Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 7:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Gardener/Butler NPCs keep dying a fiery death
I started out hiring a gardener and he perished in the afternoon by spontaneous combustion which I'm pretty sure is heat related. But it's Fall in my game? Anyway, I fired that guy and got a butler. Well, about 4 butlers now as they all die during the gardening part of their duties. It's very disruptive to my sim's afternoons and just plain annoying because it is literally every sim day some dude is dying on the lot. I can extinguish them but only once as the second fiery explosion on their buttocks is the fatal one.

I've tried to Google for different stuff but I wasn't having a lot of luck. I'd prefer not to disable heat deaths across the board but I will if it's all I got. Maybe something that prevents NPCs from dying on the job? Any help or response would be appreciated.

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 8:53 AM
This is giving me flashbacks to that wall climbing ivy that somehow caused Sims to spontaneously combust. Do you maybe have it somewhere on the lot?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 8:58 AM
OMG, actually I think that might be it. I had no idea this was a thing, I actually downloaded the lot from a creator here awhile ago and I could tell the lot wasn't play tested very well by some other things but it is every time by the ivy! I'll delete it and see if it goes away. Thanks a lot!