Replies: 589 (Who?), Viewed: 70292 times.
Page 22 of 24
Scholar
#526 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 8:30 AM
A modded platform tool. I always wanted a foundation height platform just like what we had in TS2:OFB

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Scholar
#527 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 7:46 PM
Something that makes parties at Sims' homes work better.
Lab Assistant
#528 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 6:58 PM
For someone to go in and grab the embroidery/needle point they put into the Sims 4 (like was done with the knitting). If I had talent, I'd do it for myself. Add that with the sewing and knitting we've already been given and you could become the ultimate arts and crafts person.
Field Researcher
#529 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 11:10 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 30th Aug 2021 at 12:38 PM.
I would be very happy with a populated version of Praveen neighborhood with a good nraas configuration that does not create more sims or change jobs. I waste hours setting up the neighborhood and creating sims to end up with something that still doesn't work well. I've ended up disabling story progression, but the game keeps creating service sims :S The sims 3 has the perfect tools for a medieval game but its poor optimization and lack of mods or functions make it difficult to configure, there is always something wrong. I've tried everything but Nraas drives me crazy.
Instructor
#530 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 8:40 PM
I got some new ideas :

- I wish to have a functional pets parcours as we got in the Sims 4 and as we got in the Sims Pets Life (that we also can have it for TS2 thanks to Rebecca's animations that can be integrated directly in the game she's awesome) because we have dog and cats contests at the Dog Park, I never took part yet.
And a beauty pet contest would be very funny. I know we got it somewhere in the sims but I don't remember in which saga of it.

- As Lyralei made a sheep, I wish we can integrate the bunnies and the Lama from TS4 as functional in the game.

- Functional Potter's wheel as we got in the sims 2 (it would be so fantastic).

- Mrs.Crumplebottom (she is everywhere but in TS3 I know she is playable but I want her NPC hitting on couple)

-Spinning Wheel, Butter maker and great ideas from Making Magic.
Field Researcher
#531 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 8:53 PM
Whoever disagrees with me, can you tell me your nraas configuration so that I can play medieval without everything getting out of control?
Mad Poster
#532 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 9:39 PM Last edited by igazor : 30th Aug 2021 at 10:04 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokisims
Whoever disagrees with me, can you tell me your nraas configuration so that I can play medieval without everything getting out of control?

I don't know who disagreed with you, but had you brought the question to us at NRaas (did you? I may have missed it) instead of proclaiming that we or the mods drive you crazy, you might have learned that StoryProgression has nothing to do with the spawning or control of Service Sims. SP's concern when it comes to the creation of sims is resident immigration, shut down by default, and Service Sims are never residents.

There will always be homeless NPC Service Sims in TS3, there is no way around that as it's one of the core functions of the game. NRaas Register provides a limited amount of control, but only about as far as we can take it. In other words, the mail deliverer, maids, child care social workers, repo sim, Grim Reaper, all examples of Service Sims, will always be there ready to spring into action or ready to spawn even if we change the target service pool levels to 0 whether we want to see them or not.
Mad Poster
#533 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 10:24 PM
I think the only real way is to edit them when they're spawned. But perhaps there's a way to prevent them from aging? And only them, so your residents keep aging. I'm sure NRAAS can do that. Otherwise, you can turn them into androids with ITF but human skin or maybe vampire?

I realize after playing Ziwa Bonde for a while, all the services sims, bartenders, cashiers, etc... are all random and randomly dressed. But there must be a coding that can alter this, b/c in ITF all the services are always futuristic.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
#534 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 10:35 PM
Yes, SP can control Service Sims' aging, appearance, and genetics -- the latter takes some work and the SP Population add-on module. I didn't really mean that SP ignores them entirely. But it can't prevent there being some sims taking up those assignment slots and being ready to provide the services they are programmed to do.
Field Researcher
#535 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 11:12 PM
The things that bother me the most are the constant job changes with families that I am not using at that moment, also the changes of clothes and hairstyle. I deactivate all that and immigration. But I really can't get it all to work at once ... So I would like to change my question to: Is there any place with a guide to setting nraas modules to medieval? I am only incapable for the moment and I lose whole days.

I activate some things, then I see that they cause something that I do not want, then I deactivate others that cause something that I had achieved does not work. I suppose there has come a point where I have tried so many configurations that I can no longer explain myself.
Mad Poster
#536 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 11:50 PM
Quote:
The things that bother me the most are the constant job changes with families that I am not using at that moment, also the changes of clothes and hairstyle.

Your game randomly changes sims' clothes and hair? Is that normal operation? I don't know, I have many mods suppressing a lot of things, I no longer know what is normal I can only say that doesn't happen in my game at all except when they age up.

There are 2 options.

