Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#2401 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 12:42 AM Last edited by metal_goat : 27th Sep 2011 at 12:58 AM.
Oh my God, I am blown away with all the customization you can give your pets. It's so fantastic. I am just squealing over here.

However, I've noticed something with the fluffy animals: there's a thin line around the fur, kind of like, uhh, the mesh line, I guess. Is this just me, or is it a problem with the actual game?

"It sucks because the vampires don't run fast enough. Lets be realistic - any vampire could run at leas a 4.5 40. These guys ran somewhere between a 4.8.-4.9."
Advertisement
Inventor
#2402 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by metal_goat
However, I've noticed something with the fluffy animals: there's a thin line around the fur, kind of like, uhh, the mesh line, I guess. Is this just me, or is it a problem with the actual game?

I have it too. I believe it is just a glitch/mistake. I think it goes away in game though.
Lab Assistant
#2403 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 1:11 AM
I hope so, too. It's really distracting and I love having fluffy animals

"It sucks because the vampires don't run fast enough. Lets be realistic - any vampire could run at leas a 4.5 40. These guys ran somewhere between a 4.8.-4.9."
Inventor
#2404 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
I've updated the SimsWiki with two sections: Game_Help:Sims_3_Huntingwiki and Game_Help:Sims_3_Minor_Petswiki.

Thank you for those links, but I am disappointed that there is no social bar for birds. That is essential to a real parrot. And a cockatoo costing significantly less than the macaws and amazon? Weird. Maybe they meant that price for the cockaTIEL. That would make a heck of a lot more sense.
Eminence Grise
#2405 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
I've updated the SimsWiki with two sections: Game_Help:Sims_3_Huntingwiki and Game_Help:Sims_3_Minor_Petswiki.

Ahh, very fun I hope "Our Friend Fred" is a sculpture, and not a dismembered sim!

As an avid collector (Sims not RL :p), I can see a lot of my sims having dogs just for that, even though I'm more of a cat person.

Wonder if the "dig spots" are just like the dig spots in WA, or if they're different? Will dogs find WA dig spots?

This is really cute, but I think it's gonna be annoying

Quote:
"These speech types are learned autonomously:

Doorbell
Phone

There's a 50% chance a large bird will repeat this sound after hearing it. Once it learned the speech type, the bird can repeat it. There's a 70% chance a Sim will believe the doorbell or phone is ringing and will try to answer it."

Was very glad that teaching a bird to speak builds charisma though, just like TS2... skilling that with a mirror is just so boring
Field Researcher
#2406 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 3:59 AM
Here's Ralph from the 1998 TV show, The Secret Files of the SpyDogs. Naturally I couldn't make an exact replica due to his exaggerated features but he seems playful enough. I included a comparison shot cause I doubt anyone knows who he is.

Lab Assistant
#2407 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 4:11 AM
Aw, he's adorable!

Theorist
#2408 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 6:00 AM
RinconDelSimmer has somehow managed to upload the full versions of some of the new songs. You can also listen to short samples of all the composed music on Amazon UK. It's going to be released a full week before the game comes out!

Interesting to see Steve Jablonsky has now been replaced too. Chris Lennertz is the new composer but the musical style seems to be about the same. I still find the music really enjoyable though, it's way better than the base game music and on par if not better than the LN and Generations music. My personal favourite is Looking For Kitty, and Cul-De-Sac Of Memories sounds like it may rock my socks off. The main theme is really good too. I like how adventurous it sounds, it's the perfect fit for pets and Aaaappaloosa Plains. I'm not sure if it can top the Unleashed soundtrack but it's still really good from what I've listened to so far.
Scholar
#2409 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 7:12 AM
The main theme is awesome! ♥ hahahaha
Inventor
#2410 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 8:35 AM
I'll wait on the music, never listen to it anyways :P

I just have to share the Scooby-Doo I created, since I am so proud of how he came out!

Retired
retired moderator
#2411 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 12:07 PM
The dig spots are at least slightly different from WA ones in that they can generate from other spawners. The XMLs suggest there's a small chance of them generating from insect, gem, metal spawners, etc.

Likewise, WA insect and gem spawners now have a small chance of spawning collectible animals too.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#2412 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 6:15 PM
I have a mod for use with the Jailbreak mod on the demo, which creates more wild animals in the test world: 20 wild horses, 6 deer, more stray dogs and cats. http://gnautylilgnomes.com/forum/index.php?topic=3520.0

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Top Secret Researcher
#2413 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 6:54 PM
Not fond of the music..sounds pretty much like the music they had before, game show music. Not that I was expecting anything different. I had hoped they would have a new radio station with country music to go with the western theme.
Field Researcher
#2414 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 7:16 PM Last edited by Freelance Wolf : 27th Sep 2011 at 7:38 PM.
Great Scooby you got there. Very different from mine and it's just as good.

