Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 2:04 AM
Default WCIF a mod to get rid of "stage props" buy mode category from Showtime
Hi everyone!

I don't know if this mod exists or not.

I really dislike the stage props category in buy mode, for two main reasons: 1) I never use it, because I never play those dumb careers, and 2) I have the Pets expansion, which means that I have to click that awful arrow to use the pets category (which I do use all the time).

I usually play with Showtime disabled, although I somewhat miss the other wonderful stuff that come with that pack. But I have recently enabled it in order to enjoy a custom world that uses a lot of content from that pack.

I always use buy mode in the "by function" layout, because the other one is just too weird and confusing for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, is there a mod to cancel that category? I don't care if the stage props are gone/hidden; as I said, I don't use them.

Do you think that if I edit those items in S3PE, to remove them from all categories, that annoying category will be gone? Or will it still remain there, empty?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It'll probably remain there empty as it is a modification to the UI.

I figured...

What I hadn't thought of is this being part of the UI, and therefore unchangeable with a simple mod that doesn't change the UI.

So I guess this category will remain there until we can have a massive UI overhaul mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Well.. unless you just want some specific items from Showtime, you can try to clone them with S3OC or something. I've never done it, but I'm sure it is possible. Then you can run the game without Showtime EP, but keep the items.

Yeah, I posted a WCIF ages ago for this. Because the objects that I really want from SHT are the karaoke machine, the mechanical bull, the mini golf thing, etc: all those scripted items that can't just simply be converted to base game. I was looking for someone who had extracted those and made them BGC, to no avail.

But well, I'll just have to continue looking at that little arrow in the UI, no biggie. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