Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#151 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:20 AM
I certainly hope so, High Plains Gamer!! I've been waiting for seasons since I installed the base game and was disappointed to not find them!

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Advertisement
Theorist
#152 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
Of course, they announced Pets at the same time they announced Generations. At some level they knew Generations was a stinker and they announced something good (Pets) to take people's mind off of the fact that Generations was crap. I expect something similar here. Like an announcment of Seasons fairly shortly.

Actually, Pets wasn't announced until very shortly after Generations was released. A trailer for Generations and a trailer for Pets were what were leaked at the same time. The leaker probably knew what the fans would think of Generations though. I doubt we'll hear anything about EP7 until late March, maybe E3 at the latest (early June).
Scholar
#153 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
Of course, they announced Pets at the same time they announced Generations. At some level they knew Generations was a stinker and they announced something good (Pets) to take people's mind off of the fact that Generations was crap. I expect something similar here. Like an announcment of Seasons fairly shortly.

So true. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who caught onto that.

I remember being so weirded out when both trailers were leaked together. However, as time passed and it was quite clear Generations was a very subpar Expansion Pack, I realized that EA must have done it on purpose.

I don't know that they'll do that here, though. I would love it, though.

I guess it wouldn't be too much of a surprise if a Seasons trailer gets 'leaked' sometime soon.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Test Subject
#154 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:32 AM
I think this is the first EP I genuinely do not want at all.

But I'll probably end up buying it anyway. Just for the new objects.
Forum Resident
#155 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:50 AM
Showtime? That's a funky way of titling a Seasons EP.

THIS IS A SEASONS EP, RIGHT?

RIGHT?!
Theorist
#156 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:52 AM
Quote:

I think that Generations is one of the best S3 EPs, I use its features more than any of the others.

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#157 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desco
But I'll probably end up buying it anyway.

Yeah... me too...
Same damn thing with every EP...
I tell all my friends that the EP came out and they better keep me away from the stores and restrain me if they have to, but sooner or later, when nobody is looking I put on glasses and moustache and sneak into the mall, pay with cash so there is no electronic trail, put the EP in my inside pocket, go back home (full on stealth), and when I succeed, and nobody robbed me of my precious on the way, everyone for miles can hear my evil laugh as I put the disk into my computer...

And yes, I know that you all do that too, so don't even try to pretend like you've never done it!
Alchemist
#158 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Element Leaf
Showtime? That's a funky way of titling a Seasons EP.

THIS IS A SEASONS EP, RIGHT?

RIGHT?!

SHOWtime. Not SNOWtime.
Field Researcher
#159 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 1:18 AM
OH MAN! I would buy Snowtime with no questions asked.
Forum Resident
#160 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 2:20 AM
I think for once, I'll not be buying a S3 EP. I haven't been able to say no yet but this EP just sounds like LN's leftovers and so far, it doesn't seem to add much except social interaction, which I can't stand. I'm not interested. That's forty dollars I'll be saving, thankfully.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Scholar
#161 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amberland
I'm assuming that they are an optional feature and those of us who don't want to use them won't have to.

What has EA ever done to lead you to believe that the social features would be optional?
Forum Resident
#162 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 2:36 AM
We might not have to use them but that doesn't mean that it won't be spammed throughout the game like it already is.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 2:52 AM
It's a shame these social features are being shoved down our throat. For me, I'm excited. This reminds me of the blue spinny dancing thing I adored in TS2 that I thought we were never going to get back.

And it looks like venues are def not rabbit holes:

IDK but I think I'm gonna have fun with this EP. There are singers (with duets), circus-like features, pool tables, djs, & open community lots. Now they need to throw in a diving board.
Eminence Grise
#164 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
What has EA ever done to lead you to believe that the social features would be optional?

They gave us buttons to turn off the in-game store, to turn off usage sharing, and to turn off memories.

I actually think they HAVE to let parents turn that kind of stuff off to protect their kids, for a T rated game.

Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
I sort of took the "send your sims to your friends and have their sims come to you" as just that. That doesn't imply you'll actually be playing in your friend's hood. I was assuming you'd send them a sim, they'd get a "SO AND SO has come to visit" notification and be able to play your sim, they'd send you a sim back, and you'd get a "SO AND SO has come to visit" and would be able to play their sim.

You know, the SavedSims feature. Only with Facebook.