Anyway, here's my next creation. You may think he looks easy, but you know they're never easy. Here's my wolf version of the air pirate, Don Karnage from the 1990 TV show, Tale Spin from Disney. I gave him a handsome goldy colour to match his status.

Rubric Wrangler
#2415 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 7:21 PM
Sorry to be a downer, but Create-a-Pet compared to Sims 2 is very much "two steps forward, one step back". Please don't mistake me for someone who dislikes TS3, I like TS3 and have high hopes for TS3 Pets. There are certainly some improvements, but many useful features of TS2 Pets have been abandoned. In this "review" I'm focusing on CAP for dogs, by the way.

The coat colour tool is excellent, it blows TS2 out of the water. While the facial customization and coat colour selection has been significantly improved, fur and body customization have taken a significant down-turn. No independently selectable eyebrows, tail feathering, or beards, all of which we had in TS2. Makes it impossible to create a good Brussels Griffon, or Border Terrier, for example. The body sliders (or lack thereof) are thoroughly disappointing. Can't edit foot size and length, shoulder bulk, hindquarter bulk, etc which is extremely frustrating. I was also hoping for tail length sliders for breeds with 3/4 length docking, not impressed by the pitiful three choices there are. I would absolutely trade the improvements in coat colours for some more refined and useful body sliders.

Definitely not fond of the interface. Having to constantly switch between "basic" and "in-depth" editing for changes such as ear style is annoying, and there's a learning curve to finding what you want.

I'm certainly hoping the gameplay will bring more improvements than CAP.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Instructor
#2416 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Ahh, very fun I hope "Our Friend Fred" is a sculpture, and not a dismembered sim!

That would be cool. Unfortunately, it's just an early Sim skeleton.
Inventor
#2417 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 7:30 PM
Lab Assistant
#2418 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 8:56 PM

Finally! Man, why on earth this wasn't in the ts3 base game, I'll never know!
Field Researcher
#2419 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 9:22 PM
I do agree that a lot of body sliders seem to be mysteriously absent in Sims 3 CAP and I do miss some of them, but I think overall it's still an improvement. All the dogs I am making now look so much better than what I did in Sims 2, especially all my cartoon dogs. Not only do they look better, but they're also much more...lively, for lack of a better term. I don't think I can go back to Sims 2 CAP anymore.
Forum Resident
#2420 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
The dig spots are at least slightly different from WA ones in that they can generate from other spawners. The XMLs suggest there's a small chance of them generating from insect, gem, metal spawners, etc.

Likewise, WA insect and gem spawners now have a small chance of spawning collectible animals too.

Interesting! I wonder if they'll use this to replace the WA dig spots in a patch or something.

I'm holding out on trying the demo. I want to experience the whole thing, not just frustrating tid-bits, lol.
Rubric Wrangler
#2421 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 10:10 PM
Created Spirit from Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

Horse CAP seems better equipped than for dogs, but there are still some baffling exclusions.
Screenshots

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Mad Poster
#2422 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 10:21 PM
Going back to the music that was linked to earlier, I really like the sound of "Puppy Dog Eye". Nicely upbeat.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#2423 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 11:30 PM
Had a little time playing around with CAP, wanted to attempt my sister's pitt bull, Peaches. My sister talked some bad men that ran a dog fighting business to let her have Peaches. I put up the money. They didn't want her anyway, she was bad for business and they was going to use her for training the other dogs. They cut her tail off and her health was bad. We (my sister, niece and I) nursed her back to health. She is such a sweetie, I love her so much. She stays with me sometimes.

I am getting a little more familiar with the sliders and what affects what, but it is still some things I hope will be changed in the final release, or at least able to be modded.

The real Peaches.

My attempt to create Peaches in CAP.

Haha, learned how to use the spoiler. Finally!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#2424 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 1:09 AM Last edited by Freelance Wolf : 28th Sep 2011 at 2:12 AM.
Here's my last one for today. It's the Pokémon Mightyena. Gaogamon's next on my list. The game's not even out yet and I'm already making a bucketload of pets...

Mad Poster
#2425 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 2:39 AM
My first Unicorn sighting:

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Locked thread
Page 97 of 100