Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#8576 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I'd rather like a mod to make very neat Sims (like Andrew) wash their hands after using the toilet, because I think they would, but the way I play, it's not a big deal for me to remind them to wash their hands (as long as they're controllable).

I have BoilingOil's Sanitary Sanity for that. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3659
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#8577 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I do occasionally get Sims peeing themselves when they're engrossed in something else, and leave it too late to go to the toilet. I think it's fairly realistic behaviour.
It's realistic all right! I very nearly had an "accident" myself, just a few minutes ago, putting off going, while doing things in the kitchen, and keeping an eye on the MTS Sims 2 board. I was only just in time. I think I'll leave my Sims' bathroom arrangements alone. (It's Christianlov's No Privacy mods that I use.)

It looks like it might be me -- not my Sims -- who needs a new mod!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#8578 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 7:43 AM
I nearly had an accident with one of my sims from having her studying mechanical skill and almost forgetting to stop her to send her to the toilet to empty her bladder and another time with Ami sending him to make pottery and he almost wet himself because he was trying to take a bath before going to the toilet and I paused the game to change his actions to usiing the toilet before his bath.I caught it just in time and he didn't end up having a bladder accident because I was paying attention.I also had them cleaning up the outdoor stuff because time to preapre for winter is running short in Dodge now with it getting into late fall.
Lab Assistant
#8579 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 3:50 PM
Walkbys that are friends with your sim can greet your sim from far away! My sim was outside and her half-brother was passing by and both waved at each other from far away, then they both approached each other on their own and greeted.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8580 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 2:29 PM
Oh my goodness, I've been building a town in a basegame environment, using the AGS. And I forgot exactly what we did and didn't have in the base game! Like, male teens seem to have a huge choice of swimwear, but where's my hammer tool? And, what no pleasure aspiration? I've been playing since the game was released so I must have known all this, but I've forgotten... Also I miss SimBlender, that doesn't seem to be available for basegame, but the FFS debugger does.
Mad Poster
#8581 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 2:42 PM
@Simsample -I also have restrictions in my BACC though it's only because I just started the town and chose not to add anything too soon so no shopping district for at least a few years until the kids are growing up and the town is starting to get a little fuller.
Lab Assistant
#8582 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 3:54 PM
I totally forgot you can be killed by a falling satellite. Well rest in peace, my peasant beauty. Your life ended way to early. You were just a child but maybe this saved you from the hardships of being a medieval peasant too.

I also directed a couple to fight for the first time in years and their daughters were in the same room. Well I did not expect them to react to it. They did and ran out. Afterwards their dad consoled them. I think I never saw that before and thought it was very cute.
Mad Poster
#8583 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 7:00 PM
That the biplane neighborhood decoration actually WORKS. I'd never seen the biplane show up, so I just assumed it was defective, but I must have accidentally placed one in my building neighborhood sometime, because lo and behold, today there flew across my screen a small red biplane trailing a banner...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#8584 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katerina Petrova
I totally forgot you can be killed by a falling satellite. Well rest in peace, my peasant beauty. Your life ended way to early. You were just a child but maybe this saved you from the hardships of being a medieval peasant too.
Waitaminute, children can catch satellites with their faces, too!? Huh, learn something new every day....

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Test Subject
#8585 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
That the biplane neighborhood decoration actually WORKS. I'd never seen the biplane show up, so I just assumed it was defective, but I must have accidentally placed one in my building neighborhood sometime, because lo and behold, today there flew across my screen a small red biplane trailing a banner...

Wow, really? If only the Pig worked too! I've never tried it but dang, the Sims 2 attention to detail is A1
Mad Poster
#8586 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 3:48 AM
In what way does the Pig not work? You place a water tower, you get a pig balloon.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#8587 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
Waitaminute, children can catch satellites with their faces, too!? Huh, learn something new every day....

Trust me, I was surprised too. I thought they were immune too but apparently they are not. I don't think I have a mod that would change that so it must be vanilla. She was also the first sim ever to die in my game of catching a satellite with her face (I like that expression :D)
Scholar
#8588 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 4:45 AM
I forgot about the Smustle. I'm on a new install and the Goths are more obsessed with making music than dancing to it, so I forgot it existed. I rotated to the Pleasant house today and it began. It was the worst Smustle outbreak I've seen a while! I forgot that sims 2 sims will dance to music anywhere on the lot, so when a visiting sim started smustling on the sidewalk I was just confused. Then, everyone was doing it lined up on the sidewalk, like a zombie music video.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Mad Poster
#8589 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
I forgot about the Smustle. I'm on a new install and the Goths are more obsessed with making music than dancing to it, so I forgot it existed. I rotated to the Pleasant house today and it began. It was the worst Smustle outbreak I've seen a while! I forgot that sims 2 sims will dance to music anywhere on the lot, so when a visiting sim started smustling on the sidewalk I was just confused. Then, everyone was doing it lined up on the sidewalk, like a zombie music video.

