Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 6:37 PM
Why Do You Hate Twilight?
Obviously we all hate Twilight here, so we might as well talk about why.

Personally, I have 11teen different reasons for HATING Twilight, but here are just a few.

1.) The characters are almost all annoying. Any questions on why, I can totally elaborate further.

2.) In New Moon, when Edward breaks up with Bella, she spends 3 months of her life moping and doing absolutely nothing. I get she was upset, but what kind of message is Stephenie Meyer sending? Not a good one for sure.

3.) Edward. Rock hard and cold are not appealing things to me. He also watches Bella while she sleeps and sets up her window so he can be there any time he pleases. That is not normal behavior, that is controlling and borderline abusive.

4.) The vampires sparkle. This is just wrong for so many different reasons.

5.) Of course, Carlisle is conveniently a doctor, so he can get blood from the hospital any time it's needed. A very cliche character.

6.) No one thinks it's odd that all of Carlisle and Esme's adopted children are dating each other. In fact, that specific point is brought up as odd a grand total of UNO times during the whole series.

7.) No one thinks it's particularly odd that Carlisle and Esme look way too young to have jobs, let alone adopt 5 teenagers.

8.) Bella should be unable to have children with Edward. He doesn't have any bodily fluids, and that's all I'm going to say to avoid being crude.

9.) Edward has sex with Bella, knowing it will put her through great pain. And after it was proved that it did, he did it again. Also, he's all Mr. Hulk-man, destroying things during it. I'm sorry, but it can't be THAT good.

10.) Renesmee has the chromosomal make-up of a werewolf, yet she isn't one.

11.) The birth scene in Breaking Dawn was disturbing. If you haven't read it, I suggest you don't

12.) Jacob imprints on Renesmee. He has the body of a full-grown man and is something like 17ish? She is a baby.

13.) Charlie has way too little of a reaction to finding out that Bella and the rest of the Cullens are vampires, and that there are werewolves.

14.) Bella has way too much control over her blood thirst, seeing as she's a newborn vampire.

15.) Being a "vegetarian" vampire gos against all instincts, and it would be impossible to control your human thirst all the time.

16.) Bella drinks blood when she's pregnant. She was still human. That would make you incredibly sick.

Any one have any more things to add? I'm sure there are plenty more.

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare.
The shadow in background of the morgue.
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley.
We can live like Jack and Sally, if we want. - I Miss You - Blink-182

Read my Sim story "Searching For Something " HERE
Advertisement
Typical
#2 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 6:41 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 6:48 PM
lewjen - Indeed. Very good point.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 7:30 PM
The hype is awful.

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 8:24 PM
NintendoLover13 - Ugh, you are so right! That overload of "ZOMG Edward MARRY ME INSTEAD, you SeXIIiie VAMPIRE FACE!!one!11!fruitcake!!1" is highly annoying, and makes me want to punch small children.

Theorist
#6 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 12:31 AM
The book came out in 2004 and people who never even heard of it are like OMG! I love this book. -_-' Okay, to bad I read it WHEN it came out. The movie was -okay-, the book could be better. Also, look in my siggy :D. That one made me laugh :D

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 1:10 AM
GuardStud08 - I know! When the movie came out, everyone was like "I've loved it FOREVER!!" Also, I feel so special having my quote in someone's sig =D

Banned
#8 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 1:55 AM
Ok, the group owner's turn to rant about Twilight.
Warning: This may get long
1: Twitards bug me
2: Edward is abusive
3: Smeyer writes like a 13 year old
4: Vegetarian vampires? 'nuff said
5: Sparkling vampires? Fucking A man
6: Mary-sues are way over used in this book
7: Birthing scene is crap
8: Way over hyped, as Ally pointed out
9: Carlisle being a doctor is..... yeah
10: Characters are idiots
11: Bella belongs in a mental asylum
12: So does Edward
13: The werewolves were all messed up
14: If Bella drank blood when she was human, she would indeed get terribly sick
15: Promotes suicide
16: Promotes abusive relationships
17: Bella wasted three months mourning Edward leaving
18: Bella should have been killed in the first chapter
19: Smeyer has terrible grammar (bit picky bout that)
and finally
20: SMEYER JIT ME AN EPIC FIGHT SCENE!!!

