Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#2226 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 2:59 PM
Jones rejects his son's request to play red hands.

Only the Servos in this household have seen their master and mistress asleep in bed.

"I can't believe I got beaten by a robot in red hands!"

"Hey Johnny, just wanted to tell you... your wife is smokin' hot!"

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2227 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 1:43 AM
For the head-master visit I like to make a coffee corner by the dining table, with an end table to put the empty cup on. When he is just about done with dinner I have someone serve coffee, watch to make sure no one takes the second cup, then the head-master will help himself to a cup for those extra points.
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2228 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 12:43 PM
Use the regular coffee maker, not the espresso machine. The coffee maker makes (I think) 6 cups worth of coffee, so you don't have to worry about another family member grabbing the second cup. Both types of coffee are worth the same 10 points, so you're not losing anything. The coffee maker is also cheaper.

You can also serve drinks at the bar, but bars are expensive and take up a lot of floor space in the house.

I always turn free will off for the headmaster scenario anyway. The last time I left it on, my digital idiots did their very best to get in the way and otherwise screw things up as much as possible.
Mad Poster
#2229 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Use the regular coffee maker, not the espresso machine. The coffee maker makes (I think) 6 cups worth of coffee, so you don't have to worry about another family member grabbing the second cup. Both types of coffee are worth the same 10 points, so you're not losing anything. The coffee maker is also cheaper.

=
I didn't know the head master would drink from regular coffee, or that it's worth the same points (since the espresso gives more "fun"). But then, the Master isn't into fun. And isn't there a more modern name for the principal of a school?

Mad Poster
#2230 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 9:54 PM
The headmaster seems to stay "leashed" to whichever sim you used to greet him and give the tour. Have your greeter drink coffee, drink juice from the bar, or get into the hot tub and the headmaster will follow the greeter's lead.

For general use, most of my families have an espresso maker if they can afford it. For the headmaster scenario, this goes in somebody's inventory and is temporarily replaced with an ordinary coffee maker. I have a couple of families where the "family coffee maker" has been passed down through the generations from one sim's inventory to another and is only ever used to impress the headmaster - sort of a ceremonial family heirloom.

If you choose to use the hot tub, make sure to do it LAST after all the other activities in the scenario. It can be difficult to get the headmaster back out of the hot tub (which is why I never use it for the headmaster scenario). I don't know whether or not anybody ever made a mod to fix this problem.

According to Wikipedia, "headmaster" is a regional term, not necessarily an old-fashioned one. There are several different terms used in different parts of the world. This NPC is also connected to a private school which may consider the term "headmaster" classier or more prestigious than "principal".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_teacher
Mad Poster
#2231 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 8:30 AM
RoxEllen; VERY helpful! I didn't even know about the hot tub. Should whoever greets him do all the other interactions? Because he often gives a negative reaction to "smooze", I have someone else try that part (or start with just talking) maybe someone with high charisma, but I can't tell if it makes a difference.

Mad Poster
#2232 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 12:00 PM
In my game the headmaster only drinks coffee, etc. if the greeter does it first. Anybody can schmooze, call to dinner, give tour, etc. I often have several family members schmooze him, even the kids. Once I find somebody he reacts well to, I have them talk to him. Ordinary conversation can count towards the "Schmooze" score. I've had it get a decent boost just from the family chatting with him while everybody eats dinner.

For the tour: have a sim go through the house before the headmaster arrives and stand in each room for a couple of seconds. Watch that sim's "Environment" bar. This can help you decide which rooms to show and which to avoid. Turn on all the lights before giving the tour - they boost the room score a little bit. Cook dinner ahead of time and put it in the fridge - less chance of burned/failed meals and wasted scenario time.

You may find this article helpful.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g..._private_school
Inventor
#2233 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 7:49 PM
Beaches can be really pretty in sims 2.
Mad Poster
#2234 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 8:32 PM
And in another ISBI (failed again, but fun)...
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#2235 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 8:21 AM

Is it still "breastfeeding" when the baby is clearly feeding from the mother's wrist?

Gotta say, Midge the Tree's ask to join yoga fix is pretty great.

Don't think I'd ever quite seen that pose before. Was trying to get a pic of Cyd's "just got fit!" pose and here's Julien doing something weird with his hands.

Just a perfectly normal day, having a perfectly normal cup of coffee as the carpool leans on the horn outside.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2236 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 10:23 AM
That would be an interesting addition for vampire babies.
Scholar
#2237 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 11:46 PM

"I'm worried about these zombie rumours. Yeah, sure, maybe it's just some new drug, but I don't want to get turned into one..."

You were saying?
Inventor
#2238 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 4:57 PM
Playing with some poseboxes and magical effects.
Forum Resident
#2239 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 6:52 PM
The laziest butler ever. You ask him to clean (i.e. actually do his job) and this is what you get...

Do I have to?

I think I'm going to be sick, can I stop now?

Noooo...anything but mopping puddles!
Scholar
#2240 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 12:01 AM

Patricia Wan attempts to liven up the undead. It wasn't much use...

Tybalt was really missing out on a good view this time, having his back turned...
Lab Assistant
#2241 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 2:51 PM
oh no

oh yeah
Lab Assistant
#2242 Old 4th Feb 2020 at 11:08 PM

Wave watching

You can spy on my sims on tumblr @ejsims
Test Subject
#2243 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 2:36 AM
Just some pics of the public pool
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2244 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 5:10 PM
Some pics of my latest aliens. I especially like the twin girls; my idea is that they must do everything together. In college I was careful to have each of them get the same skills. They look a bit different and have different personalities. They must each have a set of twins..um..will they have to share the same man? Would like kids with their fair skin, but breeding with my other alien skins (only a few of which have been geneticized) could give me almost anything.
OK.. this did not occur naturally..
Screenshots

Test Subject
#2245 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 2:22 AM

GhoticSimmer
Top Secret Researcher
#2246 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 9:46 AM
Tried to make dirty/muddy skin on the fig leaf outfit by first unlocking the outfit to edit that... didn't go so well.

I accidentally made it so EVERYONE has plantsim skin, all of the time. Not the right "leaf body".
Succeeded at last though (thank you skin overlays!)

On another note...

Makes me think of Pleasantview They really should make a series about that!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Test Subject
#2247 Old 16th Feb 2020 at 6:16 AM
As you can probably tell, I seriously love this couch.

Mad Poster
#2248 Old 16th Feb 2020 at 11:12 PM
I was glad to see the Social Worker get the opps quad orphans, but didn't know she didn't use a car seat for them - she just stacked them on the back seat.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#2249 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 8:47 PM
My alien sim after aging up

Her driving to school on the family car

When the gaming addiction hits you
Inventor
#2250 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 2:31 PM
I've apartments as twin houses, perfectly mirrored. Both have fenced backyards and when I loaded one of these apartments to play with current family, I noticed that on their neighbor's backyard random chair instead of tree spawned and counter with dishwasher & coffemaker. Why?
Page 90 of 120