Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"You're not leaving the house dressed like that, young lady!" - Female Modesty Set (Base Game)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 25th Sep 2008 at 6:56 PM

352 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 308 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 15
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:36 AM
Well done! thats a very good default replacement set, but I dont really use the base game outfits, ever thought about changing stuff for adult males? anyway now my game will lag to death! seriously.
Test Subject
#77 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:46 AM
Ooh I like the Adult Male changes idea... What kind of man wears a sweat shirt, jeans and... sandles!? Just think of their poor wives, girlfriends, and children... "you're not wearing that, are you?"
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:56 AM
"... or I will come to your house and eat all your pasta!"
"Don't bug me or I'll throw eggs at your dog."

You make the best threats. :D

Thanks for these, nabbing a good half. The neighbourhood I play most it's winter half the time, so midriffs hanging out everywhere really wasn't realistic. Oh and especially thank you for the jacket with the added undershirt - it looks so much better!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 8:06 AM
Well, I really can't add anything to what's already been said other than to show my support for this super awesome idea you had!

*Some people only dream of angels; we held one in our arms.*
Remembering Jacob March 8 - 9, 1996
Our Angel
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 8:16 AM
thank you very much!! Very very usefull
Akita
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 8:26 AM
Wee! Some of these are pretty awesome, now!

At my age, any thing I say is an old saying! - Lini
Field Researcher
#82 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 8:36 AM
maxis seem to think ALL women walk around with bits of flesh hanging out... Um, so thanks for these, the tops were a real pain, i'll use them now! THANKS!

=^.^= Treacherous Kitten =^.^=

*Life is like a box of chocolates, sometimes it's squidgy & sometimes it's nuts, most of the time it's nuts*
Test Subject
#83 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 8:46 AM
Thank you! I was so sick of limiting my Sims to select Free Time and H&M clothing just to cover up a bit of skin. Gracias!
Alchemist
#84 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 8:56 AM
I will come to your house and eat all your pasta!
I´d love to have you!

What you´ve done here is such an improvement! They should really send their designers to a "School of good taste". Thanks,
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 9:06 AM
Ahhhh that's what we needed - a little decorum. I don't use the in-game clothing but with some of these outfits I can bring a bit of decency back to the neighbourhood.

Will download later when I leave this annoying place called work!
Test Subject
#86 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 9:16 AM
Thank you! I loved the AL pack and snagged all of these. I'm not a huge fan of "tights" under skirts (I prefer pantyhose myself) but I have to say it *really* completes the outfits. Amazing how such a small addition (adding tights to a short skirt) make it look a million times less trashy!

I can't wait for your other sets to come out!

Again, thank you so much for sharing these with us!
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 9:26 AM
I'm so glad you made another set. This is very useful, I never let my sims wear Maxis clothing before because of all that skin showing.. thank you very much for this improvement!
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 9:36 AM
THANK YOU!!! I love you for this. These belly-showing clothes always annoyed the hell out of me. You're awesome!
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Now I can use all those Maxis shirts and pants that just used to sit in the catalog taking up space. Thank you SO much!

EXACTLY!! THANK YOU!! As a 36yo mom, I am a on the conservative side of clothing tastes. I didn't look, but were these all teen? We need to do something with ADULT FEMALE, as well. I hate some of those belly-toting things for ADULTS. I mean.....moms shouldn't look like that, right?????

--Carrie
Sims 2 Mac Super Collection
Sims 3/WA/HELS/Ambitions/LN/Gen/Pets and doing it ALL on a MacBook Pro now..Hmmm...
Instructor
#90 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 9:56 AM
Thank you thank you thank you thank you! Cannot tell you how much I will appreciate not seeing every single female belly in Pleasantview!
Test Subject
#91 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 10:06 AM
These are such a wonderful idea! I use mostly custom clothing mostly because of the way Maxis always seems to want females to look trashy....and always hated that even if my playable Sims looked good, the townies still looked like they needed to be hanging out on the corner (if you get what I mean). I am looking forward to seeing any other sets you may do...thank you so much!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carrie640
EXACTLY!! THANK YOU!! As a 36yo mom, I am a on the conservative side of clothing tastes. I didn't look, but were these all teen? We need to do something with ADULT FEMALE, as well. I hate some of those belly-toting things for ADULTS. I mean.....moms shouldn't look like that, right?????

I stated what was what in the posts. This covers teens, adults, young adults, a couple elder outfits. I agree with you wholeheartedly - which is why I already fixed the adult stuff.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#93 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 10:26 AM
I seriously downloaded just about everything here. I love the tights. Love how now my grown-up Sims' hemlines are practical! I'm more on the modest side, so this is a godsend. Thanks.
Test Subject
#94 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 10:36 AM Last edited by dinalou1953 : 26th Sep 2008 at 3:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Thanks for these. Now if you could just do something about the townies idea of color coordination.
Top Secret Researcher
#95 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 10:46 AM
Thanks so much over and over again!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 10:56 AM
thank you so much for this. It's been bugging me to a lot.
Test Subject
#97 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 11:06 AM
Yay For Modesty!
#98 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 11:16 AM
This reminds me of a song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUQ0K30h4Zk
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 11:26 AM
THANK YOU!!!

I'm so tired of attempting to find tops and bottoms for my sims that don't show off the belly. I'd gotten to where I wasn't using alot of the games seperate clothing and so many outfits because of that.

Wonderful idea, and very very appreciated.
Test Subject
#100 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 11:36 AM
Someone who finally telepathically heard my "OMG, like, Since when do we wear all of these belly-baring tops!"*

:-p

*preceding sentence intended in a completely ironic fashion
Page 4 of 15