Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 5:36 AM
{::} All About Creating...Stuff {::}
Hi all. If you're new, welcome to Goth Simmers. Anyways, I figured that our thread was getting big enough now to have a separate little one where we can post stuff specifically about creating sims 2 content.

Weather it be asking for advice, not knowing how to create things and want to learn, posting pictures of upcoming creations, discussing ideas and getting feedback, if you cant create and want to suggest something to me or another creator in our group, sending me death threats about uploading all that crap I promised to upload ages ago and just never did, scared of the Creator Guidelines and need help understanding them, etc.

Use your imagination, really ANYTHING about creating alternative/gothic/punk/emo just post it here. I don't intend for this thread to be used that much but if you need advice fast on creating and can't be screwed surfing though our larger, main thread here, then this is the place for you. Okies?

x a m y x
Advertisement
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 2:35 PM
Thanks for making this thread!! I was thinking about making another one but I didn't have any idea...

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 5:38 AM
Thats ok. This way we have place for the newbies to ask questions and not be scared!

x a m y x
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 6:16 AM
I think I will upload some pics of some stuff I've been working on. I've been really into making goth clothes lately. It kinda brings me back to my high school goth days.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 7:38 AM
Please do. I'm really interested in seeing what other people in this group have been making.

x a m y x
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 5:51 PM
If you want to see my gothic eyes... I posted them into the creator feedback, but I suppose that any moderator liked them (I don't know well how works the upload restriction)
Screenshots

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 11:49 PM
I haven't been working on any Goth stuff at the moment... more like Super Mario and bubblegum pink stuff (a request)... but I have been working on a black recolor of a stove I've made.

The stove is definitely not done yet. I finally got it working, but the copper texture on the pots is being a total beast. Well I guess I am working on something Goth but it's a secret at the moment, but not necessarily Gothic...
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 12:21 AM
I just uploaded a corset gothy outfit in six colors

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...hAllCasual2.jpg

I was just fooling around making some lingerie and I kinda made this. My bf liked it alot so I decided to upload it. The blue one was originally for waitress uniforms for my goth club in my game. I have been thinking about making something special to celebrate when soon I shall have my first 50,000 downloads of my work.

P.S. I really ike the stove and especially the mario stuff I hope to download them both soon. My boyfriend is really excited about the mario stuff being he is a huge super mario bros. lover.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 1:00 AM
lol, the shrub is part of a whole set of 36 pieces. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Wiffel/SimNation%20Modding%20Collective/HedgeSet.jpg[/IMG]](Look at it HERE) My inner geek came out today and decided to see if I could make it work. It's part of an even bigger thing that I'm working on with some other people in the SimNation group. Now if I would quit breaking the shrubs...

I made a Mario sim quite some time ago that I've considered uploading.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 5:32 AM
Default pixies
For some reason your pic is not working for me, It gave me a cannot display page message.

Quote: Originally posted by Corsetcrush
lol, the shrub is part of a whole set of 36 pieces. (Look at it HERE) My inner geek came out today and decided to see if I could make it work. It's part of an even bigger thing that I'm working on with some other people in the SimNation group. Now if I would quit breaking the shrubs...

I made a Mario sim quite some time ago that I've considered uploading.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 6:28 AM
I've been trying not to post pig pics in the threads because I'm not sure if everyone appreciates it since everyone else has their pics as attachments...

I finally quit breaking the shrubs, but the Super Mario shrub texture doesn't work so well with the seamless shrubs. Because they aren't so...seamless.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 11:52 AM
Corsetcrush I love the hedges. I remember Mario...has anyone ever told you that your creations are pretty much awesomeness in its raw form? And I for one love having big pictures in the threads. I get sick of always clicking on the little attachments. I can't wait for that stove, it's coming along very nicely. Haha, also, what is this big secret?!

