Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rugs - zMOG!! Off Grid!!

by HugeLunatic Posted 17th Apr 2010 at 4:49 AM - Updated 15th Jan 2022 at 9:31 PM by HugeLunatic

177 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 138 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Mad Poster
#51 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 4:16 PM
I haven't played Sims 2 since owning Sims 3 yet I still have it installed and could NOT pass by downloading this. I may never load my Sims 2 game again but it just goes to show how much of a 'must have' download this is.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#52 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 5:05 PM
Yayayayayay!
Zombie Socks
#53 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 5:39 PM
HL, I bow in humble amazement. These are wonderful!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 6:23 PM
WOW you are so my favorite moder ever! Thanks so much for this it must have been very hard to do! Thanks so much for this Excellent work, Cant wait to see what you'll mod next!
Instructor
#55 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
You no longer need the M&G fix by goggalor at MATY.

Thank you for speedy response.

(lumbers off to remove mg-fix and install HL-fix)
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 9:03 PM
You're the best! Thanks!! <3
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 9:47 PM
Thank you!

This has been bothering me for AGES.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 4:10 AM
Such a great mod. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#59 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 6:47 AM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 3:08 PM
Thankyou very much! This has been one of my biggest pet peeves ever.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 3:14 PM
Same as alot of peeps here, I thought that lighting thing was my game/computer... so thanks for that info and even more so for this entire fix. I sooo freakin appreciate this!
Instructor
#62 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 6:21 PM Last edited by Alma70 : 19th Apr 2010 at 6:25 PM. Reason: Edit for clarification
Unfortunately, I have to report a problem. The FT Rug Hider & Catalog Cleanup works a little too well since only one of the rugs (the baseball rug) shows up at all - the others are no where to be seen. =/ Not that I use them much but someone else might miss them.

PS. I removed all my other mods before I checked so it can't be any conflict's with them that would cause this to happen.
#63 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 7:23 PM
::nab:: -- I`ll give this a try.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#64 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 8:27 PM
Alma70 - The other FT sports rugs are now recolors of the baseball one instead of appearing individually in the catalog.

The resources appear to be correct in both files and as shown in the first attached screenshot all recolors show up under the baseball rug.

Please double check the baseball rug and look for the recolors. If they do not show as recolors please let me know which file you downloaded - either the all in one or individual one.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 10:17 PM
Amazing! Thank you so much for this!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 10:39 PM
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD.
i love you.
Test Subject
#67 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 11:28 PM
Huh!!! Are you kidding me? OMG! I can finally use those rugs! Why can't EA do this? You are a genius! Genius! Genius! Genius! And Thank u! thank u! thank u! :D
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 3:01 AM
HugeLunatic, you have made so many wonderful things for our game in which I know I would be lost without. This mod is no exception! Many thanks for all of your hard work and sharing them with us!!
Instructor
#69 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 6:16 AM
Alma70 - The other FT sports rugs are now recolors of the baseball one instead of appearing individually in the catalog.

Please double check the baseball rug and look for the recolors. If they do not show as recolors please let me know which file you downloaded - either the all in one or individual one.

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear enough. What I meant was that they don't show up as recolors to the baseball rug. I downloaded the RugFixAll since I have all Ep's and Sp's.
I've already double checked so that I didn't download the wrong one by mistake or put them in the wrong place. As far as I can tell I followed your instructions as I should. It seems like I'm the only one with this problem...=/
Instructor
#70 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 8:05 AM
I have 'rugfix all' and I have the sports rugs as recolours. Is CEP needed perhaps? (dont make fun of me )
Instructor
#71 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gulhare
I have 'rugfix all' and I have the sports rugs as recolours. Is CEP needed perhaps? (dont make fun of me )

Was that a respons to my problem? In case it was: yes, I already have CEP so that can't be the problem.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 1:43 PM
Superb! Congratulations and thank you for this work very useful.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#73 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 3:00 PM
Yes this does require the newest CEP, since the CEP makes the rug recolorable. I only added the link to the other colors in my package.

Make sure the filename hasn't changed, the _EnableColorOptionsGMND should be in your downloads folder and zz_HL_RugFixesDL_ALL also - keep the zz prefix that is what makes it load after the CEP file.
Instructor
#74 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 4:17 PM Last edited by Alma70 : 20th Apr 2010 at 4:57 PM. Reason: spelling...
Yes this does require the newest CEP, since the CEP makes the rug recolorable. I only added the link to the other colors in my package.

Make sure the filename hasn't changed, the _EnableColorOptionsGMND should be in your downloads folder and zz_HL_RugFixesDL_ALL also - keep the zz prefix that is what makes it load after the CEP file.

The filenames were alright but I redownloaded the CEP just in case to see if that would change anything, and it did. Apparently I didn't have the latest version and now it works - problem solved! =)

Thank you for being patient with me. =P
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
Page 3 of 8