Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Automatic Burn Scars 6.3b

by flerb Posted 8th Jul 2017 at 10:54 AM - Updated 17th Jun 2020 at 1:42 AM by flerb

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 3:58 PM
thanks for making this mod automatically.

can't wait for the next fire, urgh I wish the chance for a fire would be higher in this game
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 6:16 PM
Make it more realistic. Can you make realistic sick overlays too?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 1:58 AM
This is amazing! Any chance you'd make more scar swatches (like just the upper or lower half)?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lemememeringue
This is amazing! Any chance you'd make more scar swatches (like just the upper or lower half)?

someday. I'd like to add minor burns and other patterns.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 5:43 PM
this is wow i didnt see the cover pic so i thought u removed it but o mfg this mod is so original can u make sever burns last permanent with an insecure buff when in crowds lol apply medicine to heal faster
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lataya25
this is wow i didnt see the cover pic so i thought u removed it but o mfg this mod is so original can u make sever burns last permanent with an insecure buff when in crowds lol apply medicine to heal faster

I'm not sure how to update the cover, it is just stuck that way I guess...
As this was a learning project for me I still need to learn how to broadcast buffs, I'd like to make other sims uncomfortable if they are strangers, add embarrassment, occasional other emotions. One of my very good friends grew up with burns so I have some insight. I'm also going to put a few versions for longer lifespan plays. IRL severe burns heal after 3-4 weeks and scars fade after a number of years. right now it is set for a few sim days.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 4:01 PM
How did I not see this sooner?!?! THIS MOD SOUNDS INCREDIBLE
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#33 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 1:48 AM
i should have took a pic but i seen an sim and scared the crap out of me freddy kruger for realz.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 5:18 AM
wow with the laundry pack and the chance for even more fire to happen I finally see this mod in action, maybe my sims were lucky before but I never had an fire happening from cooking
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 11:05 PM
This is amazing! Thank you so much for this mod, I really found it strange how sims didn't have any reaction after being burned.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 9:53 PM
I'm getting buffs not showing up and appearance modifier LEs?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HumALittle
I'm getting buffs not showing up and appearance modifier LEs?

Hopefully this should be fixed now. I never found the exact cause but I stopped getting them too with the updated V5.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 7:06 PM
this mod is amazing..thank yoou!
Test Subject
#39 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 4:22 PM
For some reason this is not working for me, I downloaded V6 and placed both files in Mods but nothing is showing up in CAS? Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong lol
Inventor
THANKS POST
#40 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 6:13 PM
Thanks for making these, in Sims 3 I had the scars by LadyFrontBum and I tested them out on a sim that was only supposed to be for testing but she had such a cool personality and looked so precious with her little head scarf she ended up being one of my main sims, now I can recreate her in Sims 4 :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marinic24
For some reason this is not working for me, I downloaded V6 and placed both files in Mods but nothing is showing up in CAS? Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong lol

you should choose either the long life span or short lifespan version depending on what your play style is. I use the long lifespan version myself.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#42 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 9:02 PM Last edited by ScorpioMaurus : 2nd Jul 2018 at 9:39 PM.
I was inspired to make some brows for myself for this skin, It looks amazing in game.

Test Subject
#43 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 12:08 AM
It's been a long time since I've done mods for any Sims games, but I was wondering where exactly in CAS would this be? Skin details? I've looked everywhere after putting in the latest update you have up. Perhaps I'm just overlooking something, or I'm just rusty. Heh.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 11:28 PM
hey just wondering if you saw the scars of this CC creator https://scarlett-content.tumblr.com/ maybe you could ask her to use them
Test Subject
#45 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 4:46 AM
I am also having trouble finding the burns in CAS. I downloaded the Latest V6. I extracted the .package into my mods folder. Is it compatible with Seasons?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:12 AM
[QUOTE=ScorpioMaurus]I was inspired to make some brows for myself for this skin, It looks amazing in game.

that looks great!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ByniiBee
I am also having trouble finding the burns in CAS. I downloaded the Latest V6. I extracted the .package into my mods folder. Is it compatible with Seasons?

the Automatic part is definitely working with seasons in my game. So I hadn't really looked into making changes. I haven't looked at the CAS tho. they should be under the skin details freckles slot, but I also had put the most severe burns under the eyebrows slot as a hack to temporarily remove the sim's eyebrows after being in a fire. There are probably better ways of doing this now so I'll be looking into it. BTW they never show up for children in CAS for some reason...
Test Subject
#48 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 4:51 AM
Hi! I love the idea and you've done a great job at executing it but I was hoping you would consider a less severe version? I know that doesn't really fit with the animations, since the sim's whole self catches alight, but I was hoping for something a bit more realistic, like just a hand or a small portion of leg or body burnt, and the full left/right/body burns were a lot lower percentage chance of happening.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 6:18 PM
hey what do you think about using this https://satterlly.tumblr.com/post/1...nth-of-the-hill burn scars if you get the permission to use them?
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 12:46 AM
Hi, is this mod still working with the latest patch?
Page 2 of 4