Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"You're not leaving the house dressed like that, young lady!" - Female Modesty Set (Base Game)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 25th Sep 2008 at 6:56 PM

352 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 308 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 15
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 3:26 AM
I know this is getting more into social commentary than might be appropriate for a forum about The Sims, but I hated the belly-baring stuff for teens because of the growing trend of sexualizing younger and younger girls.

Dear Maxis, not every teenage girl wants to be a Bratz doll.

Love,
Someone who spent her teenage years in broomstick skirts and t-shirts that covered her bra
Test Subject
#52 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 3:36 AM
Thanks once again, HP, for making me much more comfy with my daughter playing the Sims! I can put these in and not have to point out that her simmies can wear those clothes, but she can't. Now they will dress more like her! You are made of pure awesome!

Mistress of Useless Knowledge
Scholar
#53 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 3:46 AM
o good! i was waiting for this... i hate all these skin showing things. its not even like...purposefull...you know? like...its just.. "oh..my shirt shrunk in the wash..i dont wanna buy a new one...o well" maxis cant do anything right

a few of these (mostly the short skirt ones) i myself dont much like the thick socks...especialy on the little mini skirt outfits...but thats just me.

anyway; thats besides the point. i got almost all of these...thanks for taking time out to do this for us. you and Phea really do make my game a whole lot more enjoyable!
Mad Poster
#54 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 3:56 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I HATE seeing teens show so much skin - and having it in a game that teens plays makes it seem acceptable. What was Maxis thinking? Thank you for fixing this!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:06 AM
This set could be subtitled, "Because not everyone lives in Southern California in July." It's not so much about modesty with me (although, like starryeyd_babe, I find the sexualization of the teens disturbing), but that the clothing designers for this game didn't even seem to think about or care that not everyone lives in or wants to make believe an always-hot climate. It drove me crazy that not one of the short-skirted teen outfits had so much as kneesocks.

So, thank you. Thank you very very much.
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:16 AM
Wonderful! The belly-baring styles have bugged me since the base game came out, years ago now. Thank you!!!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:26 AM
oh goodness! i am LOVING all those added tights! they make the outfits look SO much more complete, not to mention less skanky! the bellies everywhere were a mild annoyance for me, but all those TEENYTINY skirts with a mile of leg hanging out were practically the bane of my existence. thank you so much for taking the time and effort to do all this! i am VERY greatful.
Test Subject
#58 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:36 AM
Wow that was a lot of work you did! Now I can start using some of these outfits - all those bellies really bugged me too. And the tights are really cute! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#59 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:46 AM
Wow! Thanks. You just made a whole lot of maxiswear a lot more usable for me!

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Instructor
#60 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:56 AM
This is a very neat idea. Some of them didn't bother me to much, others, like the leopard print dress, I would never use in my game anyway, but I snagged a couple of files. Especially the TFBodyHipBlazerFlaredPants one, I always loved it but without any shirt underneath it looks odd. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:16 AM
You're amazing, HP, you know that?
As a teen, I can sorta see where Maxis is coming from with these outfits, but one some they've just gone too far!
Thank you so much; now my Sims can wear clothes just like mine (a.k.a. cover up my belly button)! XD
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:26 AM
you, madam, are a genius and a goddess. thank you so much for all your amazing work. this is a great idea! I'll be so glad that next time tosha go walks by one of my sim's houses i won't have to look at her little tummy! and yes, the butt-writing on the workout wear annoyed me to no end too.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:36 AM
What a great fix!!
Finally, I can get some use out of maxis clothes without having half-naked sims running around where I don't want them.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
charleeheart - I looked through the base game formalwear and didn't really see anything that bugged me too much. There were a couple outfits that were kind of borderline, but not enough to really bother me - some things had some weird cutouts on the side and such but I see formalwear more as evening dresses and that kind of thing than churchwear (all my sims are secular anyway). I have made a point to go through the different categories when doing this stuff, so if there's formalwear in other EPs/SPs that needs similar treatment, I'll be sure to do so. But I think you're probably more offended by shoulders showing than me.

You're right, of course. I didn't think it through when I posted. It's not like you could add a t-shirt to an evening gown, now is it? My bad.

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:56 AM
AH!!!! Fantastic! I was so happy to see this- thank you very, very much! Must go and wait for the next one now!

~Al
Instructor
#67 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:06 AM
OMG thank you so much for this! I really was hoping someone to do this... Amazing set! Now those clothes are use-able! I'm not really much prude but those clothes seemed a bit jail-bait like...

Thank you for fixing them! :3
Alchemist
#68 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:16 AM
Thanks so much HP!
All the belly baring clothes, especially for teens, is just too much.
You've made a lot os useless outfits useful.
Inventor
#69 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:26 AM
Thanks HP, what a great idea :D

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Test Subject
#70 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:36 AM
I don't usually comment, but I have to say thank-you for making default workout clothes WITHOUT the stupid tribal design on the butt! I had no problem with the short skirts and the bellies, but ever since those stupid butt-design pants have come out in real life, I've loathed them. Even moreso in the Sims. I really like these workout clothes otherwise, so thank-you thank-you THANK-YOU for getting rid of that butt-patch and making them defaults!
Test Subject
#71 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:46 AM
Thank you so much for this set! There were so many little annoyances with the original maxis outfits like the butt writing and short skirts...way too skanky. But now that you kindly fixed most of the problems, I can finally use some of the maxis clothes instead of relying so much on custom content.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:56 AM
All I'm going to say is Amen.

and Thank You ^_^
Forum Resident
#73 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:06 AM
Thank you very much. Many unusable outfits made usable
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:16 AM
You made my day with these. I love what you did with the Apartment Life clothes. This was a really good idea. Thank you. I can't wait to see more of these! You make Maxis clothes usable again! Yay! I'd give you rum, but since we're on site with young members, you'll have to settle for a cookie instead. Is chocolate chip okay?

Thanks again! =)

-Aralie
Instructor
#75 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:26 AM
Thank you so much for doing this! I've avoided many of the Maxis outfits because they looked so skanky - now they are useable. Though some of them still aren't my "cup of tea" at least they don't make me feel sick when I look at them!
Page 3 of 15