Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 1:54 AM
My first post in this thread, I thought..why not?

Today was the day I decided I would fix some stuff that annoys me since forever.
I mostly use 2 stairs in the game, the Steadfast or the wooden deck...I had made some white recolor of both the stairs and railing, but it was time for more.

While I like the color of the Steadfast, I cannot really use it for outside. Both its railing and ramp looks way too indoorsie.
I like the Wooden railing and ramp...but the only floor that matches is diagonal wood planks.
Today, I made some matchingz.

First of all, I recolor the Wooden stairs, using the Steadfast texture.
Then I also had to make a railing recolor to match, using again that texture.
Since the only matching (mesh speaking) tall post fence, the Vector had no matching colors...I did this too.

Now, if I want the look of the Steadfast stairs outside, no trouble. But a deck floor was missing, as in..nothing in game matches the Steadfast stairs right?
I still have to work on both Horizontal & Vertical textures. You can see spots, I don't like spots.

And now, I had to create a matching deck floor for the Wooden stairs and railing, already in game.
These floors came out great, both Horizontal & Vertical.

Last, a recolor in Wood Deck for the Vector tall post fence was also needed.

So I am pretty much done, but tired now..and still have to work on those first floors a tad more, and they'll be to my likings.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 1:25 PM
Glad you posted Rosebine. For some reason this thread goes under pretty easily.

On another note, thank God for Google Images. I can't build lots with my mind alone to save my life, but with the help of an image I made a half decent bank. Not yet finished, but the main idea is there.
Screenshots

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#103 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 2:52 PM
I like this very much!
It DOES looks like a bank.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#104 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 7:24 PM
My little neighbourhood has been abandoned, re-started and modified a LOT since I last posted. This is what it looks like now:
Instructor
#105 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 10:40 AM
So I am starting to work on my wallpaper collection "Stockholm". Have done some wallpapers/floor before but never uploaded them. I think I am going to upload the Stockholm collection here on MTS or my tumblr. Maybe both!

Stockholm is a design collection for the typical modern and minimalism sim. It's timeless, simple and can never go wrong. The set is going to be 2 whole neutrals, 2 striped (thick and thin) and 2 patterns. I haven't decide on what kind of pattern yet, any suggestion? Or schould I go crazy and expand the collection?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 5:52 PM
Hi there

Currently I'm making recolors for the military humvee.
I made my own drivable version because the few ones I could find on the internet always included a modified mesh and the packages were heavy...
I made it recolorable with 2 subsets : one for the body of the car and one for the windshield (the original one was pretty dirty...)
You can see a preview in the picture below but please remember it's still a work in progress.

Screenshots
Instructor
#107 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 11:00 AM
Well since a finished my walls about 2 weeks ago I decied it was time to make some underwear. I have been thinking on this collection for about a month so finaly manage to start it today! The collection will be in 7 or 8 colors and called Summer sherbet (what summer is almost over??). On the picture you can see "Peach passion".

Please feel free to comment and give some tips! It's my first attempt to make underwear/clothing for years.
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 5:36 PM
If you want feedback, you should really post in Creator Feedback - this thread is strictly just for showing off. Having said that, I like the lace detail there and the colours.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#109 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyjulia
Well since a finished my walls about 2 weeks ago I decied it was time to make some underwear. I have been thinking on this collection for about a month so finaly manage to start it today! The collection will be in 7 or 8 colors and called Summer sherbet (what summer is almost over??). On the picture you can see "Peach passion".

Please feel free to comment and give some tips! It's my first attempt to make underwear/clothing for years.

I love the orange pair. Don't think I have any such underwear in my game.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Instructor
#110 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 8:58 AM
@maxon Thank you for the reminder and the comment!

