Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

4 LOTR Inspired Gowns

by vectorlover Posted 26th Aug 2009 at 9:17 AM - Updated 31st Aug 2009 at 7:51 AM by vectorlover

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 2:56 AM
These are beautiful! Now I can go build castles and elven woods! One can not build these things without people in proper clothing to inhabit them, you know.

"I protest! I am not a merry man!"
Test Subject
#27 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 4:52 AM
I LOVE YOU!
I have been DYING to start up a victorian/what have you neighborhood! I LOVE YOU!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 11:20 AM Last edited by vectorlover : 27th Aug 2009 at 4:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BastDawn
I just downloaded and tested these dresses in my game, and I have the same problem. It's a shame, as the dress is otherwise very beautiful. Vectorlover, an easy fix might be to move the back of the neckline up to meet the original placement; it wouldn't mar the look of the dress, and might be easier than trying to perfectly line up whatever weird offsetting the mesh has.

O-o thats really weird, it doesnt look like that on my sims, especially not in cas. guess i'll have to do what you suggested though i have no idea why this is happening. sorry :/

EDIT: fixed the back of the gown

Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 4:53 PM
Those are beautiful unfortunately for some reason I try to click on the the download link and it takes me to the this page can't be found.
Instructor
#30 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 5:40 PM
wonderful. Beautiful! I needed this. thanks and stupendous job
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vectorlover
O-o thats really weird, it doesnt look like that on my sims, especially not in cas. guess i'll have to do what you suggested though i have no idea why this is happening. sorry :/

EDIT: fixed the back of the gown

Thanks so much for the fix. It is such a pretty dress! If the original looked fine in your game, it was probably a hardware issue for those of us who got the display problem. In other words, not your fault and not something you should feel bad about. I'm looking at the updated dress in my game right now, and the fix works perfectly.
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 1:29 AM
whats LOTR?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 2:48 AM
These are fantastic, thanks so much! I really needed this for my game. (It's good to see you back, by the way.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CosmicJordyn
whats LOTR?

Lord Of The Rings

Quote: Originally posted by qadsjlkahsdf
These are fantastic, thanks so much! I really needed this for my game. (It's good to see you back, by the way.)

Thanks! ^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BastDawn
Thanks so much for the fix. It is such a pretty dress! If the original looked fine in your game, it was probably a hardware issue for those of us who got the display problem. In other words, not your fault and not something you should feel bad about. I'm looking at the updated dress in my game right now, and the fix works perfectly.

...or a silly mesh issue heh. i suspected that it wouldnt be such a great idea to place the neckline lower than the mesh but in workshop and in the game it didnt really show up except for a little darker line where the actual mesh ended. and i thought it was because of bumpmapping or something, which i dont know how to fix ayways thanks for pointing out the error again next stop...hobbits! :D
Inventor
#36 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vectorlover
...next stop...hobbits! :D

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG...

Just can't wait to see that...

btw: could you also do such a loincloth thingy for Gollum, please? I feel so bad for my Gollum sim that he has to wear regular pants but I can't do my own meshes (still don't understand how to work with 3D programs).
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:07 PM
OH, YOU BEAUTY! *kisses your feet
Test Subject
#38 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 9:46 PM
Hey thanks for your lovely design may we have the location to the hair too.:3<
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 2:22 PM
Thank you for the fix, and thank you for these lovely dresses. :D

Black Goldfish!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buttnuggit
Hey thanks for your lovely design may we have the location to the hair too.:3<

if i remember correctly, they are from here
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 8:56 PM
Vielen, vielen Dank!
They are great! Thank you very much =)
Finally a great change... *confused* can I say that?
ähem... ok, thank you for this great dresses. =)
Test Subject
#42 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 2:12 AM
Thank you. They are lovely.
Test Subject
#43 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 9:22 PM
Gorgeous!
Test Subject
#44 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 8:24 PM
These are great, thanks, but could you also please upload them in a Mac-friendly format? I can't download the file because it's a zip (I need rar)
Test Subject
#45 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 4:20 PM
Wow... Just beautiful. My wife will love these. =) Unfortunately I don't make enough female sims to actually get the full use of them. =^.^=
Test Subject
#46 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 11:33 AM
Thank you SO much for these... I absolutely love them. You ROCK.
Test Subject
#47 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 11:23 AM
Sooooooo happy to have something for my elf sims to wear. XD

Thank you!!
Test Subject
#48 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 11:34 AM
Gorgeous!!!
Test Subject
#49 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 3:48 PM
WOW! I'm speechless, and that's quite a feat considering my father's nickname is 'motormouth and I'm junior. Just not sure how to properly word a thank you for all this. Beautiful work!
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 3:22 AM
this is so pretty :lovestruc ! it ashame that the dress does that .... its too gorgeous to do that! i'll download it anyway...

KoOkIeMONSTER
Page 2 of 4