Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#2301 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by x-tashi-x
I was looking at some TS3 (or as they call it, "The Horror") pics and someone put thier self sim, and said something along the lines of "My self sim who looks like a dollie." Immediatley everyone commented how ugly and lame it was. EUGH!

I saw that too and I was really hoping the "ugly" comments were a joke. She didn't look ugly to me. I would've given her different hair and clothes...but that's just my personal taste.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2302 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSamborski
Its my guess that EA will release a second patch in a month or so, since the broken story progression is going to net them a giganto poo storm. This patch will proceed to break everything Pescado has done. *sigh

I read a post on the bbs written by someone who got the game early and they claimed the story progression is working as it should. Unfortunately I cannot give you the link, cause I read it a few days ago.
Lab Assistant
#2303 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:25 PM
They can't have done a very thorough job, because here is a shortlist of the most serious bugs so far:

*Changing households leads to all kinds of bugs
*Objects and items dissappear for no reason (unless there is also a personality trait that allows mugging and the theft of stuff like garbage)
*Marrying NPC's doesn't work and will cause the household to be deleted
*Removing NPCs is impossible, they will reappear and move back in
*NPCs respawn rather than have children, respawn if killed, and respawn if moved into a household
*Turning story progression off has no effect
Lab Assistant
#2304 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:55 PM
One of my female Sims outfits is bugged. Whenever she switches to the pyjama/underwear she appears butt naked and bald. Looks like the barbies my sister used to have after I pulled out all the hair.
Field Researcher
#2305 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
I saw that too and I was really hoping the "ugly" comments were a joke. She didn't look ugly to me. I would've given her different hair and clothes...but that's just my personal taste.

Yeah, I actually thought it was quite pretty. But there is no room for niceties at MATY.

On another note, IS STORY PROGRESSION BORKED IN THE FINAL GAME? People at MATY say yes (but nobody over there HAS the final game) but on the bbs forums, Mr Humble says no. If it is borked, does the patch fix it? Surely it would. Surely. They wouldn't make a patch without fixing the big story progression problem... would they? WOULD THEY?
Lab Assistant
#2306 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:51 PM
There are some pretty obvious errors in the game, I honestly don't understand how they got through to release, especially considering all the delays. Can only hope that THE patch fixes all of them
Field Researcher
#2307 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:54 PM
Has anyone downloaded the patch with the legit version of the game and can confirm this? Three days to go and I'm going nuts.

Also, I was all excited for the americans to get their game tomorrow, but then I remembered that here in Aus I'm about a day ahead. So it's not really tomorrow, it's more like... tomorrow and a half away. Lame. I was looking forward to screens! As in more screens. Because I don't have enough. Omm nom nom.
Field Researcher
#2308 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JeNNacide
Also, I was all excited for the americans to get their game tomorrow, but then I remembered that here in Aus I'm about a day ahead. So it's not really tomorrow, it's more like... tomorrow and a half away. Lame. I was looking forward to screens! As in more screens. Because I don't have enough. Omm nom nom.

No.. it releases tomorrow here... you were right the first time :P

I ordered mine through Amazon.com and did the 'release day delivery' ... so, barring any UPS snafu I should have it tomorrow :yay:

Peace

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Lab Assistant
#2309 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:50 PM
Quote:
There are some pretty obvious errors in the game, I honestly don't understand how they got through to release, especially considering all the delays. Can only hope that THE patch fixes all of them

It's absolutely mind-boggling that they would release the game in this state, and it makes me seriously question what they've been doing since the original release date back in february. Personally I think *very little*. I think they're working to crank out the first expansion in time for christmas. Wait and see! It'll come!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2310 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:41 PM
Bugs will always exist, but when they are so obvious like the Story Progression one, I fail to see how they let that one slip by. It's just strange because it's one of the most requested features that was added to the game later on. And all that advertising for the game... jeez. I just hope the patch will get here soon.
Test Subject
#2311 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:14 PM
Hey everyone~

Not to derail all the patch talk, but I just wanted to give a big THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed all the TS3 info in this thread. I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the links posted (still have a few more to go ).

Back on topic - I pray there are no HUGE bugs in the final version, but even if people on other sites are claiming there are, I still won't be able to stop myself from picking up a copy at midnight tonight. And I won't cancel my Amazon preorder for the Collector's Edition, either. (My OCD makes me feel like I need every aspect of The Sims when it comes to bonus material to enjoy it... already have my Target Intro CD pattern code ready to go. )

~phorang3
Lab Assistant
#2312 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:43 PM
Heck, even with the bugs I'll have to get it... I'm confident things WILL eventually be patched up, but I am really dismayed at the way they've put this thing out. It just adds another level of insult to the relationship between EAxis and it's increasingly reluctant customers...
Test Subject
#2313 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LE102071
No.. it releases tomorrow here... you were right the first time :P

I ordered mine through Amazon.com and did the 'release day delivery' ... so, barring any UPS snafu I should have it tomorrow :yay:

Peace
I ordered through Amazon, as well, and it says it shipped this morning... hopefully it won't go through any snares!