@Bubblebeam Thank you soo much! I will definitly upload them here and on my tumblr so you can have some orange underwear in your game.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 3:18 PM Last edited by maxon : 31st Jul 2016 at 3:48 PM.
Having finally finished for the year (work-wise), I now actually have some time to make things. I have to get on with various projects including Polgannon's solution and the walls I was showing earlier in this thread but to get me going, I made these today for Nengi's rugs because making rugs is easy to do as long as you have good images. I enjoyed myself fiddling with Paint Shop Pro again, perhaps I can finally get those walls finished. The other news is, I updated my system to Win 10 on Thursday night. Seems to have passed without problem and the game is still running fine.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Scholar
#112 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Bubblebeam : 5th Aug 2016 at 3:27 PM.
Saw those rugs in the downloads Maxon. They're looking excellent.

Here's a nursery set I've been doing on the side on and off since May. Wanted a dark purple themed nursery for some time and couldn't find anything that was quite what I wanted. Besides that, I'm always in need of the practice in GIMP.

Excuse the pause border - feeling a bit lazy today.

Screenshots

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 4:17 PM
@Bubblebeam did you forget the pictures?

I really liked that orange sherbet that was uploaded a week or so ago by @InLovewithRed here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=580524

It's inspired me to get distracted again and make a range of ice creams - like a brand. Here are some of the tub graphics. I think I'm going to make an ice cream parlour for Polgannon. After all, it's summer there now.
Screenshots

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 4:20 PM
oooo like it @ousmeo - that would work well in Sirencester.

Scholar
#115 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 4:23 PM
Oops, weird, it's showing for me.
Screenshots

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#116 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 8:52 PM
I'm working on some diapers. I'm going to try to upload a big set of diapers. I don't think anyone has done this before, but these diapers sure look realistic!

Here are some Luvs diapers

Here are some Pampers diapers

Another design of Pampers

And just a plain white diaper

Well I've got more to come but that's all I've got now.
Test Subject
#117 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 4:20 PM
I'm trying to make working lit up night versions of the hood deco buildings. it's going well so far I really want to make them default replacements, but I have no idea how to do that...

Alchemist
#118 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 3:32 AM
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 1:00 PM
Do you think that's going to work properly for all sims then omglo? Nice hack to have, especially for criminal sims.

Alchemist
#120 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 6:00 PM
It's working fine so far. Kimberly picked Armand's pockets, her sister's pockets (which was a waste of time, since they live together and share funds), then went down to a community lot and stole from several unsuspecting Sims. The plan is for it to be non-autonomous and available for teens and up. It's still in testing, though.
Theorist
#121 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 6:32 PM
Sounds interesting.
Theorist
#122 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
It's working fine so far. Kimberly picked Armand's pockets, her sister's pockets (which was a waste of time, since they live together and share funds), then went down to a community lot and stole from several unsuspecting Sims. The plan is for it to be non-autonomous and available for teens and up. It's still in testing, though.

Great idea, I would love something like this. Look forward to seeing how your testing progresses.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Forum Resident
#123 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 12:43 AM
Playing around with retextures... I kind of like it. Like, a lot.

Would anyone else be interested in TS4-style Maxis-match retextures? Or is it just a one-person market?

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Scholar
#124 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 5:37 AM
If you like your retextures, and it comes out well, then upload it to ModTheSims. You created something you like a lot. I'm sure you're not a one-person market.

I've been working on another update to a download I've uploaded here years ago. It's a superhero uniform for Wolverine, based his 1970's style. It's still a work in progress, have lots of joints to tweak and fix to make the uniform feel right. I'm not thrilled about the way the shoulder pads look. I haven't figured out how to make them point outwards without clipping into the bicep muscles. So that is the result so far:

This uniform is being tried out by a local resident in the neighborhood named...Mister Tester. Yes, he lives in a skinny 3 level abode. Usually wears a chef's hat and a white cook's uniform, but today he's sporting Wolverine's uniform with green tinted glasses.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#125 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 1:16 PM
Looking good d_dgjdhh

Page 5 of 22