Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Interior Design Career

by akplaysthesims Posted 12th May 2007 at 2:31 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 6:08 PM by whiterider

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 4:48 AM
sari_luna, Simonut -

Sorry that it has taken so long for a reply. I haven't actually been playing for awhile, since I continually get the BSoD.

As of right now, I do not know how to solve the issue, as it does not occur in my game. I distinctly remember carefully checking that males would be addressed as males and females would be addressed as females. It also drives me nuts when this is incorrect, so it's not that I "didn't bother to make this career for females." I realize that the interior design field contains female designers - I am one of them. However, it is not solely women either and the career was not made to reflect the view that "interior designing to be a career for women than men." (In fact, when the profession started out, it was all men, and women had to be "approved" in order to be accepted and practice.)

I do not know when I'll be able to address this issue, however. As I've said, my computer is on its last thread. I get the BSoD for just about everything (CAD, Sims, Myspace, Word =/)... but I will try to address your concerns ASAP.

A S H L E Y // R E F L E C T S
latest projects: aura interiors second hand homes
Test Subject
#27 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 7:31 PM
Hi I just wanted to say I adore this career. Though I'm having a little problem at the final stage of the job. It states that you only work one day of the week (Friday) and yet on Saturdays I always get the message that my sim has missed work and that if it continues my sim could lose their job.

Sorry to hear about you BSoD problem. Hope it's fixed soon too =)
Test Subject
#28 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sari_luna
I have this career and I noticed in one of the chance cards, the one where the sim is torn in either doing a project or attending the meeting, I noticed that there were a bunch of errors. The sim who currently has this career is a female, but in the chance card I realized that the gender is mixed up.

Instead of saying "SHE" it says "HE." It annoys me that you didn't bother to make this career for females, it seems the interior design was directed towards the male sims only (I always view interior designing to be a career for women than men). Will this be fixed soon?

Uh, no offense, but just 'cause there was a small programming problem it doesn't mean you can point fingers and assume that the person who made this is being sexist. You could have just gone with 'Hey, there was a problem in my game and one of the chance cards says "he" instead of "she" for one of my female sims, could you fix it?' There, no fingers pointed.
Test Subject
#29 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 3:22 PM
This seems pretty cool. I would like to get into Interior Design one day. I think this is the only Interior Design career too! Ha. So thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 3:25 PM
Reply!
Quote: Originally posted by picgin7
Uh, no offense, but just 'cause there was a small programming problem it doesn't mean you can point fingers and assume that the person who made this is being sexist. You could have just gone with 'Hey, there was a problem in my game and one of the chance cards says "he" instead of "she" for one of my female sims, could you fix it?' There, no fingers pointed.

So right. C'mon people, bits of niceness are good.

Now don't be calling me awesome. I'm not awesome. I'm freaking fantastic!
Test Subject
#31 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 11:15 PM Last edited by Arialonomus : 19th Apr 2009 at 1:43 AM.
It's very good I like it a lot, but one thing I've noticed, and this is a BIG issue, is that when you give money in the chance cards (at least the later ones I know) in stead of giving it in the thousands (like it says you earned) it gives it to you in the MILLIONS.

I'm not sure if it's just my game, but it's happening a lot.

[Insert witty and hilarious signature here]
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugar
fille corrupted please fix

Was this ever fixed? I really really really want to use this Career Track (especially for my Simself!!!), but I want to make sure it works okay, first. Could you please let everyone know? Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:21 PM
Thank You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 10:21 PM
For those players whose game is not english and that have the description for the Science Career follow this tutorial and it should be fine: https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/201...to-edit-career/
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#35 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 7:48 PM
Thank you.
Page 2 of 2