 PM - Updated 8th Mar 2013 at 12:15 PM by -Shady-

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 10:28 PM
showing genitals is not allowed here on mts. Maybe you visit sexysims for this?
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 5:31 PM
hiya this skin is beautiful but i have one problem ive just seen on males (and also females but less noticable) their faces are a different colour to thier bodys, just thought i'd let you know could it be because ive got the ambitions expansion+patch 1.12? I love this skin soo much ill still keep using it :D
x
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pritzooo
hiya this skin is beautiful but i have one problem ive just seen on males (and also females but less noticable) their faces are a different colour to thier bodys, just thought i'd let you know could it be because ive got the ambitions expansion+patch 1.12? I love this skin soo much ill still keep using it :D
x

i will fix it as soon as possible, thanks for the advice
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 9:34 PM
no probs:D
Forum Resident
#30 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 1:13 AM
They could be non default as well
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 12:18 AM
I like the female version of your skintone. Could you split your package to male/female versions? Even better would be adult male/adult female/teen male/teen female/elder male/elder female/child male/child female. I know it would be a lot of work but I would appreciate it. Thanks
Test Subject
#32 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 2:17 AM
Love the skintone but can it be done into non-default?

GnKSpot||Flickr
Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair And out of my mind
Keeping an eye on the world
So many thousands of feet off the ground
I'm over you now
I'm at home in the clouds, towering over your head
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 1:01 AM
I'm having trouble getting the skin to show up D8 I have both Sims 3 and High-End Lot stuff, they're both fully patch and my other mods such as cars and cell phone replacement are working but no the skin or the multi-color eyes I downloaded T mT I'm confused in what to do
Forum Resident
#34 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 8:59 PM
Cool skins but I have this weird thing where face and body are not the same color =(
Field Researcher
#35 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 1:58 PM
I just noticed the same problem as laughingtoleave, but only when I moved the camera in close. I think you can actually juuuust baaaaarely see it in the overview full-length pic of the male Sim (in the white swimsuit).

I really like these skins, though -- I feel like I just stumbled upon the exact level of realism that I've been looking for.

For those looking for non-default versions, I'd recommend looking up the SkinInator on this website. It is very easy to use and now has the ability to extract from .package files, and apparently also make new default replacements too.

Thanks again to Shady for the great work!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 2:12 PM
I'm still working on the problem and try to fix it as soon as possible.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 10:55 PM
I noticed that it's more visible on youger sims. Adults, you have to look really closely to notice but teens are a different story. Not to mention children, they look mismatched. I hope you find a solution 'cause I'm definitely using your skins. Definitely the best so far.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 7:58 AM
the nipples are too light on the females and not even in the middle on one of the breasts.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 3:35 AM Last edited by jwaas : 1st Oct 2010 at 5:34 AM.
Just wanted to add a quick note of encouragement -- I hope you're still working on these minor issues, as I'm still using your male skins in preference to all the others out there. I've tried them all, believe me. I admit I haven't examined your female skins much because I play mainly male Sims, and that mostly for character development and art references. The thing I like about your male skins is that they make the men look fit, healthy, and firm, but not to the point of looking exaggerated or overidealized.

If you come up with a "version 2," I for one would be glad to beta-test it for you. Also, if you'd like me to make you a non-default version of these skins using the SkinInator, that would be no problem.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and please don't give up -- I think a bit of polishing up will turn some pretty good skintones into some really great ones!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jwaas
he thing I like about your male skins is that they make the men look fit, healthy, and firm, but not to the point of looking exaggerated or overidealized.

couldn't have said it better. i recommend separating the skins. meaning have a separate zip/rar file with female(all ages) and male(all ages) files. again, the female skins (teen through elder) need work on the nipples.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 6:04 PM
hiya thanks for updating!but ive noticed something, my sims face are oily/very shiny and the kids faces are like red and shiny:O i changed the face skin to lady front bum and their skins were no longer red/shiny...hmmm maybe my game is messed up?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 8:21 PM
please RE-DOWNLOAD again! Sorry i had the wrong color settings, thats the reason of the color difference
Test Subject
#43 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 11:56 AM Last edited by starsarah : 30th Nov 2010 at 12:07 PM.
I love this skin, its fab. But i also love your first Sim female model! Where can i download her??

What eyes do you use too please?

x
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 7:03 PM
How do we download these files ? like what programme do I use i've never installed anything for sims 3 yet but for sims 2 i used winrar32
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 8:25 PM
this tutorial should help you
Test Subject
#46 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 3:00 AM
the color difference between the skin and the face is still pretty obvious :[
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 1:47 PM
can i play with skins with the latest patch?
Field Researcher
#48 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 1:38 AM
Default replacement skins should still work since the latest patch, yes. Non-default skins need to be repackaged using the latest version of the SkinInator by CmarNYC in order to work with LN or since the latest patch. Note that there is also an error regarding the muscle definition and breast size sliders with teens and elders, which Whiterider is working on.

The SkinInator is very easy to use, even with my minimal skills at modding. I've used it to make several non-default skintones, just for my own personal use. I can highly recommend it to everyone for these purposes.
Quote: Originally posted by Dougy
the color difference between the skin and the face is still pretty obvious :[
I wasn't going to say anything, but to be honest, I couldn't tell the difference between the old and new versions. Although the color difference was still very slight, not much different from the scalp lines you see with some hairstyles, or the seam running down the inside of the leg with even some of the more popular skintones, or the seam around one shoulder that I have seen even on Maxis default skins.

I am beginning to wonder whether the color changes we see are due to different people's video cards and/or monitors. Some seem unable to see it at all. For others, it seems to be quite noticeable. I can only see it when I zoom the camera in on the Sim really close, and since I usually play with the camera zoomed out pretty far, I generally can't even see it.

That being said, these are still the best male skins for my purposes, for reasons stated in my previous post. I can report that they work very well with the new muscle definition slider (at least for young adult and adult men, teens and elders having the error mentioned above).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 7:14 PM
I downloaded these skins a while ago, and I have to say I haven't found anything better since! The detail around the nose especially is just spot on, the nose on every other skin I've tried just doesn't look right. I especially love the fact that they are matt! Any other skin I try with my sims just doesn't look right in comparison to these.

My only problem is that with the toddlers, the shadow on the upper lip can look strange at times, making them look like they have facial hair. I know it has been a long time since you uploaded these and don't expect you to make another version, but I would love it if you could seperate the files into the different age and gender groups.

Thanks anyway for such amazing skins!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#50 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 10:00 PM
i will work on these problem once i have the time thx for the advice
Page 2 of 3