Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

50s Quintessential

by blissful_sims Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 11:45 AM - Updated 19th Feb 2015 at 3:04 AM by blissful_sims

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 12:05 PM
I wish it was longer
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 1:15 PM
This is gorgeous, I love short cute dresses! Thank you!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 1:38 PM
Thank you for not giving up - this is a beautiful dress!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 3:19 PM
Vintage tea dress! <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 3:54 PM
=D So Happy You all like it!! Thank you for your kind words :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 3:58 PM
its very cute but I too wish it were longer atleast to the knee. more like the reference pic.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
its very cute but I too wish it were longer atleast to the knee. more like the reference pic.

Thank you for your feed back, =) I actually have began working a longer version, but it will be some time before I am fully 100% happy with it. :lovestruc

Also I would like to point out that in the description I said the "real dress" was an inspiration for this one, not a reference =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 6:44 PM
I really like this short dress! I can think of some many ways to color it. I am, however, anxious to see the longer one as well. I would like my older (not teen) sims to have some really nice clothing that is not too short and this one could really be great.
Everything that came with the game is a belly showing mini dress. <sigh>
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 6:59 PM
Great job! Thanks! Would there possibly be a teen version in the future?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thnkr0917
I really like this short dress! I can think of some many ways to color it. I am, however, anxious to see the longer one as well. I would like my older (not teen) sims to have some really nice clothing that is not too short and this one could really be great.
Everything that came with the game is a belly showing mini dress. <sigh>

I am so happy you like it! =D I totally know what you mean about the belly showing mini dresses lol! Also many of the T-shirts that came with the game are the same way =3 ... I will have to def keep in mind to make some classy things for the older Sims, seems that is lacking =)

Quote: Originally posted by deblake60
Great job! Thanks! Would there possibly be a teen version in the future?

I hadn't thought about that really. However, now that I do, I think it would be a brilliant idea!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 9:45 PM
Gorgeous! Congrats!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 12:24 AM
Very nice! I too, can't wait for the longer version!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 1:33 AM
Yeah, these are way too short to be anything 50's. But cute, so thanks

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
#15 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueSoup
Yeah, these are way too short to be anything 50's. But cute, so thanks

Thank you =)

I would also like to point out it isn't to short to be 50s as you see here: This is from the 50s =)

Which is a very cute flirty dress, which is what mine is =)

Which comes from This website: http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/99750/history-of-the-mini

:lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 6:01 AM
This is cute! Thanks for making and sharing with us!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 2:00 PM
I don't normally comment on downloads, but I just had to tell you what a wonderful job I think you did, and throw my vote in with those requesting both a teen version and a longer adult version. I can see a couple of my teen girls wearing this to prom...and I think a longer version would make for a crazy versatile everyday kind of dress.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 3:04 PM
This is such a cute dress! I wish I had a dress like this in real life! I hope you do do a teen version!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 12:44 PM
It's a really cute dress, gorgeous! If you make a longer/teen version I'll be happy to grab those as well. Thank you for your wonderful job, and congrats for not giving up!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tanoka
It's a really cute dress, gorgeous! If you make a longer/teen version I'll be happy to grab those as well. Thank you for your wonderful job, and congrats for not giving up!

AWWWs Thank you so much
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 1:57 PM
May be with EA releasing The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff Pack, some creators on here should get together and create a 40's, 50's and 60's Pack of their own? Just a thought!
Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 10:22 PM
I have a retro sims blog -- this is adorable!
I have a retro blog (SepiaSims on tumblr) & as a 50's crazed enthusiast, I have to say -- this is just an adorable, flirty, lolita style dress!

I too would LOVE a longer version. I'm always on the lookout for longer dresses/skirts for my sim dollies. EA doesn't make enough.
Again, great job and thank-you so much for sharing your creativity with us! Excited and anxiously awaiting the longer version
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 3:14 AM
Adorable! Also looking forward to the longer version as well. Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PinUpPretty
I have a retro blog (SepiaSims on tumblr) & as a 50's crazed enthusiast, I have to say -- this is just an adorable, flirty, lolita style dress!

I too would LOVE a longer version. I'm always on the lookout for longer dresses/skirts for my sim dollies. EA doesn't make enough.
Again, great job and thank-you so much for sharing your creativity with us! Excited and anxiously awaiting the longer version

Thank you

I had a peek at your blog, I must say I love it =)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 11:54 PM
Great job.. However. That dress is waaaayyyy too short for the 50's inspiration. It's more like a late 60's 70's dress length. Unless you are referring to the full skirt aspect. (Better wear shorts under that skimpy dress,Marilyn!!) lol
Page 1 of 3