Ah... rereading the press release, you could be right :/ too bad, if so! I'd like to wander around a friend's hood, but sharing sims is nothing new... even if there's new programming associated with it, not something I'd be interested in.
Scholar
#165 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
We might not have to use them but that doesn't mean that it won't be spammed throughout the game like it already is.

Beside that, it has already been confirmed that there will be 'rewards' that you get specifically for using the social feature.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#166 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:13 AM
"Def not rabbit holes" - Yeah, but how many times has EA led us to believe other features weren't rabbit holes? I'd love for them not to be, but I'm sadly skeptical.

Also, EA's "sneaky" pattern is about as "sneaky" as LexyLu's moustache and glasses.
"Oh we're about ready to announce this EP, let's "leak" a completely different video to get them talking and wanting more and then take it down for "copyright" and when they least expect it (aka in the following week or so) - BAM! right in the wallet".
Seriously.
Eminence Grise
#167 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Beside that, it has already been confirmed that there will be 'rewards' that you get specifically for using the social feature.

There are already rewards for sharing memories. I have no problem ignoring them

If there is in-game spam that you can't turn off in options pushing you to use social features, though, I would be upset...

well, until a mod turns em off
Scholar
#168 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Ah... rereading the press release, you could be right :/ too bad, if so! I'd like to wander around a friend's hood, but sharing sims is nothing new... even if there's new programming associated with it, not something I'd be interested in.

Yeah I think it's just exchanging sims. It's far easier for them to send your sim to someone else (especially since it's essentially just attaching the .sim file to an email...sort of) rather than send their entire neighborhood to you.
Field Researcher
#169 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:21 AM
I've been rather disappointed with the last few Supernatural Creatures we've gotten...Imaginary Friends are annoying and creepy, and I was bored with Unicorns about a week after I installed the Pets EP. So pretty much me buying this EP depends on what kind of supernatural creature we get.

If the Supernatural Creature is an Alien than can abduct and impregnate sims...then I'll buy it, hands down, no matter the crappy facebooktwitter stuff or the fact that it sounds like an add on for Late Night.

A witch/warlock? It would depend on how good the magic system is, and how they've upgraded it from the Sims 2 version. I'm not holding my breath on this, though, considering how disappointing the Magic Book from the store was.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Theorist
#170 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:23 AM
Quote:
"Def not rabbit holes" - Yeah, but how many times has EA led us to believe other features weren't rabbit holes? I'd love for them not to be, but I'm sadly skeptical.

They're definitely not rabbit holes, why would they bother making all the cool stage objects in the video then?

Hi I'm Paul!
Is Claeric
#171 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject

I dunno, how many?
Inventor
#172 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:36 AM
Supposedly (I didn't see it myself) there was a clamshell with a plumbob in it in the trailer. SimGuruGraham posted it in his twitter feed earlier. http://twitter.com/#!/SimGuruGraham...188244869918720

Quote:
Anyone else curious why there's a plumbob inside a large clamshell in #TheSims3 Showtime trailer? I want to find out what it is!

Considering the ocean/underwater backdrop and the performers dressed up like mermaids, the creature MIGHT be mermaids.

Then again, I could totally be wrong and there could be no creature in this EP. Not like that hasn't been done before, even in Sims 2.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Forum Resident
#173 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:37 AM Last edited by Element Leaf : 7th Dec 2011 at 4:44 AM.
Wow, the trailer for Showtime is craptastic, and that's even with the heavy staging and editing we've all come to expect. The first 30 seconds are completely irrelevant, and they didn't even bother to translate the trailer's song to the trademark Simlish.

HOW EXCITING.

Also, it was immediately apparent to me that the DJ booth is just a recycling from TS2's Nightlife. Even the animations are the same. Of course, this is quite nitpicky, and it certainly isn't the first incident of EA recycling animations, but it's little touches like these that remind me how lazy they've become with the franchise. I'd bet the flame juggling animations were ripped from Bon Voyage, knowing their track record.
Inventor
#174 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarity
I dunno, how many?

Pet shows, for one. In the Pets trailer, they showed a pets show atmosphere while a pink poodle was performing. Rabbithole'd.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#175 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject

It's clearly not rabbit holes. Now, there WILL be new rabbit holes (as seen in the trailer), but they're doing what old rabbit holes do. They wouldn't advertise being able to build them if you couldn't. Shells, maybe, but not rabbit holes.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 7 of 73