Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Package Searcher (Windows Only)

by scumbumbo Posted 15th Sep 2018 at 9:32 PM - Updated 2nd Jan 2019 at 7:27 AM by scumbumbo : Version 1.1 -- Bugfixes

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Deceased
Original Poster
#26 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 7:06 PM Last edited by scumbumbo : 17th Sep 2018 at 10:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by torsten74
But my Question was particular about this program !! In the description is written that this program is to find the package files which causes the LE errors. So how could I use your program on my LE´s???

You can't. As I explained in my earlier PM to you, that LE has nothing to do with a package resource. There is no ID number specifying a particular object or XML tuning or other item that would be contained in a package. It's purely a script error associated with the Charmingbirch_Careers_Retail mod. There may be a package also associated with that mod; however, as the LE doesn't mention any resource IDs there is nothing you can search for.

ETA - Sorry if you thought I was implying you were being rude or out of place in asking your question -- if I had thought that, you can be assured I would NOT have bothered to answer you in a PM to begin with. I can see how you might have gotten that impression though, so again sorry for that.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 8:46 PM
1) Thank you so much for making this mod; 2) Additional thanks for mentioning TurboDriver's LE page and linking to that. I was completely unaware that it existed and feel like I've crawled out from under a rock to see the sun shining. (Until now, I've always researched my LEs over at Deaderpool's Discord channel.) Now I have multiple tools!
Deceased
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SamIAm2
(Until now, I've always researched my LEs over at Deaderpool's Discord channel.) Now I have multiple tools!

The volunteer helpers on Deaderpool's Discord are helping Turbo out with that website to make it more complete as additional LEs get "decoded", so yes, big kudos to those folks as well!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 11:07 PM
Great Tool!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by torsten74
But my Question was particular about this program !! In the description is written that this program is to find the package files which causes the LE errors. So how could I use your program on my LE´s???

your LE doesn't appear to have been caused by a piece of cc but a broken gameplay mod so this program does not apply. Just go to the sites linked in reply to you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 6:21 AM
Thank you so much for making this - it will come in handy and is much needed :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#32 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 8:28 PM
Awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 1:18 AM
BLESS U
Field Researcher
#34 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 4:20 AM
When I try to extract this I'm getting an error. WinRAR tells me the operation can't be completed because 'no archives have been found'.
Scholar
#35 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayleena
When I try to extract this I'm getting an error. WinRAR tells me the operation can't be completed because 'no archives have been found'.

I opened with 7zip as WinZIP refused to open it.
Test Subject
#36 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
I opened with 7zip as WinZIP refused to open it.

I'm using 7-Zip and it will not open. Going to try to use WinRAR I guess. Never had this problem before.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:15 AM
While I have never had an issue with 7zip, sometimes files get corrupted during the download process...

...if anyone is having an issue extracting the file, my suggestion would be (1) use 7zip, and (2) try redownloading it.
Test Subject
#38 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 6:08 AM
ok so I have my LE and I know what instances to search for which is great, but i keep getting an unhandled exception whenever i try to go through my mod folder? it starts searching through packages but not even two minutes in i get an error message.
Deceased
Original Poster
#39 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by limefiend
ok so I have my LE and I know what instances to search for which is great, but i keep getting an unhandled exception whenever i try to go through my mod folder? it starts searching through packages but not even two minutes in i get an error message.

Can you get me a screenshot of the unhandled exception, or copy/paste the text of it into a message?
Test Subject
#40 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Can you get me a screenshot of the unhandled exception, or copy/paste the text of it into a message?

yeah i got the text copied
Deceased
Original Poster
#41 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 2:52 PM
yeah i got the text copied

Thanks, I'll take a look at that and see if it's obvious what went wrong or if I'm going to have to figure out what's different about your mods folder from my own to get the bug to trigger so I can see it in action.
Deceased
Original Poster
#42 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 4:06 PM
@limefiend - My best guess is that one of your package files is invalid or corrupt, or you had the game open when you attempted to perform searches. Both errors are handled in the program now, so hopefully today's update should fix your issue!
Test Subject
#43 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
@limefiend - My best guess is that one of your package files is invalid or corrupt, or you had the game open when you attempted to perform searches. Both errors are handled in the program now, so hopefully today's update should fix your issue!

i tried again with the bugfix, but i wasnt in game either time and the same error popped up with today's version too so i must have some corrupt packages :/
Deceased
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 5:03 AM
i tried again with the bugfix, but i wasnt in game either time and the same error popped up with today's version too so i must have some corrupt packages :/

Hmm, must be something I'm not testing somewhere that can sometimes be invalid from an errror. I'll look into this some more. I wish we knew which package was causing issues for you so I could get a copy of that file to get a good look at what's causing it.

Maybe doing a full scan ("Verify Readability of All Resources in Packages" checked) in TS4 Package Conflict Detector would indicate which package might be causing this.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 11:54 AM
I'm using this along with lastexception.com and nothing seems to be coming up when I search with the number?
Instructor
#46 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 5:21 PM
Deep Gard from my virus program wont allow/is blocking the istallation of this program. Reason: Suspicious:W32/Malware!
Deceased
Original Poster
#47 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
Deep Gard from my virus program wont allow/is blocking the istallation of this program. Reason: Suspicious:W32/Malware!

My guess is that you are seeing a false positive, but it's possible the file got modified somewhere between MTS and yourself. I've just tested both the MSI installer and EXE only files (freshly downloaded from MTS) and those test clean on my home system (Malwarebytes and ESET AV) and when submitted to VirusTotal they scan clean on 67 out of 69 AV testers. The two that show possible malware are programs I've never heard of, so their results are highly suspected as being false positives.

Deep Gard is part of F-Secure, and the files I sent to VirusTotal are tested by F-Secure as being clean, so that seems odd. I'd suggest redownloading the file to make sure that you didn't somehow get a copy modified by some Internet cache server in between yourself and MTS -- better safe than sorry!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#48 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 10:31 PM
Thanks scumbumbo. I'm not saying that you added Malware, it's my F-Secure Deep Gard that said it has Maleware. So it wont let me install. I will download again and see if it works. Will let you know. (I downloaded the .exe file)

ETA: Just donwloaded your file again and now it works. (strange)
Deceased
Original Poster
#49 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
Thanks scumbumbo. I'm not saying that you added Malware...

No problem, didn't think you were saying that, was just checking to be sure. I did have my account hacked once here on MTS and some malware was uploaded to one of my mods -- so it's best to be safe!

Glad it's working for you now, likely F-Secure had a false positive that they fixed in an update.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#50 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:46 AM
Well, my first download was last night at 10 pm my time and second download was 11 pm an hour later after I read your response.. It's strange that just an hour later it works. But yeah, glad it works now. Thanks again dear for checking into it and for the fast responses
Page 2 of 3