1) Use the CASP editor and disable "random" in every clothing and outfit and even hair you don't want randomed into the pool. Use S3PE to modify the CASP of packages files for the same reason.

2) Using NRAAS Dresser with MC blacklist. This can be done automatically or manually. They cannot block the clothings, but when a check is performed, it will change the blacklisted clothes to something that is permitted. And there are various options in there such as do not random hair upon YA to A age up etc...

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Field Researcher
#537 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 12:42 PM
Thanks, I've already read some of those things, but I still don't know what the casp editor is, I guess I'll have to learn it. About the blacklist, I learned recently, at first I managed to hide a lot of useless clothes, but as I did it, it appeared again as if there was a limit. So I don't know if it's the same as you say. I guess I'll have to keep testing setups on my own as I can't find any guide to playing medieval in sims 3.

At the moment what I am thinking is whether I should have the automatic creation of sims activated so that they occupy the jobs and then deactivate it once I have them all created and dressed. Maybe I was not very patient and the game stole sims from my families to fulfill the roles of coworkers ...
Mad Poster
#538 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 9:05 PM
Lot adjuster. I am so sick and tired of getting lots that are 20x30 but have enough empty space around the building to fit on a 20x20.

In this context, there's no disrespect ...We got five minutes for us to disconnect
Let's get retarded in here.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#539 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 9:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
Lot adjuster. I am so sick and tired of getting lots that are 20x30 but have enough empty space around the building to fit on a 20x20.

You mean like this: https://modthesims.info/d/471164/ad...01-16-2014.html
Mad Poster
#540 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fascisthater

I think he meant like adjust premade lots to reduce it from 20x30 down to 20x20.

Quote:
Thanks, I've already read some of those things, but I still don't know what the casp editor is, I guess I'll have to learn it. About the blacklist, I learned recently, at first I managed to hide a lot of useless clothes, but as I did it, it appeared again as if there was a limit. So I don't know if it's the same as you say. I guess I'll have to keep testing setups on my own as I can't find any guide to playing medieval in sims 3.

CASP Editor:
I'm not entirely sure where to get it these days, probably at simlogical or just google it. It is a neat program that reads the CASP file (basically the sims clothing/accessory data file) and allows you to easily check and uncheck boxes on what category, age, etc... So there is a box labeled "random," which means that clothe or accessory is in the random pool. Unchecking it will then remove it from the random pool and it will never be randomed on a sim.

The CASP editor works on all Sims installation, expansion, and Sims3pack items. But from what I read, it only works for 1.67. However, I wrote a test instruction in the help forum to get it working in 1.69 but nobody tested it or tried it, so I can't verify it works.

To deal with CC clothings and accessories in the package file mod folder, you need to use S3PE and edit the CASP file itself. Click the "grid" button upon selecting the CASP file and you can open up an interface which allows you to change the boolean of each category. So you can change "random" from true to false.

The only problem with the CASP editor is that there are a couple of hair/clothes that for some reason has a duplicate buried in the game somewhere and it cannot find it. As such I cannot get rid of those from the random pool.

NRAAS Dresser/MC Blacklist:
I primarily used this before but I stopped using it ever since I discovered how to modify the CASP from above. If I remember correctly, what you do is insert the instance number of the outfit you don't want into a blacklist. Then the dresser will change those to something allowed whenever it runs a check. The checking can be automatic or manual.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Test Subject
#541 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 7:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitala
For someone to go in and grab the embroidery/needle point they put into the Sims 4 (like was done with the knitting). If I had talent, I'd do it for myself. Add that with the sewing and knitting we've already been given and you could become the ultimate arts and crafts person.

This sewing and knitting?

https://modthesims.info/d/659365/kn...-and-skill.html
Forum Resident
#542 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 5:25 PM
So, I like added difficulty in my own game where I can without it being way too artificially difficult. A lot of times that involves taking away things that Sims just get for free.

I was just thinking how I'd love being able to actually buy fire extinguishers and place them in homes instead of magically pulling them out of a Sim's pocket. If anyone played the console version of TS2 back in the day, I'm thinking of the same sort of idea as that game had. And have it so the normal extinguish interaction can't be used unless you've bought one.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#543 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 5:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee

TBH, the Sims 3 engine lacks so many fail-safes that I don't doubt that empty space is just to ensure that the fewest number of people suffer lot routing issues.

Custom worlds need not meet that standard, so they can afford to be tighter with their space.
Mad Poster
#544 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 4:53 PM
Throwing an idea out there- I always thought that Showtime was a bit of a missed opportunity in how hard-coded its careers were, when in fact it could have been a more general show-biz system that allows sims to demonstrate any skill they possess.

As such, I was just thinking of way that it might be theoretically redesigned, but of course, it really depends on how hardcoded are the Showtime Careers are.

