Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#3726 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 2:33 PM
I'm not gon na be back online for a long time!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3728 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 9:00 AM
Just in today: our newly harvested baby hates children. I wonder how this will play out. Her mother is the 16th generation of the bloodline, currently residing in a Sunset Valley makeover.

Way back, the founder's daughter was an evil alien witch who became a mad scientist, stole her brother's wife, had a plant/alien hybrid baby as an elder, put a Thirst curse on the vampire wife along with a Sunlight charm (you can guess how that ended) and was basically really cold and evil but everyone just swarmed around her.

Generation 16 is an evil alien from the wishing well, aptly named "Ann-Noemi" by her mother to allude to the fact they were instant enemies. Poor Ann still has zero friends and decided to follow in founder's daughters footsteps by becoming an evil scientist and creating plant hybrids. She planted three seeds of the forbidden fruit, but one of them was "foul", resulting in the traits pictured. TIL.

Ann's a very busy woman still, so the babies have to fend for themselves. It should be very easy once they age up, though, since alien plant sims have very few needs to take care of.
Screenshots

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#3729 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 2:38 AM Last edited by Elynda : 8th Dec 2021 at 4:04 AM. Reason: correcting
I've been rather neglecting my Fordyce saga lately, whilst concentrating on story telling. I hadn't meant to, I'm determined to continue for as many generations as I can, and I'm only on the third. But today I managed, finally, to get back to Finnington.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Instructor
#3730 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 2:32 PM
Since I'm now able to play Sims 3 without it crashing every 5 mins, I have been getting my foot into doing challenges. I finally completed the 100 babies (or the 1 man -100 babies) challenge and now, I'm playing a challenge in the Pleasantview world created by PleasantSims. I'm not even finished Rotation #1 and there's already drama happening .

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Scholar
#3731 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 2:24 AM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Dec 2021 at 3:33 PM. Reason: correcting spelling
Another Fordyce update:-

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Instructor
#3732 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 3:04 PM
These are inappropriate outfits to go to the lounge, are they?

Screenshots

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Top Secret Researcher
#3733 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 10:14 PM Last edited by 310175 : 3rd Jan 2022 at 10:42 PM.
My fourth generation of the Joy family in Riverview has just given birth to twins right before she became an elder! That was just an accident from a one-night stand with a guy not much older than her son.
So, I think it makes sense to keep her adult son who isn't finished with university in the house, together with his family friendly wife. I guess we're back to a household with many children after a generation with few and a life that was fine with only one son.

ETA: 5 minutes after I wrote this, a meteor destroyed her garden she had cared for her whole life! At least it wasn't the babies. Although I'm a bit more attached to the plants than the burritos at this point.
Scholar
#3734 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 5:09 AM
One of my sims just fought with a burglar. During the skirmish they discovered they had something in common: they were both evil. "I don't care what anybody says," quoth the felonious fellow out of a cloud of dust and pink hearts "I think you're hot!". So they took a little break to express their mutual esteem and to discuss their shared interests before he fled into the night. And, as darkness swallowed him up, my sim rolled a wish to "become friends with Willie". Yeah, cos that was his name.

A case of love at first fight, I suppose.

Forum Resident
#3735 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 8:20 PM
I got serious troubles with this game probably wrong mods and or cc but my computer hardly handles the game . (yes I am frustrated I love ts3)
But sometimes I still play a little bit before closing and I had a funny scene.
My simself went out to the Police Department,she finished to do the police chores , private eyes often does. I told her to come back home to feed her pets, one bowl was empty. When she walked to take her magic broom, one of her colleague saws her and he suddenly panicked thinking of her ahaha.
When I say all sims knows the magic status of each others... supernatural or not ! This scene confirms my thoughts.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Scholar
#3736 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 10:49 AM
My household had a break-in, no big deal, happens all the time, BUT then our roommate Jae-Min started talking to the cop after he did the assessment of what was missing and the cop put him in cuffs too! But he didn't take him to jail. So now our roommate is wandering around the house with his hands stuck behind his back, even playing video games that way. I wish I knew what was said, but I don't control him.... going to see where this goes.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#3737 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 9:46 PM
Oh dear! It's going to be awkward when he needs to pee!