Sorry for ranting, and may I say that I have stated reasons stated by others. It is merely me agreeing with those people. I am glad people are joining this group.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 1:59 AM Last edited by ChemicalCaitlin : 14th Sep 2009 at 5:45 PM.
EvilOverlord - Yeah, it's so awesome that more people are joining! Also, I adore the sites in your siggy. And Hey! I'm 13, and I write better than that.

Scholar
#10 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 3:00 AM
I actually wrote a sort of parody of Twilight not long ago, it mostly centers on the first book, but there are a few things about the others. Quoted from my lemonfingers account

Quote: Originally posted by Twilight (smry plz)
Hello. You don't know me. My name is Stephenie. I mean Mary-Sue, but I'm better known as Bella Swan.

For some reason, after I move away from Phoenix and I'm the "new girl" in Forks, Washington, my name changes. Don't ask me...I'm an essentially lifeless character. No. Really. Later on I fall for some vampire (who, by the way, defys vampire laws) and I lose all meaning to my life. I LOVE HIM. FOREVER. You can see a good demonstration of my love in the ending scene of my movie. Kirsten Stewart does an awesome portrayal of me freaking out when Edward tries to get me to move to Florida...but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I, for some reason, was overcome with extreme generosity and offered to live with my dad (who I haven't talked to in...God knows how long. Oops. Sorry.) so that my mother could go on the road with her new husband. But don't worry, that is totally typical teenage behavior. No? Oops, I did it again.

I am not very popular in Phoenix. Actually, I don't have a single friend. So yeah..I guess you could say I am in the pit of popularity, and all the people who actually have friends surround it...and throw stuff at me. It's awesome. (Still not typical teenager? I'll try harder..and become completely obsessed with a vampire..but again, getting ahead of myself.)

For some reason, though, the minute I move to Forks, I'm the most popular girl in school..besides my constant brush-offs of every guy who suddenly finds me hot. THEY ALL LOVE ME. No. Really. They do, but while I remain single...I totally hook up all my friends...so it's cool. I love being the seventh wheel. After all, hanging out with couples is so cool.

But one day. I saw him. Edward Cullen. He walked into the cafeteria and I was immediately interested...and a mere two weeks after meeting him, I made known my undying love for him. He is so amazing! And beautiful. And he's an Adonis!

He sparkles! It's sooo pretty!

But he is soooo whiny.

"Bella, I won't end your life for you!"
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
"Is it not enough to just have a long and happy life with me!?"
"ANGST."
"I can't do it. I won't be able to stop!"

GOD. My naivety tells me that all you have to do is bite, so just do it. And even when that evil vampire, James, bites me and I start turning...you suck the "venom" (weird..I know.) out of my system and keep me from it, even still.

Really. I think you're just stringing me along, Edward. WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME!?

When Edward and I finally become an 'item,' every freakin' supernatural thing in the world starts to come after me. It's sweet. And in the second book, Edward leaves me! OMG ANGST. Did I mention that he does it to save my ass? But I'm so one-dimensional, that it doesn't matter.

Oh, and later, like, fourth book later, Jacob...that creepy wolf thing that I didn't even know was a wolf until it didn't matter, totally gets in my daughters pants. Yes. I have a daughter. With Edward. Which I don't understand. Because he's dead...so doesn't that make me a necropheliac? And wouldn't his sperm be dead? Or...you know, not being produced anymore? Something. I don't understand the supposed biology of it all.

Wait..wasn't Edward like, a virgin, for over 100 years before he met me? Of course...but after 100 years of celibacy, I imagine anything looks good. And by anything, I mean me.

Oh well! I love him, and we'll be together foreverrrrrr...