That is why I downloaded a hack that doesn't allow them to dance without a stereo. XD
Scholar
#8590 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 2:28 PM
I went and DLed "No autonomous Smustle"

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Mad Poster
#8591 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
I forgot that sims 2 sims will dance to music anywhere on the lot, so when a visiting sim started smustling on the sidewalk I was just confused. Then, everyone was doing it lined up on the sidewalk, like a zombie music video.

This is one of the most annoying features in the game, especially when the idiots insist on blocking traffic by smustling right on top of a visitor portal. Here are a couple of mods that will fix the problem without completely banning the smustle and vacation dances. These will conflict with each other, so only put one of them in your game.

Cyjon's "Dance Near Stereo" requires Nightlife or later.
http://www.cyjon.net/node/182
Quote: Originally posted by cyjon
Sims will now move near a stereo before doing the smustle, hula or slap dance rather than dancing to the music in their heads.

Simler90's "Dance Mod" fixes the above issue and also includes other fixes and features that you may or may not want. Requires Apartment Life.
https://modthesims.info/d/636594/mu...dance-mods.html
Forum Resident
#8592 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 7:43 PM
I discovered that dates sometimes decide not to leave the bouquet they brought.

It was a timing thing... Carl was bringing his bouquet for a wonderful date just as Amy Jones was delivering the newspaper, They both headed for the same spot, but Amy set the paper down first. Carl stared at the spot briefly, then just turned around and walked away still with the date bouquet. LOL - maybe he'll try again later, but I doubt he'll be that persistent.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#8593 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
I discovered that dates sometimes decide not to leave the bouquet they brought.

It was a timing thing... Carl was bringing his bouquet for a wonderful date just as Amy Jones was delivering the newspaper, They both headed for the same spot, but Amy set the paper down first. Carl stared at the spot briefly, then just turned around and walked away still with the date bouquet. LOL - maybe he'll try again later, but I doubt he'll be that persistent.

Which is one of the reasons I like my Sim houses with double doors and big porches
Scholar
#8594 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 9:49 PM
On the subject of date flowers/gifts and porches in one of my old hoods, I had a large sorority house that had a small front porch. Dates bringing gifts would often come up go through the motions but not leave anything. At least I thought they weren't leaving anything. When I built a house across the street I got a view of the front lawn of the sorority and it was littered with date gifts. They were simply invisible when I was live in the sorority. I ended up having to place object removers all over the front yard to get rid of them.
Forum Resident
#8595 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Which is one of the reasons I like my Sim houses with double doors and big porches

I do too. It's not like there wasn't anyplace to leave it. No porch, double front doors and a double-wide walk for at least 3 squares to the sidewalk not to mention the grass on either side of the walk. Just a perfect interruption to his timing.

Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
On the subject of date flowers/gifts and porches in one of my old hoods, I had a large sorority house that had a small front porch. Dates bringing gifts would often come up go through the motions but not leave anything. At least I thought they weren't leaving anything. When I built a house across the street I got a view of the front lawn of the sorority and it was littered with date gifts. They were simply invisible when I was live in the sorority. I ended up having to place object removers all over the front yard to get rid of them.

That reminded me of something I had happen (checking...) fourteen(!) years ago. I had a Romance Sim trying to get that 20 Simultaneous Loves LTW fulfilled. So I would send him downtown on a date. He'd have a great date and then go home, (barely any time passed), so he'd call another lady and go downtown on a date with her. Well, he could do that about 5 times a night before his needs would drop too low. Then the next morning, there was a traffic jam in front of his house... (Amazed I found 14 year old screen captures.) I think it only took him 4-5 nights to get his 20 Simultaneous Loves.
Screenshots

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Top Secret Researcher
#8596 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 3:37 AM
You would think that with the way Sims jealousy works, those girls seeing four other girls dropping off dream date bouquets would trigger it, but no

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#8597 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 8:38 PM
I found out today that when your sim is on a community lot, if someone walks by, not as a visitor, your sim or any other sim on the lot will do "the flash" run up to the passerby and interact with them. It rarely happens in my game but it's still funny to see.
Forum Resident
#8598 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 8:50 PM
Consort Capp: "How dare you assume I have a favourite, I love all my grandchildren equally!"
Also Consort Capp: *wants Hermia to get an A+ and fears Hermia getting sick*

Now I understand why Hermia has that expensive computer while Tybalt and Juliette only have the cheapest TV and radio...
Alchemist
#8599 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 10:12 PM
I thought that was only in my game! My Consort had the exact same want the other day--I'm going to watch him more closely from now on. I always thought Tybalt would be the favorite but the wants are telling a different story.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#8600 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 1:08 AM
Looking at unloaded sims in SimPE in general can show you some surpises. Did you know Romeo wants to flirt with Hermia too? He seems to have a type, but I don't know if it's red-haired girls or Capp girls.
Page 344 of 445