Lab Assistant
#2314 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:36 PM
ahh,,im gettin so excited. i checked my order status at walmart and it said it has been shipped. im hopin i get it by wednesday ., i hope there arent any MAJOR bugs that makes the game unplayable or somethin like that
Lab Assistant
#2315 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alwayskatharine
I ordered through Amazon, as well, and it says it shipped this morning... hopefully it won't go through any snares!

I just checked mine on Amazon and it says "Shipment #1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed."

Which I will assume means it's in the process of being shipped out as we speak.

Too bad I have summer class and work tomorrow.
Lab Assistant
#2316 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:54 PM
Well I look forward to having some more people to talk to about the game! Feel like I'm the odd one out now, along with the others (un)lucky enough to get their copies early.
Test Subject
#2317 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kohakuchan
I just checked mine on Amazon and it says "Shipment #1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed."

Which I will assume means it's in the process of being shipped out as we speak.

Too bad I have summer class and work tomorrow.

kohakuchan, did you order the Collector's Edition? I'm also getting "Shipping Soon", not "Items Shipped on June 1, 2009"...
Lab Assistant
#2318 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phorang3
kohakuchan, did you order the Collector's Edition? I'm also getting "Shipping Soon", not "Items Shipped on June 1, 2009"...

No, I ordered the standard edition.

What "shipping soon" means to me is that they're in the process of preparing it to leave the warehouse, i.e. it's packed and everything, they just haven't got it in the system and sent it yet. So it very well could go out tonight still. And often I'll get a "order shipped" e-mail that was actually sent a few hours after the package actually entered the system, so it does take a while to update.

I could be wrong. That's just my guess.

ETA: If they do happen to miss the delivery date, BTW, Amazon will refund your shipping fees. Just as a note. (Probably poor consolation if you get your game late -- I know I'll be upset if it doesn't arrive tomorrow -- but just sayin'.)
Test Subject
#2319 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:43 PM
wow great.
Test Subject
#2320 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kohakuchan
No, I ordered the standard edition.

What "shipping soon" means to me is that they're in the process of preparing it to leave the warehouse, i.e. it's packed and everything, they just haven't got it in the system and sent it yet. So it very well could go out tonight still. And often I'll get a "order shipped" e-mail that was actually sent a few hours after the package actually entered the system, so it does take a while to update.

I could be wrong. That's just my guess.

ETA: If they do happen to miss the delivery date, BTW, Amazon will refund your shipping fees. Just as a note. (Probably poor consolation if you get your game late -- I know I'll be upset if it doesn't arrive tomorrow -- but just sayin'.)

I see, thanks. It's been awhile since I've ordered through Amazon (and I've never preordered a videogame before) so I wasn't 100% sure what the order status meant.
Lab Assistant
#2321 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:54 PM
And I just checked my bank account. Amazon charged my card at 10:29 this morning. They don't charge you until they've shipped your order. So... I'm crossing my fingers and hoping their system is behind.
Theorist
#2322 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:40 AM
SimGuruRain posted information about Riverview on her blog here: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/SimGuruRain

Bob Newbie is back, and apparently when we download Riverview we get more country style objects such as a scarecrow. Sounds interesting!
Instructor
#2323 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:56 AM
Hmmm... the Gurus seem to be taking the fact that many of us (not me, sniff) have our games early extremely well. Perhaps they too have had an AI improvement?
Lab Assistant
#2324 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:19 AM
I wonder what she means about the Skip twice thing? Im guessing it has something to do with Skip Broke.(That is his name right?) Im so glad they have the Broke and Newbie family!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2325 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 2:37 AM
The End Of Info Project
Okay, tons of reviews have been floating around and it is getting rather overwhelming, but I updated the OP with all of them (English ones only of course). This will be the last day because by tomorrow, many people (including myself) will have had the game and we can just answer questions since that will be more specific than company reviews. And plus I had said that I would stop at release date (I know I said release week as well but the OP is long enough). Thanks everyone for reading! I appreciate your support and it was a fun project that lasted very close to a year. The game will finally be out and we can all finally play! Happy Sims 3 Simming!
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: thanks, frankie!
Page 93 of 94