Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Marriage: Last Name Chooser [FIXED 2008-10-26]

by Marhis Posted 11th Mar 2007 at 3:28 PM - Updated 16th Mar 2009 at 12:41 PM by Marhis : Reuploaded BV-FT version

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 256 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 12
Greatest Dad Ever
#51 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 11:53 PM
LoL ok thanks for the response ...

I did just get done changing the two married sims and their adopted daughter to a hyphenated last name on the sims themselves with SimPE is there any other area of part of the neighborhood i have to change the family last name or just on the sims themselves ??? If you know

Thanks again ...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Oh this is just great! Many thanks for making this. Do you think you could make a hack that men won't get to wear the big 20 karat diamond ring on engagement? it looks so silly on them.

Hey, this is a cool idea, maybe it's possible, I will try .

Quote: Originally posted by Touchstone
That's such a great idea. How do you guys manage stuff like that? Just curious.

Hehe, well, I may suggest the best way is first to take a look to other modders' work in SimPE: often they are yet existing piece of code modified, so you can open two SimPE instances, one with the mod and one with the original and see what is modified and how. It's a great way to understand how to do .

Quote: Originally posted by elecbullet
I got a gay MARRIAGE hack from MATY, will this mess with it?

I suppouse you're referring to Same Sex Marriage by twojeffs, which changes "Joined Union" and related memories to "Marriage": yes is compatible, and there should be no conflicts. Marriage-traditional by Pescado, instead, is not compatible (it's the same resource, handled in a different way, so they are mutually excludent).
Field Researcher
#53 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 12:04 AM
This is great, I've wanted this kind of thing for so long!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nerina
All my sims whose name starts with a B will use this :D

Oh noes!!!! Now I will take away all my toys and go home!!!111oneoneone :D

Quote: Originally posted by Del Sonya
Any chance of making it so that the last name can be chosen quite some time after the wedding?

For this problem and similar ones (like children's last names etc.), I would suggest the use of Christianlov's Last Name Copier (see my previous posts), or SimPE editing.

Quote: Originally posted by gill_granier
B? haha what does that mean? made me kurious

Nerina is referring to my Terms of Use policy (see my member page ).

Quote: Originally posted by LongTallSally
What will happen if the two sims have a kid? Whose name will it take? Will we get a choice?

The baby will have the mother's last name (or father's, in case of aliens) as per default setting of the game; in case of adoptions, the adopted will have the last name of the sim who had called the Adoption Agency. In this case, also, I would suggest the use of Christianlov's tool to fix those last names.

I've planned to make a similar mod for baby birth; I don't know for sure if I will succeed, so I can't make promises, but I hope I will .

Quote: Originally posted by tigmomx4
I did just get done changing the two married sims and their adopted daughter to a hyphenated last name on the sims themselves with SimPE is there any other area of part of the neighborhood i have to change the family last name or just on the sims themselves ??? If you know

For what I know, no, there's no other editing to do: you can change sim last names and family/household names to what you want, they're indipendent each other.
Test Subject
#55 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 12:26 AM
Teh cool!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 2:12 AM
this is a good idea. I'll probably download it.

Favorite EP(s): Seasons, Open for Business and Free Time

Least Favorite: Pets

Neutral: Nightlife & University
Instructor
#57 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 2:30 AM
I will test this out today with 4 EPs and let you know. In the meantime, thank you for a brilliant idea. Until now I always had to move her first into his house to get married even if hers was bigger. Then move them out and into her house. So much hassle just for the sake for the correct last name.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 3:38 AM
Thank you! Now I don't have to move my Sims around so much.
Scholar
#59 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 5:21 AM
Great work, I hate to change lot just to marry a couple of sims and get the last name I want
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 8:22 AM
Thanks Marhis! This is the first hack I have downloaded that I will willingly take out one of Pescado's hacks to replace it with! Of course, All Pescados Suck though :P

Emma
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 9:02 AM
*praises Marhis*
Test Subject
#62 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 9:13 AM
This is very useful. Thanks a lot.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 10:12 AM
Thank goodness, it makes marriages so much easier! I don't have to go into SimPE and change the name back if the couple ends up getting the family name of which sim's lot the wedding's on, to retain their own family names or to double-barrel the names.
Test Subject
#64 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 10:59 AM
Thanks this works great!
Field Researcher
#65 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 1:58 PM
Thanks, this is awesome. Great Mod and thanks for sharing!
Forum Resident
#66 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 2:52 PM
Thank you sóóó much! This is just awesome. I think this should be featured ^^. Good job.
Test Subject
#67 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 3:06 PM
Oh my god! This is fantastic! Thank you ever so much!
Forum Resident
#68 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 5:13 PM
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 6:23 PM Last edited by igloolik : 12th Mar 2007 at 6:25 PM. Reason: typo
Ah! very nice. The "double-barrel" option would be a great addition, too, as I've never even considered doing that with my Sims, but now that someone brings it up.... :lovestruc *please?*
Test Subject
#70 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 9:17 PM
Lovely thanks!
Instructor
#71 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 11:25 PM
It worked like a charm. I tried it with 2 different couples and there were no problems at all. I agree, it should be a feature. Thank you again for this brilliant masterpiece.
Test Subject
#72 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 3:29 AM
Shocked this hasn't been featured yet! Thank you very much for making this. :3

Sometimes. When I'm alone.. I look at pictures of shaved squirrels.. >_>
Instructor
#73 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 4:47 PM
Seasons compatible?

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
Seasons compatible?

It should be; I don't have a way to test it personally with Seasons, but according to confrontation between resources and some users' reports, it should work with no problems .
Forum Resident
#75 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 8:00 PM
Wow!, just how useful is this? - it's essential!...

'Molte grazie' - for sharing!. :D

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Page 3 of 12