Forum Resident
#3738 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 12:08 AM
@MurderPrincessK : What a story ! I never saw this scene yet in my game.Thanks for sharing.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Scholar
#3739 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 7:27 AM
I have a feeling the cop should have taken Jae-Min to jail instead of leaving him at the house.
Though I still don't know what he did wrong.
I don't really think cuffed sims are meant to wander free in the game and it was a glitch.
The game never gave me an option to let him out of the handcuffs so he continued to go about his life with his head held low and his hands behind his back.
He ate that way. Drank that way. Showered that way. Pooped and even Woohoo'd that way.
I eventually had to reset him because I couldn't find an option to free up his hands w/o doing so.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#3740 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 10:46 PM Last edited by Elynda : 30th Jan 2022 at 8:58 PM.
I'm presently attempting to finally get to grips with Nraas SP. To test things out I'm playing in Monte Vista, and to make things interesting I've set myself a bit of a challenge. My sim, a teen, is living alone and trying to make money enough to live on without actually getting a job. There is a big unoccupied lot in MV which has vegetable plots and an orchard, and so far she has made over a thousand simoleons by harvesting the produce there. Well, if nobody owns the lot it's not as if it's stealing, is it? Plus she's got to Level 3 Gardening without ever planting anything. She doesn't even have a garden, it's all cobble stones.

Once she'd got enough lifetime happiness points I gave her the Discount Diner reward and sent her to the restaurant in the town for a free lunch. On the way there an opportunity came up to enter an eating contest with a cash prize. Sounds worth a go, I thought, and clicked on accept. But before she could enter the restaurant a message came up saying she'd been disqualified for leaving the lot before the contest was over. But she'd just arrived on the lot! I've had that message come up before, even when I hadn't entered the contest! Is it a known bug, or just my game playing silly buggers with me again?

Well, she still got her free lunch anyway.

Instructor
#3741 Old 4th Feb 2022 at 10:16 PM
bruh, how do you game like that?
Screenshots

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Scholar
#3742 Old 8th Feb 2022 at 9:51 AM Last edited by Elynda : 10th Feb 2022 at 2:03 AM.
So, what's the news from Finnington?

Lab Assistant
#3743 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 6:35 AM
I'm attempting to fulfill one of the harder Lifetime Wishes from the ground up, and I randomly rolled Gold Digger. Made me a lovely red lady (design based off of the one in the Sims 2 GameCube opening because I recently 100% that game again) and gave her an irish setter for company as I looked for a pre-made sim to marry, all while trying to make enough money to get by in Bridgeport.

Was gonna get with Kai Leiko (who apparently isn't with anyone), but found if I moved in with him and killed him, I'd be left with the rest of his household to manage. Debated on whether to kill them too or not, but I felt it was too much work to do (and I'd feel bad about it), so I broke up with him. He got mad about it, and after a few days he invited me to a party and then proceed to spread a fake rumor about me. Since then I've declared war on Kai, and anytime I see him I throw a bee elixir at him to ruin his day.

I settled for Matthew Hamming and I'm slowly working my way up to marrying him. Tried sending him some love letters, but somehow or another I got a few letters from Apollo Bloom (whom I befriended), and I feel bad for not responding back to him.
My sim also ended up getting pregnant with Matthew's child and now I'm starting to have second thoughts about marrying and killing him because of the kid.
Alchemist
#3744 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 2:01 PM
Since things started slowly go wonkly in the town my sim lived, he decided that it was time to move. Treace had married Malcolm Landgraab a a few days before, so they packed their bags and moved into Isla Paradiso. There was an old Landgraab mansion which Malcolm had inherited and they settled there. Of course, there was another suprise coming their way as Treace suddenly found himself pregnant with a girl. Malcolm being a world famous surgeon easily determined the baby's gender. Both are eager to see what the baby will look like or if she will be an alien like Treace. 42nd generation on the way. Yay!

Scholar
#3745 Old 14th Feb 2022 at 12:25 AM Last edited by Elynda : 24th Feb 2022 at 5:14 AM.
A new addition to the Fordyce Household...

So, I've been 'simnapping' again. Well, when I see a pretty teen sim sitting all forlorn on a park bench and I learn that she is a homeless orphan, I can't resist. Finnington badly needs some new blood, and this girl is certainly a cut above the usual game generated puddings. I haven't changed anything about her except for her hair. Her name is Aja Braswell. And, since there is a room going spare at Fordyce Manor now that Alison has moved out, I used MC to move Aja in.

By coincidence there has been a Braswell in my town before, although she's no longer among the living. Her name was Sara Braswell-Hays (because I hadn't yet learned how to stop Nraas SP hyphenating names). And, although she was no relation, when I found Sara's ghost hovering about the bone yard, I took it for an omen and couldn't resist using MC to make her Aja's late lamented mother.

So welcome to the family Aja.

