Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 6:50 PM
Default Is AwesomeMod No Longer Availible????????
So I have been using AwesomeMod since like 2011, and I tried to go to the website to make sure my mod wasn't out of date and when I clicked on the site I got the 500 Internal Server Error.

Does this mean they are done with it?

If so this makes me very sad because it's the only mod that fixes issues and runs smoothly and quietly in the background. Nraas has some really good ones but they just don't run as well and the features are broken into several different pieces that each require tuning and updating.

Maybe Nraas will take it over???? They did with Ani mods so why not Pescado's lol
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 6:54 PM
No, it's just MATY going down like it randomly does.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 6:37 AM
Nrass won't take asesome mod since it is the as story progression just with extra features.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 8:52 AM
You can still grab it from moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3. It's just the forum that's down.

Hopefully it comes back soon. Too much valuable content to lose it for good.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=ericapoe] Nraas has some really good ones but they just don't run as well and the features are broken into several different pieces that each require tuning and updating.

Hello ericapoe - What NRaas mods are broken? Our Developer Chain_Reaction has been updating and enhancing the mods since Twallan Retired. Have you reported what needs tuning and updating?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 11:19 AM
I think what ericapoe meant is that the NRaas suite consists of several stand-alone mods with modules, add-ons and plug-ins. Not that they are broken.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 11:44 AM Last edited by barbarat : 5th Jan 2017 at 3:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I think what ericapoe meant is that the NRaas suite consists of several stand-alone mods with modules, add-ons and plug-ins. Not that they are broken.

Hi there Don Babilon - Point taken thanks but it's hard to interpret
Quote:
features are broken into several different pieces that each require tuning and updating.
any other way especially for those simmers not familiar with the suite of mods. Don't want to scare the folks off :D
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 4:52 PM Last edited by igazor : 5th Jan 2017 at 5:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ericapoe
Nraas has some really good ones but they just don't run as well and the features are broken into several different pieces that each require tuning and updating.

Not everyone happens to agree with that assessment and many of us prefer the modular, more flexible approach. To each their own, although Awesome and most NRaas mods can peacefully co-exist. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Awesome

Quote: Originally posted by ericapoe
Maybe Nraas will take it over???? They did with Ani mods so why not Pescado's lol

We "inherited" Ani's mods when she approached us, asked us to give them a good home, and consider extending their development. I'm sensing this wasn't a serious suggestion, but regardless of what the answer might be I'd say the chances of Pescado asking us to do the same are probably somewhere around slim to forgetaboutit.
Theorist
#9 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 6:25 PM
I think there is a HUGE learning curve to take advantage of all the features that the suite of NRAAS mods offer. AM has the advantage of being much simpler and some people really like that.

As for me, I finally decided that I wanted more control over how things worked so I switched to NRAAS but after years of using them I'm still not familiar with half of what they can do.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Site Helper
#10 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 6:39 PM
Fortunately, the default options in NRAAS are generally fairly good (Although with Story Progression you do want to learn how not to get inundated with notifications of people starting a new job or new school the minute you start a new neighborhood. )

But yeah. I play until I spot something that I think I would really like to change, then poke around in the various NRAAS mods to see if any of them handle it. Most of the time they do.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#11 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:40 AM
I ended up getting AM with the config set to disable automatic school assignments because that automated enrollement was driving me insane.I didn't enable anything other than one or two minor bugfixes beyond that to fix toddlers of thin patenrs aging up into blimps.My AM config file is compatible with a full set of NRaas Mods as I still use almost the entire collection and have used the mixture for over a month without any crashes.
That working link for AM dosen't get you to the config setup page because that's also broken.