Serena I really like the new outfits. I like having a choice of colors too, saves me from recoloring them myself. The photo skinning worked well. Also....Yay for smut!

x a m y x
Field Researcher
#13 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 1:34 PM
If you are very, very clever and tricky, you might be able to take a guess at my secret from the second pic.

and as for the couch and chair being listed in the hedge set, um I thought it would be funny if the Sims could sit and jump on the hedges...

The stove is on hold for a while at the moment because of the stupid pots. I have put a LOT of time into it and it's one freaking complicated object (including meshed rivets on the pots and tea kettle). The stupid people who made the sims cook in the middle of ALL the stoves makes them put the pot on the burner knobs. That drives me batty but I had to make it look right. I would do something easier but the original stove has so much freaking copper... and of course it's bright copper, not the aged kind. Google image search hasn't been much help with the texture either, I even tried to use some royal guy's copper bathtub to no avail.

And since it seems appropriate here is another set I need to be working on: (I have WAY too many projects!)

This is the first time in my life that I have ever meshed an animal from scratch. It took me the same amount of time to do the cat as it did both Makin' Magic beds. And it still needs to be mapped. And the next one is a dog. At least now I know that I really don't enjoy meshing animals, I don't think I do it as well as other things like normal furniture. Pets don't come in boxy shapes. Hmm, unless it's a pet rock... in a box...
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 5:49 AM
Yeah for some reason I've been really into making sexy clothes lately, especially goth. I have also been making stripper clothes that I plan to release on SXS2, I have a goth strip club in my game called Club Midnight and have been making much needed clothing for it. The outfits I just released were actually originally uniforms for the waitresses.

Quote: Originally posted by star_gusser
Corsetcrush I love the hedges. I remember Mario...has anyone ever told you that your creations are pretty much awesomeness in its raw form? And I for one love having big pictures in the threads. I get sick of always clicking on the little attachments. I can't wait for that stove, it's coming along very nicely. Haha, also, what is this big secret?!

Serena I really like the new outfits. I like having a choice of colors too, saves me from recoloring them myself. The photo skinning worked well. Also....Yay for smut!

x a m y x
Field Researcher
#15 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 8:24 PM
Man, I haven't been working on anything for a very long time... O.o I guess I have to do this now. xD Maybe some eyeshadow will turn out...

ERRARE HVMANVM EST
Instructor
#16 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 5:23 AM
^^ I like it, Serena, I'm just not a fan of the mesh. I think it'd look good with some heavier boots, like on Club Crimsyn.

I need to make something to get myself back ino the creating kick. I lost my hard drive AGAIN (second time in the past three months. UGH.) and it really put me off creating for some reason. Any ideas for what I should work on? I'm also thinking of, if I can reignite the creating fire, opening my own site. Ugh.

Feel free to PM me with any requests you may have~!
deviantART | Cosplay.com | GardenOfShadows
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 6:12 AM
Serena I agree with zj. Check out club crimsyn meshes and also I'd add a collar to the plaid shirt. but aside from that it's sexy. I wouldn't mind seeing it in shorty shorts either.

And zj maybe you should branch out and put your skills into making clothing again or something, you know, to keep it interesting. We all go through those phases where we really cbf with sim making.

...I really don't understand how you could be screwed putting up your own site though...that's aaa lllooottt of work...well if you do decide to do it and ever needed help or another creator or just someone to bitch to about it drop me a message. Okies?

And at least it's just a hard drive. I've lost all my sims stuff (including my downloads folder with over four years of crap in it) when my computer has crashed on me....twice. Because I was A) stupid enough to not back my stuff up the first time because I thought "Hey, that's the sort of thing you hear about and would never happen to me." and then I was B) stupid enough after I just got it all back to say "Hey, what are the odds of it happening twice?"...........

So, yeah, the moral here kids is to backup your files on to backup disks then backup those files onto backup-backup disks. JUST TO BE SAFE.

x a m y x
Instructor
#18 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 7:39 AM
:3 Yeah, well, I do websites as a side-job, so it's not making/managing the sites that's daunting, and I already have the space. XD I think if I had a site, I'd feel the need to update regularly, which would mean I would create more.