Scholar
#3746 Old 14th Feb 2022 at 4:50 AM
Default Calm Coast
Finally frankenstein'd a small playable dreamworld. Only took a decade.
*potato pics*
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#3747 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 5:52 AM
Managed to marry Matthew Hamming, but in the process of moving, I lost all of my Lifetime rewards for my dog (within my family inventory) and a couple of personal inventory items because I didn't understand how move in worked. Tried 3 times to save everything, but I lost the dog's stuff each time. It's a bug apparently, and rather than leave them on the lot to pick up later or buydebug them back, I decided to move on and just focus on the relationship (takes too long to load things and I'm impatient)

As I was figuring out how to take Matthew out, I decided to build up his celeb reputation to make his end a lot more impactful. He fulfilled his LTW, got 2 awards and made 2 hit books, while my sim had a book that flopped and several rumors screwing over her rep, leading her to throw a star tantrum in Matthew's trailer. I like to think of it as her failed attempts to be as successful as Matthew is what'll lead to her killing him (I'm thinking of letting him die by Murphy bed, but I don't know the odds of it happening.) He also had some random npc sending countless love letters to him, and my sim in all her jealousy and rage decided to kill them (while also killing the burglar who kept robbing my old house during the city search.) I dumped their graves by Plasma 501 and thought of putting Matthew's grave there in the future for story reasons.

All the while, my dog's age apparently glitched at some point after she became an Elder; she ages, but as the bar goes up she gains days rather than loses them. I tried resetting her, altering the days in settings, but she wouldn't age and got a negative number for days to transition. Idk if Overwatch was gonna catch it or not, but I decided to age her myself since I didn't want it to bug out the game if it came to it. She had a good run and helped my sim get money in the early days, so I thought it'd be fitting to decorate her grave with some diamond dog statues.
There's also a copy of my sim running around the city that I can't seem to find and delete with Nraas but Matthew knows it apparently. Trying to lure it over with him to permanently delete it and hopefully not have any future issues.
Test Subject
#3748 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 3:12 PM
I went CC shopping today. I'm trying to make a home from a warehouse for a trashy sim, and my goal was to find a few grunge items to make the warehouse still feel like a warehouse while also making it livable.
And of course, 1 hour turns into 3 hours and I've definitely found more than a 'few' things. Regardless, I'll make use of all the clutter, lol.
And all I did was place everything that I found, haven't actually set it up yet.

I don't usually like objects that use language other than Simlish, but I reallllyyyy liked these.

And this oven, which looks like a fireplace is pretty neat.
Test Subject
#3749 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 10:12 PM
Update for anyone that wants to see the warehouse fully decorated.

Kitchen - It'll definitely look better once everything gets dirty and spoiled food gets left out, lol.

Not really sure what to call this area. I guess the remnant area that still reminds its owner 'you live in a warehouse and don't ever forget it'.
Also, my sims cat, Mozzarella, loves to scratch EVERYTHING, as you can see.

Front part, the garage area I guess?

Since the whole warehouse is one open room it was kind of hard to naturally section off areas for 'rooms'. So the 'bedroom' bleeds into the bathroom as well the dining area. At least the bathroom is partly divided with a divider, to allow some privacy.

And last but not least, the work area. My sim is currently self-employeed as a sculptor, and also dabbled in street art and playing the guitar.

Here's an overhead view. I still have to trash the outside a little to make it fit in with the rest of the surroundings.
Lab Assistant
#3750 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 5:29 AM
Managed to finally locate and delete the rogue clone of my sim; turns out it went from paparazzi to magician, which explains why I had so much trouble finding it out in the wild. I had to cheat though in order to delete it (by upping the relationship and inviting them over), but at least the clone's gone for good. Been getting some other strange issues in my game lately I've never seen before, mainly Townies spawning in penthouse walls and getting stuck (my mod is catching/resetting them, but it's not freeing them from the wall.) Someone mentioned it was an issue with the mailboxes being on walls where hidden room markers are on the other side, so I've tried fixing it by moving the mailboxes on entirely separate walls so they spawn in the lobby, but it stops working after awhile for whatever reason. Some sims I can just cheat to move them out, but others don't even visibly appear for me to free them. Idk what's going on, I didn't have this issue when I played in Bridgeport before.

Still have yet to see a death by Murphy bed happen; it's fallen a few times but no death triggered. I'm getting to the point it'd probably be best to just kill Matthew with something else. Been also trying to invite his brother over to the house so he can meet his nephew, and he's been as successful as ever while getting weird opportunities too:

Never seen this before and I don't understand why he's being asked this.

My lady also had a scandalous affair/friends with benefits thing with Beau Merrick (and we were caught by one of his roommates returning when she just left a few minutes ago for whatever reason.)
Now I was mostly curious about having twins/triplets since the first time I tried with Matthew and had only an elixir it failed. A lot of people told me that doing the kids music+kids tv+fertility treatment is highly effective. And they weren't kidding: I got triplets! Beau's such a stud lol. All boys, all vampires, all with pyromania and ready to torment their older human brother.
Strangest thing is that while I didn't get publicly disgraced for doing an occult (mainly due to a mod I had for a different supernatural family), I got disgraced for having the triplets out of wedlock despite being married to Matthew (didn't get a moodlet for though):

I'm guessing the game checks if the pregnant sim was married to the father of the kid(s) rather than married in general for this to trigger. I learned that today. There should be a mod to tweak that.
Page 150 of 162