I mean, seriously. This book shouldn't be so freakin' big. This shouldn't be the reason that kids are reading!
Anywho, this parody explains almost every reason I despise this series.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 3:09 AM
Prosthetics - That is literally the funniest thing I've read in so long! Especially:
"Because he's dead...so doesn't that make me a necropheliac?" and "Wait..wasn't Edward like, a virgin, for over 100 years before he met me? Of course...but after 100 years of celibacy, I imagine anything looks good. And by anything, I mean me."

Oh, and sorry, I'm a noob at quoting. I can't make it work the right way, so yeah xD

Scholar
#12 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 3:18 AM
haha...happy to make someone laugh. (quoting may take a bit of time if you're new to forums in general, but you'll get it )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 3:43 AM
I'm not new to forums really, though I have posted like 50 of my 75 posts in the last 2 days, so I've never been that active on them, and I've never had to quote before. =]

Oh, I remembered another thing I hate about Twilight:
- Jacob's too warm, Edwards too cold. If it's that hard to deal with can't she just pick a nice human like Mike to settle down with?

- Also, how in the heck could she possibly have sex with Edward if he was that cold?

All of what everyone's said are the burning questions that S Meyer so stupidly left out!! I do have a small confession to make. There is one character I like. Will anyone kick me if I say who?

Scholar
#14 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 3:48 AM
I do like Alice. I don't care what anyone says, but Alice is so cool. (so no, ChemicalCaitlin, I won't kick you.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 4:05 AM
Alice is pretty awesome. However the character I really like is.......JASPER! He's too cute and I just want to give him a hug, partly cause I feel bad for him, and partly 'cause he's stuck in such a bad book =]

More Twi-Hate:
- I want to beat Rosalie with a 10 foot pole. She is so selfish and mean, and attempted baby stealing is never the answer.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 3:58 AM
I liked the books, but once I learned Linkin Park (my favorite band) was on the soundtrack, I promised myself to remain loyal to Linkin Park. Not Twilight

So thats why I despise all things Twilight

Don't blink.
Scholar
#17 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 4:16 AM
Aww! I like Jasper too! And he attacked Bella's bitchass, so he's a keeper ^_^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prosthetics
Aww! I like Jasper too! And he attacked Bella's bitchass, so he's a keeper ^_^

Oohh, you're right. I totally forgot about that!!!

Scholar
#19 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 5:24 AM
Don't think I'll ever forget it, because then Edward leaves and she gets all retardedly emo. I lol'd.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 5:33 AM
Haha, Yeah, I love how it's just all "December" *blank page* "January" *blank page* and whatever. Then she goes and cries to Jacob and tries to kill herself to hear stalker Edward's voice in her head. That chick seriously should've been in the wacky shack xD

Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 5:56 AM
Plain and simple, I hate Twilight because of the fans. Mainly the fans like this idiot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLvNGZjMt8I

These type of people made me hate this film before it was even released.
Scholar
#22 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 6:05 AM
OH GAWD.

Not her again! I am so not watching her reactions! Not again! I fell for it last time, but not again.

*shudders*
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 6:25 AM
LOL I know your pain! I wanted to post the link to that vid with my comment but I didn't want to hear her voice so I made sure to pause it right away before she opened that yapper. She's mental!

Here's an avi for this group if the creator want's one :D

I'm sure someone can make one better than that bet eh I tried
Banned
#24 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 9:00 PM
I made an entire thread for choosing a picture for the group. It's the one titled "Deathly Important." That's were we are suggesti9ng pic's and voting for which we like best. Try posting it there.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:53 PM
I totally agree with all of you. I honestly couldn't get past the third page of the book. I thought it was poorly written. But, when I read vampire novels they're by the legends Bram Stoker, Bela Lugosi, and Anne Rice. I also hate Bella's character and prays she will die eventually in the book. She is such an annoying character who lacks personality.

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\has survived, died, or is living with cancer.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009

Page 1 of 6