I should try skinning some clothes... I was doing object meshing before my computer died, so. And I did loose everything... D': Both my 1TB drives are down the drain, and I need to get new ones. I have bloody clue how I killed them so badly.

And I do agree. BACKUP. Backup. Backup. I have some of my downloads saved, but, naturally, not all of my newest creations. D': Ugh.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 7:55 AM
Well that changes everything if you already have the site. Yeah I think that would be a good idea. You should do it!

God, I pretty much fail at meshing. I don't know how people do it. I'll just stick to skinning thankyou. That sucks that you lost everything though. When I lost my stuff the second time it was all the things that people had requested from me...and I just never made it again. I probably pissed a lot of people off....hmmm....

x a m y x
Field Researcher
#20 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 2:20 PM
Default outfit
there actually is a collar, but you can barly see it. I've never done a shirt b4, do you have any trips on how to make a better collar? I also would like to know how to make the sleeve look rolled up. I looked for a mesh with rolled sleeves but I couldn't find one. I am also thinking of using a diff mesh anyway, I am not so sure I like the liana mesh, the boots kinda look stupid, like theheel is too far from the foot.

Quote: Originally posted by star_gusser
Serena I agree with zj. Check out club crimsyn meshes and also I'd add a collar to the plaid shirt. but aside from that it's sexy. I wouldn't mind seeing it in shorty shorts either.

And zj maybe you should branch out and put your skills into making clothing again or something, you know, to keep it interesting. We all go through those phases where we really cbf with sim making.

...I really don't understand how you could be screwed putting up your own site though...that's aaa lllooottt of work...well if you do decide to do it and ever needed help or another creator or just someone to bitch to about it drop me a message. Okies?

And at least it's just a hard drive. I've lost all my sims stuff (including my downloads folder with over four years of crap in it) when my computer has crashed on me....twice. Because I was A) stupid enough to not back my stuff up the first time because I thought "Hey, that's the sort of thing you hear about and would never happen to me." and then I was B) stupid enough after I just got it all back to say "Hey, what are the odds of it happening twice?"...........

So, yeah, the moral here kids is to backup your files on to backup disks then backup those files onto backup-backup disks. JUST TO BE SAFE.

x a m y x
Instructor
#21 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 4:27 PM
Haha, it was suckily hard at first, meshing. Then a stopped and just mauled other people's meshes for a while, which made it start to make sense. I did a whole bunch of object recolours, too. Like... an ungodly huge ammount. XD It was intense.

Herm, I was going to link you to some of my fav. Club Crimsyn meshes, but I can't seem to get onto their site at the moment. D': Durn.

Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 8:19 PM
I still think that it is missing something though....can't quite put my finger on it
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#23 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:13 PM
Clubcrimsyn works for me...

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 11:13 PM
I like that mesh better, I do think this outfit needs the chunkier boots to work. Nina's right, Club Crimsyn seems to be working again. Here's what I would recommend; I personally think you should use the first mesh on the female page (used on the first three outfits on the top row known as "Mesh AFFB_Nekkid_Boots" and see here. )

OR, you could do something different, and make the one pair of jeans and boots and do a whole lot of tops (like bikini, sheer corset, actual corset, tank top, etc) to go with it. so people can mix and match. (See here and here .) But that's just me. What does everyone else think?

zj - yeah, I even tried leeching to other peoples meshes and learning that way by studying them but I still just couldn't get it. It was easier to give up than keep trying in vain and end up punching a wall.... I did some recolors of objects, but I think my simming heart lies with clothes.

x a m y x
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 11:18 PM
Oh and with the shirt texture (the collar and sleeves), what I do when I need to learn something new like that is export other people's work who have done it well and really take note of where the lines are in the texture file. I would recommend exporting some male clothing that has shirt sleeves and collars (I've found that mens clothing is easier to use for inspiration as it usually doesn't have as much shadowing and detail around the torso - because women have boobs) and look at how that's done, then try and replicate it in your own work.

x a m y x

Page 1 of 7