1.) Is it possible to add/remove additional actions that sims can perform during their shows, and unlock additional stage items?

2.) Are these careers tied specifically to their specific skills?

3.) As such, would it be better to add new careers, or redesign the existing ones?

4.) For the latter, I wonder if the Acrobat, Magician, and Singer Careers could be reworked into more general 'bucket' categories? For instance:
- Singer > Music - Includes existing singer skill, and also instruments unlocked for sims to perform on solo (i.e. piano, violin, guitar, bass, laser, drums).
- Magician > Education (think Bob Ross, TED Talks) - This career allows sims to perform other skills using skill objects (i.e. painting, sculpting, cooking, mechanical, alchemy)
- Acrobat> Performance - This reencapsulates both the existing Magician + Acrobat skills, plus maybe a few other ones (i.e. dancing, charisma (using Arsil's Standup Comedy Microphone)

4.) In terms of visually judging performance, perhaps the non-showtime objects play their normal animations as intended, just to keep it simple.

Obviously this makes it sound way easier than it will be, but I'm just feeling around to see what people more knowledgeable about the Sims 3's mechanics might know about its limitations!
Forum Resident
#545 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 8:38 PM
I've seen a mod floating around online for TS4 that Scumbumbo created back in the day. It's a packing crates mod. Essentially, you can put larger furniture and stuff in it when you're ready to move (so like when a teen or single Sim from a household is ready to move). It sounds great because you don't have to worry about things getting left behind in the family inventory.

I wish TS3 had something like that. Treeag's Storage Box works pretty well, but you can only use it for portable items. I'd love to have something like the Packing Crates mod for larger furniture.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Top Secret Researcher
#546 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 4:46 PM
I would like a mod that makes animated ducks or swans swim around your ponds.
Or for someone to convert the cute ducks from sims 4 Cottage Living exp. as long as they can be animated
Field Researcher
#547 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 4:20 AM
I second the ducks...and the bunnies. And the llamas.
Mad Poster
#548 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 4:13 AM
Default replacements for the 'good' and 'evil' traits. Like, 'empath' and 'narcissist'.

Empaths would try to help others as usual and brighten days, and are susceptible to being manipulated by narcissists, while narcissists would do what they want and not care about who they hurt so long as they don't get into trouble. Instead of taking 'evil showers' the narcissists would in general step on others, and schmooze if it benefits them. They could do some real crappy things like starting rumours about other celebrities, swiping objects without the klepto trait, lying if accused of cheating, accusing partners of being narcissists (and the partners might agree and get a hug from the narcissist) and maybe accusing partners of stealing from them. They can discover traits rather easily while concealing their narcissist traits from all but the most perceptive sims for a long time.

However, an empath sim who has discovered the narcissist trait in another sim will detect the narcissist trait quickly in the future. While to start with, the empath sim will likely be attracted to the narcissist, the tricks will no longer work and the empath sim can quit giving any unnecessary responses to the narcissist.
Field Researcher
#549 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 8:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
Default replacements for the 'good' and 'evil' traits. Like, 'empath' and 'narcissist'.

Empaths would try to help others as usual and brighten days, and are susceptible to being manipulated by narcissists, while narcissists would do what they want and not care about who they hurt so long as they don't get into trouble. Instead of taking 'evil showers' the narcissists would in general step on others, and schmooze if it benefits them. They could do some real crappy things like starting rumours about other celebrities, swiping objects without the klepto trait, lying if accused of cheating, accusing partners of being narcissists (and the partners might agree and get a hug from the narcissist) and maybe accusing partners of stealing from them. They can discover traits rather easily while concealing their narcissist traits from all but the most perceptive sims for a long time.

However, an empath sim who has discovered the narcissist trait in another sim will detect the narcissist trait quickly in the future. While to start with, the empath sim will likely be attracted to the narcissist, the tricks will no longer work and the empath sim can quit giving any unnecessary responses to the narcissist.

I see that you have been through the experience, that is too accurate.

In fact I want to transmit that with some characters from my neighborhoods in Sims 2, but sometimes I wonder if the world of the sims is more beautiful without those beasts of the devil.
Scholar
#550 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyFernlily
I would like a mod that makes animated ducks or swans swim around your ponds.
Or for someone to convert the cute ducks from sims 4 Cottage Living exp. as long as they can be animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandelyn
I second the ducks...and the bunnies. And the llamas.

I third it. Especially the swans. I really want swans! I once built a house I called 'Swan Lodge', upon which I lavished as much detail as I could, my intention being to make a little fantasy 'Ballet Land', a sort of temple to youthful ambitions (or follies). It had a lake with deco swans on it, but real swans would have made it perfect. I also wish there was a way to have those little swan pedalo boats to work on ponds.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Page 22 of 24